Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

Always pay the extra and get the CD...........

I am using Vista 64 bit with PD 7. No crashes. I even created an hour video and burned to DVD with no crashes.

Maybe try a reload of PD and don't forget any updates....
Ok, in the near future, I will be creating a 3D animation. I am wondering how I can import the animation and add it to a clip? I want the original clip contents to show underneath the animation. Any tutorials on doing something like this?

Also, I'd need to know what resolution to render the 3D animation in.

Thanks,

Ray
Quote: I use PD7 on Vista 64 bit.

I believe that it is working not too bad although I am having a couple of issues.

1. I've been having problems with PD and chapters. It seems that when I go to the Create Disk stage, if I have more than one page of chapters then the DVD will not run properly when playing back on our DVD/TV. If I stick to only one page of chapters, then it works ok.

2. I'm having Backup BIOS CHKSUM ERROR problems with my PC but most likely this is a separate problem from PD7.

John

Sorry I am not into Chapters at this time. I have no idea what they are or do!

Awesome....

Thanks again...

Sounds like it would work and I appreciate your help. I will definitely print out your response and try it. However, seems to me that being able to perform multiple mark in and outs would be the bomb!

As an example, I have a clip that is 2 minutes long. I like the first 5 seconds. I don't like the following 1 minute, however I do like the next 20 seconds, but I hate the remainder.

Is there way to insert multiple in and out marks or does this not make sense?

Or do I have to edit the same clip multiple times?

Thanks,

Ray

So far so good. I created about an hour movie. Nothing spectacular. Used a variety of wipes between scenes. Edited a few clips to shorten them up. I am now burning to DVD (without a menu...I'll figure that out later)....I have no idea how it might turn out... On the Create Disk view, it has Background Music and the path to some christmas music!!! I couldn't figure out how to reset it. I hope it;s not recording christmas music on my Marine bootcamp graduation video!!!

OK it took roughly 32 mins to burn 3762 Mbs. Not a bad DVD.

Anyway I thought it was pretty good for my first attempt at video editing....

Ok, one of the original problems I had installing PD was that the Java install failed. I figured I'd install it later..

Well, I said what the heck, let me install Java.

Now I have audio when I play the timeline.....

Ok, my first real issue with PD. I know I'm probably doing something wrong.

I import a bunch of clips I took. They are .MTS format. I can select a clip and play it and I get the audio just fine.

When I place the same clip on the time line and play it, video is ok but no audio?

What am I doing wrong?

Never mind... Seems that the setup window for QT was hidden from me.
Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor1 Q9300 (2.50GHz,1333MHz FSB, 6MB L2 cache)
Genuine Microsoft® Windows Vista® Home Premium (64-bit) SP1
6GB (6144MB) 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM (2-2048MB & 2-1024MB modules)

Ok, fired it up after connecting everything and I get the
warning "Your computer is unable to start, Startup Repair is checking your
system for problems". It did this twice. The 3rd restart and
it was ok, as it went into Windows configuration.

Did the immediate updates. Java update failed. Worry about it later...

Installing PowerDirector 7.0 - I didn't actually time the installation,
but even with a Core 2 Quad, it's taking
>10 minutes... Installing Apple Quicktime....taking a long time....

It seems stuck at loading Quicktime?? HELP!!!!!

Ray

I will document my adventure and post results here.

I will probably purchase my new PC today.

Thanks for your response John.

I think I will give it a shot!

Well, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I have been a victim of a sort of outsourcing in the past. I was laid off a job, only to be replaced by a foreigner with an H-1B visa.

When it comes to employment in the technology sector here in the U.S., I have problems when the company hires outside rather then in.

I will end this subject and keep to questions about video editing and PD.

Regards,

Ray

Well, according to Micro$oft, it is compatible. This doesn't satisfy my need to know however...

http://tinyurl.com/5d6t6v

Wow...I checked the Contact information on the site and yes, it is a Taiwan company.

The website sure looks American though....

Cyberlink should consider outsourcing their support to the U.S.A.!!!
Well, if Cyberlink is not a U.S. company....then please disregard my post.

I really don't like mixing my political and social views on this type of media, but I feel I must....

I was disappointed to see that Cyberlink outsources their customer support to India!!

I know there are qualified people here that could do the job, as well as need the job. I might add they would do the job better!

I encourage Cyberlink to reconsider who is doing their customer support.

It is things like this that can swing a prospective buyer of a Cyberlink product to a competitor product..... I have been know to choose other vendors when I find out their loyalty is not with the U.S. citizen.....

Sometimes the bottom line is not the correct thing to be worrying about.....

As I am in the demo evaluation stage of PD 7....I curiously will wait Cyberlinks response.....

I really don't like mixing my political and social views on this type of media, but I feel I must....

I was disappointed to see that Cyberlink outsources their customer support to India!!

I know there are qualified people here that could do the job as well as need the job. I might add they would do the job better!

I encourage Cyberlink to reconsider who is doing their customer support.

It is things like this that can swing a prospective buyer of a Cyberlink product to a competitor product..... I have been know to choose other vendors when I find out their loyalty is not with the U.S. citizen.....

Sometimes the bottom line is not the correct think to be worrying about.....

As I am in the demo evaluation stage of PD 7....I curiously will wait Cyberlinks response.....
Thanks Dafydd,* [* edited by the moderator]

I will most certainly be powdering the forum with questions as I progress.

But I'm still looking for comments on using PD 7 on a Vista 64 bit box.

Right now I'm using a Pentium 4, 2.something Mhz 2gig memory box.
When I play back a clip off of my camera, it is kind of jerky, especially the audio.
Go to: