Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Adding a 3D animation to a project?
Rayj2011 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 29, 2008 12:37 Messages: 65 Offline
[Post New]
Ok, in the near future, I will be creating a 3D animation. I am wondering how I can import the animation and add it to a clip? I want the original clip contents to show underneath the animation. Any tutorials on doing something like this?

Also, I'd need to know what resolution to render the 3D animation in.

Thanks,

Ray

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 05. 2008 12:38

Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
I have no answers, only directives. Please experiment with your desired goal, then post the finished product on SEEMYWORLD and share the link. Let us know what happens, and why. This way you can pave the road for others to follow. I am curious to see the video, or a portion. Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
Rayj2011 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I have no answers, only directives. Please experiment with your desired goal, then post the finished product on SEEMYWORLD and share the link. Let us know what happens, and why. This way you can pave the road for others to follow. I am curious to see the video, or a portion.

Man it is going slow. I have absolutely NO experience with 3D animation. I've been downloading other programs in order to find one that I can easily understand but they all seem to not be very intuitive. I will continue my struggle.

Wow...the SEEMYWORLD site must be new?

Ray

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 14. 2008 18:41

RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
G'day Bazza,

I might be on the wrong tram here (street car to you) and going in the wrong direction as well, but surely the video introductions we both use on SeeMyWorld are 3D animations.

These were created by Dafydd using Ulead Cool 3D Production Studio, I have also now created a few to play around with.

It is preferable to render as AVI, then import into PD7, place in No. 6 PiP track then adjust size and transparency. The reason for No 6 track is that it is always placed on top of any other PiP's

This is what I did on the Fijian Hat Making video on SMWOV

But I could be entirely wrong, so feel free to humiliate me as I know you will and I am sure Dafydd will put his 3 pennies worth in as well if I am wrong

Have a good day

Robert

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 14. 2008 19:58

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Robert..... a penny worth only.
You're right... spot on.

Dafydd
Rayj2011 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Robert..... a penny worth only.
You're right... spot on.

Dafydd

If I had to vote for one, I liked the Air Show. Short, but I like your idea.