Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Multiple mark in and out?
Rayj2011 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 29, 2008 12:37 Messages: 65 Offline
[Post New]

As an example, I have a clip that is 2 minutes long. I like the first 5 seconds. I don't like the following 1 minute, however I do like the next 20 seconds, but I hate the remainder.

Is there way to insert multiple in and out marks or does this not make sense?

Or do I have to edit the same clip multiple times?

Thanks,

Ray
James [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 04, 2008 00:42 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
If I understand you correctly, you would like to cut out multiple portions of the 5 min. clip.

You can do this by:
1. Selecting the clip in the timeline.
2. Choose the multitrim option button just above the timeline.
3. Move the time marker to end of where you want keep.
4. Choose the split function.
5. Move the time marker to point at the end of the part you want to remove. This will give you an additional scene listed on the right.
6. Move the time marker to the end of the section you want to keep and then again, choose the split function. You will have another scene listed.
7. Continue to mark all the scene segments of those to keep and remove.
8 Lastly, click on the segments you want to remove and choose the "trash" button just below the window.

Hope this helps. Jim Clark
Rayj2011 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Sounds like it would work and I appreciate your help. I will definitely print out your response and try it. However, seems to me that being able to perform multiple mark in and outs would be the bomb!
James [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 04, 2008 00:42 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
The way I described is my "way" of doing what you described.

There is also a mark in/mark out function in the multitrim window just to the left of the "split" function. Just move the time marker along the video clip and either mark in or mark out as you wish. It will list the segments that you've decided to keep in the right side window.

Both work. Sorry for the confusion.

Jim Clark
Rayj2011 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Awesome....

Thanks again...