Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 7 and Vista 64 bit?
Rayj2011 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 29, 2008 12:37 Messages: 65 Offline
[Post New]
I am in the market for a new PC and I'm considering a Gateway FX4710-UB003A Desktop PC Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz / 6GB RAM / 640GB Hard Drive / DVD±R/RW Drive / NVidia GeForce 9800GT / 15-in-1 Card Reader / Vista Home Premium 64-Bit. There is also an upgrade to Vista Ultimate 64 bit available for $69 I think, but not sure on doing that.

Anyway, I'm concerned about the PD 32bit compatibility with this box? I have heard off 32bit apps having problems with 64bit systems with more then 4gigs of memory. Should I be concerned?

Thanks,

Ray
Rayj2011 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I am in the market for a new PC and I'm considering a Gateway FX4710-UB003A Desktop PC Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz / 6GB RAM / 640GB Hard Drive / DVD±R/RW Drive / NVidia GeForce 9800GT / 15-in-1 Card Reader / Vista Home Premium 64-Bit. There is also an upgrade to Vista Ultimate 64 bit available for $69 I think, but not sure on doing that.

Anyway, I'm concerned about the PD 32bit compatibility with this box? I have heard off 32bit apps having problems with 64bit systems with more then 4gigs of memory. Should I be concerned?

Thanks,

Ray

Ok, no one wants to comment. Is anyone using PD 7 with a Vista 64bit box? Anybody???

Thanks.

Ray
Rayj2011 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Well, according to Micro$oft, it is compatible. This doesn't satisfy my need to know however...

http://tinyurl.com/5d6t6v
W. John C. [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 27, 2008 03:54 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I use PD7 on Vista 64 bit.

I believe that it is working not too bad although I am having a couple of issues.

1. I've been having problems with PD and chapters. It seems that when I go to the Create Disk stage, if I have more than one page of chapters then the DVD will not run properly when playing back on our DVD/TV. If I stick to only one page of chapters, then it works ok.

2. I'm having Backup BIOS CHKSUM ERROR problems with my PC but most likely this is a separate problem from PD7.

John
Rayj2011 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thanks for your response John.

I think I will give it a shot!
W. John C. [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 27, 2008 03:54 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
OK Ray.

I'd appreciate it though if you would let me know how you get on with PD7 running on your Vista 64. As I said, I'm having some issues with my PC and I'd like confirmation that PD7 is not the cause (I'm confident that it is not).

Thanks
John
Rayj2011 [Avatar]
[Post New]

I will document my adventure and post results here.

I will probably purchase my new PC today.
Rayj2011 [Avatar]
[Post New]

So far so good. I created about an hour movie. Nothing spectacular. Used a variety of wipes between scenes. Edited a few clips to shorten them up. I am now burning to DVD (without a menu...I'll figure that out later)....I have no idea how it might turn out... On the Create Disk view, it has Background Music and the path to some christmas music!!! I couldn't figure out how to reset it. I hope it;s not recording christmas music on my Marine bootcamp graduation video!!!

OK it took roughly 32 mins to burn 3762 Mbs. Not a bad DVD.

Anyway I thought it was pretty good for my first attempt at video editing....
Rayj2011 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I use PD7 on Vista 64 bit.

I believe that it is working not too bad although I am having a couple of issues.

1. I've been having problems with PD and chapters. It seems that when I go to the Create Disk stage, if I have more than one page of chapters then the DVD will not run properly when playing back on our DVD/TV. If I stick to only one page of chapters, then it works ok.

2. I'm having Backup BIOS CHKSUM ERROR problems with my PC but most likely this is a separate problem from PD7.

John

Sorry I am not into Chapters at this time. I have no idea what they are or do!
Rick [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Cuba via Miami now Living in L.A. Joined: Mar 07, 2008 17:03 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
I was a beta tester for version 7 and am currently running PD7 on a Vista 64-bit machine. No problems as far as compatibility goes. I am using a Canon HV20 HD camcorder and no problems recognizing the camera in PD7. I have also been able to print back to tape without error.