Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks Dafydd,* [* edited by the moderator]

I will most certainly be powdering the forum with questions as I progress.

But I'm still looking for comments on using PD 7 on a Vista 64 bit box.

Right now I'm using a Pentium 4, 2.something Mhz 2gig memory box.
When I play back a clip off of my camera, it is kind of jerky, especially the audio.

Is there a book, manual or tutorial on video editing for newbies?
I'm not looking for any program specific book, just general information
on video editing. Something that explains the basics like what a codec is,
what is pip, frame rates, etc.

Thanks,

Ray
Quote: I am in the market for a new PC and I'm considering a Gateway FX4710-UB003A Desktop PC Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz / 6GB RAM / 640GB Hard Drive / DVD±R/RW Drive / NVidia GeForce 9800GT / 15-in-1 Card Reader / Vista Home Premium 64-Bit. There is also an upgrade to Vista Ultimate 64 bit available for $69 I think, but not sure on doing that.

Anyway, I'm concerned about the PD 32bit compatibility with this box? I have heard off 32bit apps having problems with 64bit systems with more then 4gigs of memory. Should I be concerned?

Thanks,

Ray

Ok, no one wants to comment. Is anyone using PD 7 with a Vista 64bit box? Anybody???

Thanks.

Ray
I am in the market for a new PC and I'm considering a Gateway FX4710-UB003A Desktop PC Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz / 6GB RAM / 640GB Hard Drive / DVD±R/RW Drive / NVidia GeForce 9800GT / 15-in-1 Card Reader / Vista Home Premium 64-Bit. There is also an upgrade to Vista Ultimate 64 bit available for $69 I think, but not sure on doing that.

Anyway, I'm concerned about the PD 32bit compatibility with this box? I have heard off 32bit apps having problems with 64bit systems with more then 4gigs of memory. Should I be concerned?

Thanks,

Ray
I'm trying out 2 programs, Sony Vegas and Power Director. I know this is the PD forum.

I am still trying to figure out how to get my clips off of the camera and into Vegas. With Power Director, it took me about......3 seconds to figure it out!!

I have read reviews on PD and they impressed me enough to stop with Vegas and check out Power Director.

I have not done much more as far as using it, but did notice that when I dragged a clip to the time line, the audio line did not activate? There is audio with the clip and I wanted to try to edit it (remove or tone down).....

If you have a quick answer, great!

Also, if you can point me to some good rookie newbie tutorials that would be great!

Regards,

Ray

Go to: