Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

First this one is not actually PD related, but what do you guys do when recording outdoors on a VERY windy day. It's a mixture of sustained
winds and gusts. Some of my clips start out sounding like gunshots with echos!!! I use a Sony HDR SR-11 with standard built in mic.

After splitting the audio from a clip, how can I export it? I want to try editing it in an external audio program like Audacity..

Thanks,

Ray

Ok, my daughter is using Pinnacle to create videos for her church. She cannot figure out how to create a DVD that loops. In other words it plays
over and over... She says that in Pinnacle, if you right click on the last clip,
there is an option for looping, but when she does that, the option is greyed out.

So....how can I do looping in PD? If it can be done and easily, I will buy her
church a copy!!!

Thanks,

Ray
Quote: Hi Ray,

Last time I had a go at rotoscoping I used Premiere to convert the video into a .flm file. I then imported the .flm file into Photoshop where you can draw on individual frames. A good understanding of Photoshop and Layers would be handy.

Thanks for the response Mark. I don't have either Premiere or Photoshop. You're talking big bucks there!! I use Corel Paint Shop Pro for my graphic/paint needs.

I'll have to research a more economical way to do it....

Thanks again,

Ray

Now this is something I would like to learn how to do. I'm pretty sure that there is a lot more then PD involved.

If you have done any rotoscoping, what are the tools that you use?

Thanks,

Ray

I have some short clips of kids saying their name and position for American Football. When I add a fade transition in between two of these, the audio at the end of the first clip is getting clipped off by the transition.

How do I fix this?

Ray

Thanks Dafydd.

Why is it that in the Title Designer, doing a Save requires a new file name? In every other Windows program, doing a Save overwrites the file. In Title Designer, if you want to edit an existing title, you cannot just do a save. It wants a file name? If you give it the same file name, it creates another file.

You also cannot do a save as...

Seems to me this could be easily fixed by Cyberlink.

Ray

Yep...learned some new video lingo!!!

I want to add text to the bottom of my video, kind of like FoxNews and others. Either it could be static and still or scrolling right to left. It would have to show from clip to clip when there is a transition between them...

Ideas?

Ray
Ok, I fixed the problem by choosing Windows Media Video 9 HD Quality...much better.

Although it took 40 secs to render a 6 second clip....
Maybe I need to experiment with the other .wmv render settings?

Ray

Rendering to .wmv, the quality is way down...

I have a video of a football game. All of the moving players have an outline
of...hard to describe...kind of like seeing heat rising off the hood of a car or seeing it down the road. Am I making sense?

Bottom line...the quality sucks.

Is there something I need to do to improve the quality rendering to .wmv? I rendered to DVD an it looks tons better....

I did not change any setting, I just defaulted everything when I chose the .wmv format.

Thanks,

Ray

I am creating videos for a football team (7-9 yrs old). I'm basically grabbing every play. There is no announcer for the games. The problem is keeping track of the game score if you are watching the video. I would rather not talk during the video as I do not like the sound of my voice.

So, what I would like to do is add text at the bottom of the video, kind of like what you see on FoxNews. I guess at first I would want the text to be static and still. I would have the quarter and score there.

Later, after I figure out what additionally I would put there, I would like the text to scroll right to left....

The current way I have the video is I video a play then I have a transition
(usually a fade) to the next play and so on. I don't know if this would be a hindrance or not.

Can this be done in PD7?

TIA,

Ray

Thanks Dafydd. I finally figured that piece of the puzzle out.....
Thanks Bif...great tips!!

How do you select transitions. Being a newbie, it's easy to go "transition crazy" if you know what I mean. My first video (I just did my second one), I kinda went wild with different transitions.

For this video, I predominately used a fade. I would do maybe 2 or 3 fades then some other exotic transition...

Ray

Thanks Robert..

The link you gave me had a couple of .gif downloads. I thought they were
the color boards so I didn't open them. Eventually I did open them. They are actually screen captures of the color board room!!

I figured it out!!

Thanks again,

Ray

This may be the answer, unfortunately I don't understand it.
What do I do with a .gif file?
Quote: Hi Ray,

The degradation of quality in the preview screen seems to be a quirk of Power Director, it could be the video card that we have, as not everyone encounters this.

If you preview with Media Viewer you should find that the quality returns.

Regards

Robert

Thanks Robert. I have the nVidia Gforce 9800 GT card.

Did you read my other post? How to get the Title graphic in front of the first video clip?

Thanks,

Ray

Answered my own question by changing the preview quality.....

I have a bunch of clips in the media room. If I select one and view it, it is
just about crystal clear in the viewer while I play it.

Now, when I drag it to the Master Video track, the quality obviously degrades. Like the stripes of a referee's shirt are moving??? The vertical/horizontal lines of the stadium stands are moving?

When I click on the individual clip in the medium room and play it, it looks fine?

What's up with that?

Ray

I am trying to have a Title track then, obviously the master video track.
I can add the title track to the beginning of the time line, but when I go to add a video track, it too defaults to the beginning, so I have both the title track and video track playing?

How do I have the video play after the title track?

Thanks,

Ray
Quote: Robert..... a penny worth only.
You're right... spot on.

Dafydd

If I had to vote for one, I liked the Air Show. Short, but I like your idea.
Quote: I have no answers, only directives. Please experiment with your desired goal, then post the finished product on SEEMYWORLD and share the link. Let us know what happens, and why. This way you can pave the road for others to follow. I am curious to see the video, or a portion.

Man it is going slow. I have absolutely NO experience with 3D animation. I've been downloading other programs in order to find one that I can easily understand but they all seem to not be very intuitive. I will continue my struggle.

Wow...the SEEMYWORLD site must be new?

Ray

Always pay the extra and get the CD...........
Go to: