Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi EC,

I would like PDR to pick up the date also but I dont think it will.

Lee this should help

http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/dl_guide_393_4_ENU.html

Good Luck
If I understand the problem correctly.This is the way I would do it:

Make the second half of the movie, dont burn it to DVD copy it to c:\ Drive.
Download DVDShrink (Freeware) and shrink the movie (You wont lose any quality) and then burn to DVD.

Instructions for DVD Shink come with it, or you can download comprehensive instructions if there is any confusion.

pm me if I can help further
Hi Fellow PDR User

I want to update my camera and thought that somebody in the forum could recommend a High Definition camera. I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for it. Say less than AUD$2,000 of 800.00 pounds sterling or US$1,700.00

I have read that some PDR6 users have had difficulty using a high definition camera with PDR also, unless I have a high definition TV there is no point in updating to high definition camera.

Any feedback or recommendations on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Brian
Hi Christian

I am no expert but the way I would do it is.

1) Add the fade transition to the end of the clip
2) Add a black color board after that.

This should work.

Good luck

I have today uninstalled my copy of PRD6 and installed built 1731b.

The menu not looping has disappeared and all DVDs created do what you would expect them to do and that is loop untill you press a menu button.

I know there were several people with this problem and I add this topic to let them know that the problem has been fixed for me and perhaps the same process will also solve their problem.

Have a great day!!

The conclusion that appears to be made is that if we use Power2GO to burn the project to DVD the menu WILL loop.

Nice ploy to generate additional income.

Enrique's comment suggested that Cyberlink were looking at the problem and would have a patch for it soon. It appears that maybe they aren't

Maybe we should reconsider PDR6 and look at alternatives

The wheels turn increasingly slow
I would contact Cyberlink and tell them the story.
They would have a record of your payment and details so there shouldnt be a problem.
just ask them to resend the email.
David,
From memory the series of events are as follows:

1) You go to Cyberlink homepage and pay for the product
2) Cyberlink send you an email setting out the URL you need to visit to download your copy of PD6 along with an order number and a serial number for your version of PD6
3) You visit the URL and download the file.
4) You run the programme/file which will install PD6
5) You use the serial number provided in the original email to activate your copy of of PD6.

I think your first question should be "did I receive an email from Cyberlink?"
How can I tell what "Build" I have and are future build versions "freely" available if I already have PDR6?
thanks
I have the same problem with PDR6 where the menu does not loop and I have mentioned it before in this forum.
I understand that Cyberlink are working on a fix for this as it somewhat defeats the purpose of a menu.
Dont hold your breath though.
Hi Tracie,
I had a similar problem recently where some of the slides were displayed and some were not. I discovered that the photographs that were not displayed I had moved to a different location since creating the project. I moved them back to the original location and all worked well.
Maybe you should ask yourself have you moved the location of your photographs or has anything changed in relation to the photographs since you created the project.
I hope this helps
thanks
I note that within PDR you can capture from a DVD as well as import a media file direct from the DVD just like importing an Mpeg file. Does anybody know if there is a difference in the end result either way.?
Thanks
Hi there,

Does anybody know how to stop the 6 files loading automatically at the startup of PRD.? Its annoying having to delete them each time.

Thanks

Thanks Enrique.... persistance usually pays off.
Hi John,

You will finf that PDR6 "HELP" gives you a pretty comprehensive rundown of how to capture, edit and produce your movies

Check it out....
Hi Brady,

Thanks for your feedback but how do you explain that when I hire a DVD Movie the definition/resolution on my SD TV is far better than my home made movies.? (Not the mention the camera work of course LOL).

Maybe there are some basic principles that I dont understand or I am not aware of.

Thanks
Brian
Hi Boris,

I have done exactly what you want to do and PDR does it very well.

I have copied my old Hi8 tapes to my DVD recorder via RCA plugs (3). From there I load the VOB files into PDR6 and edit etc as I would a Mpeg file.

It works well....

This question is directed to Dafydd.

Nobody seems to want to respond to my question regarding menu looping but it appears that you are the expert so I will ask you.

As I have said the menu in PDR wont loop. Is it something that I need to do to make it loop or is it something that PDR just WONT do??

Thanks
Thanks for the recommendation but I have downloaded the trial version of PowerProducer and it doesn't appear to be anymore powerful or flexible than PDR
Go to: