Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Input VOB format
Boris [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 23, 2007 11:08 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I am unable to find out if PowerDirector can read a VOB file for editing.

Problem:
I transfered old Hi8 tapes on to my dvd recorder which produced the standard type DVD made of VOB files (source tapes no longer available).

Now I want to do some editing to the footage. Can PowerDirector read the VOB file off the DVD and place it on a time line?

If it can't read them, what other choices are available to me?

Thanks for your help,
Boris
[Post New]
Hi Boris,

I have done exactly what you want to do and PDR does it very well.

I have copied my old Hi8 tapes to my DVD recorder via RCA plugs (3). From there I load the VOB files into PDR6 and edit etc as I would a Mpeg file.

It works well....

I'm here for a good time, not a long time.
Boris [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 23, 2007 11:08 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
OK Brian,

I was pretty sure that it could input the mpeg1 and mpeg2 formats but could not find any reference to VOB. I was concerned that I would have to do a conversion first from VOB to mpg.

Thanks,
Boris
MikiMouse [Avatar]
Newbie Location: St. Louis Joined: Jul 13, 2006 23:01 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
There is a specific button "Capture from DVD" in the [Capture] step, you can specify which title/chapter to input from your DVD.
[Post New]
I note that within PDR you can capture from a DVD as well as import a media file direct from the DVD just like importing an Mpeg file. Does anybody know if there is a difference in the end result either way.?
Thanks
I'm here for a good time, not a long time.