Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
High Definition Digital Camera
[Post New]
Hi There,

This is probably not the palce to ask but I will anyway.

I have a Standard Defintion Digital camera which produces a very good picture when played on a Standard Definition Plasma TV.
My question is:
would I notice a difference in the definition/quality of picture if I took video on a high definition Camera and viewed it on a standard defination TV? or would I need a high definition TV to see any difference.?

Would appreciate some feedback

Thanks
Brian
:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 27. 2007 22:00

I'm here for a good time, not a long time.
BradyB
Senior Member Location: Springfield, Illinois USA Joined: Feb 24, 2007 07:38 Messages: 153 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Brian,

You will need a hi-def TV (plus a hi-def DVD burner and a hi-def DVD player) to view all the detail from the hi-def camcorder.

My wife gave me a hi-def camcorder for Christmas. I convert everything to SD for editing and viewing. I am slowly piecing together the hi-def gear. Got a blu-ray player for my birthday. Now I need a blue-ray burner. Hmm... Fathers Day is just around the corner....

Hope this is helpful.
[Post New]
Hi Brady,

Thanks for your feedback but how do you explain that when I hire a DVD Movie the definition/resolution on my SD TV is far better than my home made movies.? (Not the mention the camera work of course LOL).

Maybe there are some basic principles that I dont understand or I am not aware of.

Thanks
Brian
I'm here for a good time, not a long time.