Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Brand New User - loads of help needed please!
Lee James [Avatar]
Newbie Location: West Sussex UK Joined: Jul 15, 2007 09:44 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there,

Just downloaded the trial version of Powerdirector 6 mainly due to the reviews the software got and the price is good. I have installed it and managed to get some movie footage off my new Panasonic VDR-D310 DVD Camcorder and Powerdirector managed to read the disk (DVD-RAM 60min) and load up the movie data. But right now I'm stumped!

I had a good extensive look at the Users Guide which does not seem to refer to the trial software at all! I realise that some of the functions will be disabled but it seems that pretty much everything is! And I have no idea where to start!

I have two or three pieces of video captured on two 3" DVD-RAM disks that I'd like to edit together (my wife took some and I took some) but I have no idea where to start. I have only managed to get Powerdirector to read the disk and "capture" the video data from the DVD but that is it, I'm afraid.

I have done a search on the forum for anything on tutorials but nothing comes up in the search function. Right now, good as it seems, I have removed Powerdirector because without some idea of where to begin, it is effectively useless to me....

Can anyone point me to a decent tutorial? I'm aware of what this software can do, as do other packages, but despite being computer literate (I have four), right now I'm a complete newbie when it comes to this sort of project.

If I can get going with this by way of a tutorial or a decent book, then I'll buy the software and use it but right now, I see little support for totally new users.

Here's hoping some one can prove me wrong!

cheers,

Lee

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 15. 2007 10:03

Lee James
Senior Airport Security Supervisor (retired)
Heathrow Airport - London UK

Living the quiet life is West Sussex!
[Post New]
Lee this should help

http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/dl_guide_393_4_ENU.html

Good Luck

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 15. 2007 18:26

I'm here for a good time, not a long time.
Lee James [Avatar]
Newbie Location: West Sussex UK Joined: Jul 15, 2007 09:44 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Brian

Thanks for your kind response

Ok, I have this guide and have looked through it. There are no tutorials in this guide - and it does not relate directly to the Trial version of the software since most of the functions discussed, certainly in the first 20-30 pages or so, seem to relate to the full version. For example, there is no TEXT overlay capability in the trial version.

All I have been able to do is litterally "capture" the video from the DVD-RAM disks mentioned but have no idea where to start to move further on to get the video "published" onto a DVD in any useful manner.

Are there any tutorials available that take an example video and show you how to manipulate it to a conclusion?

Cheers,

Lee Lee James
Senior Airport Security Supervisor (retired)
Heathrow Airport - London UK

Living the quiet life is West Sussex!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I have made a few in the past... to help some users.
We have had to delete a number of video files due to a failure caused by the hosting company we used.

http://www.SoftDeko.com

I'm currently looking to change all the websites.... big task.

http://www.SeeMyWorldOnVideo.com

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 16. 2007 08:02