Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Using Director Suite 365. I am currently in the process of editing old video (nearly 30 years old). I do not have access to the original 8 mm tapes anymore and the files are now mp4. My concern is using PowerDirector 19 and Color Director 9 I find that I cannot make the video look quite as good as several other video editing programs I have. I know this is totally subjective when looking at the video and comparing but I would like suggestions on exactly what specific settings and plugins to 'play with' you would use to improve the looks of older video using Director Suite 365. The video is 720x480. Data rate is 1938 kbps, total bitrate is 2048kbps, and frame rate is 29.97.
Thanks. Barry
Clarification: I am not asking what exact settings to be 'set at'. I am asking what settings and plugins you would use.

LET ME SIMPLIFY: Please give suggestions on plugins available to Director Suite 365.
Thanks Maliek,
Your method indeed beats having to 'reload' the produced video again. I will be doing what you suggest as one does not have to leave the program to get the modified clip into the library. Besides, the producing of the clip is usually short and quick.
Barry
JL_JL:
Done, Sent request to Cyberlink.
Barry
JSC,
I am with you on this. It would be nice to have a preference setting where the scroll wheel can be used to move the time line up and down, but I am glad to know about the alt key.
Barry
Short of having to modify a clip (e.g. Fix.Enhanced and/or cropped etc.) and then rendering it out to reimport back into PD, is there a way to get such a modified clip into the video collage? I don't see way to modify the clip unless it is in the time line and collage does not seem to allow us to select a clip from the timeline.
Am I missing something obvious?
Thanks,
Barry
I cannot explain it, but I did go back and both methods (1 and 3) did work this time. All I can say is I grew pretty frustrated when neither worked before. (I retested with the same video file). Before, when I tried, 1 and 3 (and the others I tried), did absolutely nothing. The precuts just stayed there.

Hopefully that was a one time fluke because I certainly do like the way we can delete the precut.

Thanks for checking it out.
Barry
Opto:

Thanks again. I kind of laughed and cried at the same time when I read your response.

I wish I had found that in the manual. It certainly would be a lot easier to just be able to right click on the actual precut and select remove.... and know that the in and out points would be deleted also.

Barry
I wanted to delete precuts no longer wanted. I tried:

1) Right clicking on the precut and selecting remove from library
2) Right clicking on the precut and selecting remove from custom tag
3) Selecting the precut and pressing the delete button
4) Re precutting the original clip only to find the old precuts remain
5) Changing the name of the original file only to find the precuts remain
6) Reading the manual.
7) Searching the forum.

None of these worked. What finally did was: cutting the original file from the location PD 365 looked for it, when reloading the project told PD to ignore the file, saved the project without reference to the 'missing' file, reopened the project, placed the 'missing file' back in its original location, reloaded it into the project and precut again.

Is this really the method one must use to delete unwanted cuts? Nothing simpler?
Thanks,
Barry
Thanks again Optodata!
I may have to restore windows 10 (reinstall).

Can someone please tell me what the procedure would be to reinstall Diretor Suite 365. I am assuming I would just logon to my Cyberlink account and somewhere there I would be able to download the application manager and then the suite.
Thanks,
Barry
Thanks Optodata,

You are right, I was interested in reinstalling PD18 (365) in hopes of getting the missing NewBlue app back. (I was using it in a project) Installing the PD19 (365) reinstalled all the NewBlue's.

You confirmed my guess that uninstalling the app (PD in this case) would bring back the install icon (box) in CAM, but not being sure I did not want to take the chance.

You also answered my question regarding what would happen if by some chance the internet was down while Cyberlink was verifying. (Not the initial authorization). It appears, based on what you said, that one time may not be a problem if verification is happening during an internet down period, as it will try to verify on a later date.

Thanks again,
Barry
I have been through several frustrating attempts to get answers from support but they have not been forthcoming regarding Director Suite 365.

1) what happens when there is no internet and 365 is attempting to confirm the subscription. Does this mean I cannot use the programs? Does this mean they will allow usage and try to confirm subscription later? What exactly does happen at that moment?

2) I had problems with previous installment of PD365 (v1 which was solved with the new update. Apparently one of the New Blue packages was corrupted and I sent a screen shot showing the problem. I also sent them a list of the NewBlue packages that I did have and asked if I am missing any. Their reply was they could not tell me that information. (Top secret I guess). Anyway, like I said when installing PD19 (365) the missing New Blue package reappeared and the error message I received when loading a project dissappeared. So my question now, which support couldn't answer: I wanted to re-download my PD18 (365) while I was having this problem. How does one re-download a part of the suite when that option is not available in CAM? I suspect it means uninstalling the particular part of the suite (in this case PowerDirector365) and hoping restarting CAM would show download again as opposed to launch. (I just did not want to take that chance). (Their reply was to login to my account online and search for a non-existant tab to redownload).
Thanks... Barry
optodata
Thanks so much for your reply and clarification. I have followed your advice and sent the suggestion on to cyberlink.

While I don't really like having to import the whole folder, which indeed does work, I also used the import media file to select individual files from the shutterstock cache folder.

Again I thank you.
Barry
I just joined the '365' group with Director Suite 365 yesterday. I have downloaded a few musical tracks from the shutterstock collection, which do appear in the media content. Problem is, if I shut down Powerdirector 365 and restart another time, I can no longer find the shutterstock music files in the media content -> background music. I have looked in all sub-categories of the background music including downloaded. So my question is, where do I look in the media content to find previously downloaded shutterstock music content?
Thanks... Barry
optodata
BINGO! I had to create a blank project to delete all the temp files(as some were in use), but when I reopened the wanted project the 'ghosts' were gone!
Thank you.
Thanks for the replies!
Unfortunately saving and reopening the project does not remove the 'ghost' music for me. What makes it even wierder is the video renders out (produces) properly... i.e. without the ghost music and with the proper music.
Never saw this on v`15 or 16. I suspect that Cyberlink will not address the problem since official support of Smartsound ended a few versions ago.
This does NOT happen in v16. I place a smartsound file on a track and play. Decide I do not want that particular song. Delete it and place a different music track, The original deleted sound track still plays. (Wierd). Muting the track and placing the new music on another track makes no difference. The original deleted track still plays. When I delete all smartsound music then I get silence as expected. Any suggestions?

Also, how does one change the email settings on this forum. I can see where to change name but not email. (Btw: I have changed my email with my cyberlink account).

Thanks
Quote Click the Premium Phone Support button then click the link for free phone support. Click 'Get VS CODE now!!' so you can talk to them via long distance. That is a good option if you have a cell phone.

Well I tried contacting support with IE and Chrome. IE yielded same results but with chrome it went through. The difference possibly being I did not include the attachment of the screen shot of the error message. The attachment is a .png which is listed as acceptable.
I will now wait to see what happens. I just hope they don't ask for a screen shot of the error. If they do perhaps I can change it to a jpg or other format.
Thanks again.
Quote Don't bother to reinstall PD15. The licence in it won't work for PD16. Contact support at this link: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do . Use the email support and wait for a reply.

Again, thanks for being there. The immediate problem is I cannot contact support. See my original post. I have tried using two different browsers (and am at this moment trying again) but it just times out. Errpr message is: This site can't be reached The connection was reset.
Quote proDAD VitaScene 2 LE in the Transition Room is included for use with PD16 Ultimate. You may have try to open a different one for use with the ealier version of PD. I have many versions of add ons myself.

Some users may have mistakenly beleive that since they already have NewBlue and Adorage for the previous versions of PD then they don't need to install the versions included for PD16. Check to see if you have installed all that you paid for.

Again I thank you for the reply. Are you saying I have to reinstall PD15 ultimate in order to get the vitascene in PD16 ultimate to work? All my NewBlue and Adorage work just fine in PD 16. I tried reinstalling the vitascene with the download file that came with PD 16... in my case the 64 bit version.
Quote You can buy it for PD16 here at the Cyberlink store: https://www.cyberlink.com/products/partner-plug-ins/partner-prodad_en_US.html .

Thank you for the reply. Why would I want to pay for what is included with the pd? This appears to be a recurring problem that has been resolved with cyberlink issueing a link to an updated version of viascene. Is there another way to reach tech support? BTW: The link only shows adorage products, I did not see vitascene.
Go to: