Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Shutterstock Music downloads
bjtap1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 19, 2010 21:36 Messages: 79 Offline
[Post New]
I just joined the '365' group with Director Suite 365 yesterday. I have downloaded a few musical tracks from the shutterstock collection, which do appear in the media content. Problem is, if I shut down Powerdirector 365 and restart another time, I can no longer find the shutterstock music files in the media content -> background music. I have looked in all sub-categories of the background music including downloaded. So my question is, where do I look in the media content to find previously downloaded shutterstock music content?
Thanks... Barry
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That seems to be a design/implementation issue with PD.

By default, Shutterstock music clips are saved in the Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Shutterstock Cache Files\audio folder, but unless you added any of the clips you downloaded to a project, you won't see anything from that folder in your media library the next time you open PD.

It would be nice if they added a dedicated library like they do for the Background Music and Sound Clips that come standard with PD, and that's something you can request using Rate Us & Provide Suggestions under PD's File menu.

Two ways to access the existing downloaded Shutterstock content come to mind:

If you've just downloaded a whole bunch of clips and want to use them later, right-click on an empty sections of the Media Library and choose Export Library. When you want to access those clips again, right-click in the ML of your new project and choose Import Library.

Another way to access the downloaded content is to use Import Media Folder and then import the the entire download folder at the locaation shown above. The advantage to doing it this way over importing a saved library is that all downloaded content will be brought into the library, whereas an exported library will only have the content that was present when you saved it and no newer downloads will appear.
bjtap1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 19, 2010 21:36 Messages: 79 Offline
[Post New]
optodata
Thanks so much for your reply and clarification. I have followed your advice and sent the suggestion on to cyberlink.

While I don't really like having to import the whole folder, which indeed does work, I also used the import media file to select individual files from the shutterstock cache folder.

Again I thank you.
Barry
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Another way to access the downloaded content is to use Import Media Folder and then import the the entire download folder at the locaation shown above. The advantage to doing it this way over importing a saved library is that all downloaded content will be brought into the library, whereas an exported library will only have the content that was present when you saved it and no newer downloads will appear.

This would also be a great way to import videos and other assets downloaded using the application manager or shutterstock. This tutorial reveals several of the locations on your PC where files are saved when downloaded using the application manager.