Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Vitascene registration error message and cannot contact support
bjtap1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 19, 2010 21:36 Messages: 79 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem as Berclau2: "I bought yesterday the new PWD16 Ultimate and when I want to use Vitascene effect, a popup is opening, telling me that I must have an additional license to use it as the license in the pack is for PWD12 or 13 or 14 or 15. what can i do?" (Only difference, I did not buy the program yesterday).

But when I try to contact technical support from two different browsers I get the message after a several minutes of attemped trying to connect: This site can't be reached The connection was reset.

Any thoughts on how to handles these problems.
Thanks... Barry
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You can buy it for PD16 here at the Cyberlink store: https://www.cyberlink.com/products/partner-plug-ins/partner-prodad_en_US.html .
bjtap1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You can buy it for PD16 here at the Cyberlink store: https://www.cyberlink.com/products/partner-plug-ins/partner-prodad_en_US.html .

Thank you for the reply. Why would I want to pay for what is included with the pd? This appears to be a recurring problem that has been resolved with cyberlink issueing a link to an updated version of viascene. Is there another way to reach tech support? BTW: The link only shows adorage products, I did not see vitascene.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
proDAD VitaScene 2 LE in the Transition Room is included for use with PD16 Ultimate. You may have try to open a different one for use with the ealier version of PD. I have many versions of add ons myself.

Some users may have mistakenly beleive that since they already have NewBlue and Adorage for the previous versions of PD then they don't need to install the versions included for PD16. Check to see if you have installed all that you paid for.
bjtap1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote proDAD VitaScene 2 LE in the Transition Room is included for use with PD16 Ultimate. You may have try to open a different one for use with the ealier version of PD. I have many versions of add ons myself.

Some users may have mistakenly beleive that since they already have NewBlue and Adorage for the previous versions of PD then they don't need to install the versions included for PD16. Check to see if you have installed all that you paid for.

Again I thank you for the reply. Are you saying I have to reinstall PD15 ultimate in order to get the vitascene in PD16 ultimate to work? All my NewBlue and Adorage work just fine in PD 16. I tried reinstalling the vitascene with the download file that came with PD 16... in my case the 64 bit version.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Don't bother to reinstall PD15. The licence in it won't work for PD16. Contact support at this link: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do . Use the email support and wait for a reply.
bjtap1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Don't bother to reinstall PD15. The licence in it won't work for PD16. Contact support at this link: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do . Use the email support and wait for a reply.

Again, thanks for being there. The immediate problem is I cannot contact support. See my original post. I have tried using two different browsers (and am at this moment trying again) but it just times out. Errpr message is: This site can't be reached The connection was reset.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
The link I supplied already had my personal info filled in when I look at it. That means that I already signed in and registered my software in the past. Using IE. Can't help you if your browser don't work.

From Google chrome, I have to click the cyberlink tech support link and then it requires a sign in. That only works if you previously registered your software: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp . Maybe a different user knows a different way for you to contact support.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Click the Premium Phone Support button then click the link for free phone support. Click 'Get VS CODE now!!' so you can talk to them via long distance. That is a good option if you have a cell phone.
bjtap1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Click the Premium Phone Support button then click the link for free phone support. Click 'Get VS CODE now!!' so you can talk to them via long distance. That is a good option if you have a cell phone.

Well I tried contacting support with IE and Chrome. IE yielded same results but with chrome it went through. The difference possibly being I did not include the attachment of the screen shot of the error message. The attachment is a .png which is listed as acceptable.
I will now wait to see what happens. I just hope they don't ask for a screen shot of the error. If they do perhaps I can change it to a jpg or other format.
Thanks again.