Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Getting modifed clips into video collage
bjtap1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 19, 2010 21:36 Messages: 79 Offline
[Post New]
Short of having to modify a clip (e.g. Fix.Enhanced and/or cropped etc.) and then rendering it out to reimport back into PD, is there a way to get such a modified clip into the video collage? I don't see way to modify the clip unless it is in the time line and collage does not seem to allow us to select a clip from the timeline.
Am I missing something obvious?
Thanks,
Barry
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Short of having to modify a clip (e.g. Fix.Enhanced and/or cropped etc.) and then rendering it out to reimport back into PD, is there a way to get such a modified clip into the video collage? I don't see way to modify the clip unless it is in the time line and collage does not seem to allow us to select a clip from the timeline.
Am I missing something obvious?
Thanks,
Barry

I'm not aware of a way to add a modified clip from the timeline to the video collage designer. Best option I can think of is to Produce just that section of the timeline and the rendered video will automatically appear in the media library window which can then be added to the video collage designer. This viedo will show you how to Produce a range of your timeline.

Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.
bjtap1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 19, 2010 21:36 Messages: 79 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Maliek,
Your method indeed beats having to 'reload' the produced video again. I will be doing what you suggest as one does not have to leave the program to get the modified clip into the library. Besides, the producing of the clip is usually short and quick.
Barry