Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Smartsound Wierdness in v17
bjtap1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 19, 2010 21:36 Messages: 79 Offline
[Post New]
This does NOT happen in v16. I place a smartsound file on a track and play. Decide I do not want that particular song. Delete it and place a different music track, The original deleted sound track still plays. (Wierd). Muting the track and placing the new music on another track makes no difference. The original deleted track still plays. When I delete all smartsound music then I get silence as expected. Any suggestions?

Also, how does one change the email settings on this forum. I can see where to change name but not email. (Btw: I have changed my email with my cyberlink account).

Thanks
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote This does NOT happen in v16. I place a smartsound file on a track and play. Decide I do not want that particular song. Delete it and place a different music track, The original deleted sound track still plays. (Wierd). Muting the track and placing the new music on another track makes no difference. The original deleted track still plays. When I delete all smartsound music then I get silence as expected. Any suggestions?

Also, how does one change the email settings on this forum. I can see where to change name but not email. (Btw: I have changed my email with my cyberlink account).

Thanks

I already had this problem with PD16 in PD17 I still have little experience.
The solution for me is to save the project, close PD and open project again, the ghost file disappears.

Exchange e-mail seems impossible, I asked for support they were left to solve and nothing was done.
My old email was disabled, the way was to create another account after I bought PD already with new email.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 11. 2018 06:05

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]

Contact Cyberlink Customer service. I'm sure they can update the forum's email address to match the one on your CL account.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
bjtap1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the replies!
Unfortunately saving and reopening the project does not remove the 'ghost' music for me. What makes it even wierder is the video renders out (produces) properly... i.e. without the ghost music and with the proper music.
Never saw this on v`15 or 16. I suspect that Cyberlink will not address the problem since official support of Smartsound ended a few versions ago.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for the replies!
Unfortunately saving and reopening the project does not remove the 'ghost' music for me. What makes it even wierder is the video renders out (produces) properly... i.e. without the ghost music and with the proper music.

Hmm. Have you used Render Preview in this project? PD will create a hidden mp4 for that section and it will persist even if you move the clips on the timeline. You'll need to go to Settings and manually delete the cached temp files:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 02. 2018 14:44

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
bjtap1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
optodata
BINGO! I had to create a blank project to delete all the temp files(as some were in use), but when I reopened the wanted project the 'ghosts' were gone!
Thank you.