Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
In PD19 Ultimate, whenever I try to connect to web from within the program, I get message that I am using a feature that requires a web browser and that I should install one. (I have 3 and they are all connecting). It makes no difference what I try to use... e.g. learning center, help, what's new, director zone etc..

Meanwhile, in PD365 (20) the same features connect with no problem.

I suspect this is a preference setting but don't know for sure.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Barry
Solution???
After having no luck reinstalling with the new download files support told me it was a newblue .dll file and suggest I delete all newbluje file and reinstall PD17. I did that and still the same problem.
My 'solution'. I reinstalled windows 10. That seems to have 'solved' the problem.
Thanks to those who chimed in here.
Barry
Quote bjtap1,

Title appears to indicate issue upon starting PD17 but post body appears to address installation of PD17. If installation, I serious doubt any drivers at play for that issue.

I assume you are installing from your original downloaded files that are similar to CyberLinkPowerDirectorUltimate17_0xxxxxxx.part1.exe and associated other ****.partX.rar files? Do you have all the parts? If that's the case, I'd probably look at your anti-virus software since you indicate the installation crashes immediately.

Jeff

JL_JL
Thaks for replying. This does not appear to be an instalation problem as it appears to install well.
Cyberlink has sent me an url to redownload version 17 with all the accomying files so I am in the process now of downloading and reinstalling. Hopefully that will rememdy the situation. I will post back here the reults.
Barry
Thanks optodata;
I did everything you suggested with no satisfaction. I did send a request to Cyberlink support telling them everything I have tried (including what you suggested). Hopefully they can sort it out.
Barry
I am currently using PD 365 but wish to install my PD17 ultimate as well. Upon starting the PD17 installation (in any mode) the program crashes. It shuts down and shows me the 'oops it crashed screen'.
Any idea how I might remedy this situation please?
Thanks, Barry
Things I have tried: running as adminstrator and changing compatibility mode to windows 7 and windows 8. Do you think uninstalling 365, then running PD17 and reinstalling 365 might be necessary. I would think they should coexist. I am using windows 10.
Thanks optodata.... exactly what I was looking for.
How would I set up two videos as shown in the attachment? and.... possibly be able to animate each clip in 3D... for instance have one end of each clip move independently of the other.
Clear as mud?
Thanks... Barry
Unfortunatelly, I did not see these posts in time and I cannot delete all the x.x.211005 files. So I have a New Blue ticket in that will not be looked at until at least Monday .... but: I changed the compatibility mode of PD 20/365 to (I believe) windows 8,1, and PD is running again.

I don't know if this will cause any problems down the line, but if you are stuck like I was (am) perhaps this will be a temporary solution until either New Blue or CL fixes things. (I did uninstall and re-install of PD 2x).

BTW: I mentioned I cannot delete all the x.x.211005 files: in my case I have Filters 5 Ultimate of said version but I can find no way to delete it or downgrade it. Not listed in uninstaller, not listed the start menu under New Blue or anywhere I can find. Online, NB only has the x.x.211005 version available for download. If anybody has an idea how to delete the Filters 5 Ultimate please let me know.

Thanks,
Barry
Confirmed and it appears to be all NewBlue Video Essentials.
Further checks: This appears to be on:

'NewBlue Essentials, Paint Effects,Stylelizers
Boris: Film Style, Image Restoration, Lights

To confirm I am using PowerDirector 365.
Barryt

Based on past releases with perpetual licensing, no, you are not updated to a new release even though you just bought the product. You would need to pay again to update. Also keep in mind CL typically only offers upgrade availability to 2 versions, so 17-18 can upgrade to 19, 18-19 can upgrade to 20.

The above just based on past release characteristics and does not represent what CL may do, for that you would have to contact CL directly.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff.
I currently have PD17. If I update to PD19 (Ultimate in both cases) would I be entitled to a free update to PD20 Ultimate when it comes out later this month?
Thanks,
Barry
To be clear I am not talking about 365 subscription but outright purchase.
I currently have 365 Suite which expires around Sept 7. I wish to have only Powerdirector 365 so I cancelled the renewal and am ready to download PD 365. Should I wait until the 365 Suite expires and then download PD 365? What happens if I download the PD 365 while the suite is still active?

As for the rest of the 365 suite I will replace them (except the audio) with older versions that I got before the suite. eg Color director and photodirector. Do I have to delete the current 365 versions first and then reinstall the older versions? When I do uninstall the 365 versions will the 'extras' be deleted with them or will that require individual uninstalls?
Thanks,
Barry
This has been happenng with me also but with Shutterstock Music. Sent error report 2x to cyberlink.

CPU
Intel Core i7 @ 3.20GHz 39 °C
Coffee Lake 14nm Technology
RAM
12.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1330MHz (19-19-19-43)
I found the same thing as optodata, but didn't realize the problem pointed out. By that I mean I am still not sure on the differences between video templates and theme designer. These you tube templates do not show in my theme designer but do show in video templates. When using one of these youtube templates I was able to change the text and that is how I thought they were designed.

I would appreciate someone either explaining the difference between theme designer and video templates or point me in the right direction. (I never used these items before yesterday but I did find theme designer did allow me to place my own videos in the placeholders). I am assuming 'express projects' is now an obsolete term.
Thanks,
Barry
Quote Hi Barry -

You should be able to access those YouTube video templates by clicking on the Project tab. Under Video Templates, look for

• Simple Style

• Sketch

• Summer Sale

• Technology

(at least I think that's what they're called)

The attached screenshot should help.

Cheers - Tony

Tony,
Right on. I was looking for 'youtube'.
Thanks,
Barry
Thought I had it figured out that the theme designer and video templates were the same thing. Apparently not, beause in the theme designer I cannot find the video templates I just installed.. that is the youtube templates. Please, somebody explain the differenes and where I can actually find the video templates. A cyberlink video calls them express projects which do not seem to exist anymore. (In the projict room I can see video templates listed with a red dot in front, but selecting that only brings up the instructions on how to use video templates and nothng else).
Thanks in advance.
Barry
(Powerdirector 365)
Quote Ok, but I guess I'm confused why you're asking about non-PD products in a PD forum.

If you have the right kind of source clips, you can use Detect Scenes and then produce each segment using SVRT. You won't lose any quality because SVRT basically copies the content to the new clip.

What I am doing is taking older video captures (mainly from tape sources) and runing them through Topaz Video Enhance AI to improve the quality of these clips before editing them.... therefore I wish to avoid any rerendering to keep the video at the highest quality possible. That is why I want to be able to save the cut up clips without the rendering. I can cut the clips manually and then save without rendering... but that takes quite a lot of time in itself, as does the processing in Video Enhance AI. (Topaz only allows choosing one section of a clip, no being able to pick out more than one scene).

I tried my clips in Cyberlink and indeed it does a fantastic job detecting scenes, but they did not render in SVRT. Is there anyway to 'force' SVRT on a clip?

Thanks, Barry
Quote I'm not clear why you're looking for an app when PD has exactly what you're looking for. Dectect Scenes does the hard work for you in the Media Library, and you're then free to drag the clips you're interested in to the timeline. No producing needed.

I want to be able to save each detected scene as a seperate file without having to render or produce. Like I said I have found apps that allow me to split up a video file manually and save each without rendering... I am looking for the luxery of automatic detected scenes that I can use anywhere.. not just in PowerDirector.

Thanks
I am looking for an app that will automatically detect scenes and then allow me to save each scene WITHOUT rendering or producing. So far I have found apps that will allow me to save each scene but only after manually selecting each scene.
Thanks in advance,
Barry
Thanks optodata for your reply. I posted a video on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFZaSg30JBY that shows the 'final' product, that is, post PowerDirector. One can see the 'lower quality'. My concern is that I seem to get slightly better results with other video editors and that is why I want to know what plugins (add ons) other users use for their old video. For example any New Blue etc.. I am not asking for specific settings, only what plugins.
Thanks

For the youtube video I only used Cyberlink adjustments in PowerDirector and ColorDirector.

BTW: at about 2:58 into the video appears to be better... I believe that may have something due to the fact it was recorded at or after sunset... as darkness approached.
Using Director Suite 365. I am currently in the process of editing old video (nearly 30 years old). I do not have access to the original 8 mm tapes anymore and the files are now mp4. My concern is using PowerDirector 19 and Color Director 9 I find that I cannot make the video look quite as good as several other video editing programs I have. I know this is totally subjective when looking at the video and comparing but I would like suggestions on exactly what specific settings and plugins to 'play with' you would use to improve the looks of older video using Director Suite 365. The video is 720x480. Data rate is 1938 kbps, total bitrate is 2048kbps, and frame rate is 29.97.
Thanks. Barry
Clarification: I am not asking what exact settings to be 'set at'. I am asking what settings and plugins you would use.

LET ME SIMPLIFY: Please give suggestions on plugins available to Director Suite 365.
Go to: