Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Yes
Apparantly you can add Content Aware Editing to the removed features.

From Tech support: "After further checking with our product team, the legacy Content Aware Edit tool has ceased in the new version of PowerDirector 365. That is why you do not see the feature entry in the current version of PowerDirector".

For me, this is enough to cancel my subscription and go back to my version 21. Which brings up a major, (at least in my opinion) reason to not use the subscription model.... they remove a feature and there is no way to get it back.
Barry
I was downloading a few Powerdirector files when I noticed in the description: Available ForowerDirector 20~22.
I guess PD22 must be heading our way soon... I believe it's time.
Barry
Quote Try the "Edit" button above the timeline and then look through the "Tools" on the left for AI Sky Replacement.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff,
They are both there: Sky and AI
Barrt
I just installed the AI styles through CAM and cannot find them in PD365. I have looked under the plugins folder (where they use to be) and in the fx columns. These AI styles show as installed but sky replacement does not show seperately as installed. (Windows 11).
Please see attachment of the 365 plugin drop down menu.

Meanwhile 'back at the ranch':
On my 'older' windows 10 installation of Powerdirector 21 (not 365) they (AI styles and Sky Replacement) are found under the plugins folder.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks... Barry
Today I received an email regarding the availability of version 21.5 that includes an AI Image Generator.
I redownloaded the latest CAM, uninstalled the old version of PD365 and redownload and reinstalled (just now) the latest version of PD365. I keep getting version 21.4.2821.0.

So did Cyberlink jump the gun by saying v21.5 was available yesterday? Should I be more patient? BTW: I could not find the AI image generator so does that mean I just don't know where to look or v21.5 is really required (despite 21.4.2821.0 being the latest download?
Thanks,
Barry

I just selected the announcement button on the top right hand side of PD365 (just left of the ?) and a screen pops up saying: "Latest Version 21.5 Release ! Update now to try new features in the latest version" Unfortunately there is no link to update and selecting the bell icon for updates shows there is currently no new update available. So my guess is Cyberlink 'jumped the gun' on this one.
I just converted the problem file again using a different converter (to avi) and that seems to have done the trick!
I thank you for the suggestion and replies.
Barry
Thanks Jeff,
I optimized again, that did not work. I unchecked hardware acceleration decoding and that did not work either.
I also converted the problem file to avi and wmv and got the same results, previews just fine but once on a video track it play black.
Barry
What could cause a video file to play in preview with no problems, but play black (sound okay) when added to any video track. Like other video files with the same format that work just fine, this file is MP4, H.264 AVC, bitrate 2.04 Mbps, resolution of 720x480, 29.97fps, aspect ratio 3:2, profile is high profile, and frame type is progressive. (prerendering did not help).
Thanks,
Barry
PIX,
Thanks for the update and clarification!
Barry
Might ProDad's 'Hide' be of value?
https://www.prodad.com/Video-editing-and-modification/HIDE-V1-86057,l-us.html
Thanks for the answers. Indeed version 8 is available on Amazon and a search did not show any later versions.
The essentials version IS a 365 version.
Solved: I uninstalled the ai styles and reinstalled them through CAM. There must have been some difference(s) in the v20 vs the v21 ai styles files.
What was the last available version of ColorDirector and does anybody know where to purchase it?
Thanks
No matter what video I use and no matter what ai style I select, the preview screen is black. Select 'transform video' and I receive the attached message. (The orignal video will appear properly but selecting an ai style gives a black screen). Based on the attached message I do not believe there is any rendering going on at all
Anybody else seeing this? (BTW: I did report this to Cyberlink).
Thanks Warry for the reply and workaround.
Is there a way to park the scrubber (timeline marker) in place and click somewhere else on the timeline without the scrubber moving?
Thanks..... Barry
Jeff,
As far as I know it is just plain old Windows 10.
I am attaching a copy of my windows features next to yours. They are quite different.
What I don't understand is why PD365 (20) does not have the problem.
Thanks again
JL_JL
Thanks for the prompt reply. In the'turn windows features on or off' I do not see a box for IE11. I do see two other Internet listings.
1) Internet Information Services with subfolders and more subfolders but no mention of IE11 or any IE) and Internet Information Service Hostable Web Core (with no subfolders).
Barry
In PD19 Ultimate, whenever I try to connect to web from within the program, I get message that I am using a feature that requires a web browser and that I should install one. (I have 3 and they are all connecting). It makes no difference what I try to use... e.g. learning center, help, what's new, director zone etc..

Meanwhile, in PD365 (20) the same features connect with no problem.

I suspect this is a preference setting but don't know for sure.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Barry
Go to: