Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi

Am using PD17.
I'm having an issue where some of my video appears black in the preview window when i am joining clips together.
I am also having an issue where you can see the track line cursor is currently in an empty space, but video appears in the preview window although there is no video in any of the tracks. Any idea the cause?

Thanks
Hi

Am using PD17 and have been using PD for several years.
However i am trying to make a video and its weird as in spaces in the timeline that are blank i still see video in the preview window playing. I may have had a video in that space earlier, but have moved it around. I have attached a screenshot and you can see the red lline is in a blank space, but video is still in the preview window. I can assure you the video tracks below what can you see have nothing in them on that line.

Also a couple of my crossfades are not working and are instantly changing earlier. It's like the invisible video in these blank spaces is causing the issue.

Any ideas whats up?

Thanks
It's OK guys.

Was some brightness setting I had checked in the fix and enhance settings.

Sorted now.
Hi

Am using power director 17.
Not sure why, but am getting some weird grid of squares in the sky.
I suspect it's everywhere, but showing on the mist/white clouds were i was flying.
Any idea whats causing it as not on original video.

Thanks
Hi

I'm a bit rusty on transistions and am using PD17.
I am joining 2 10 second clips.
I cannot get the transition to change from 0.01 seconds.
I get a modify button and set it to 2 seconds, but there is no ok button to confirm.
There is also a little clock symbol that says mofify duration and this does have an ok button. But even after pressing ok the duration is still 0.01 seconds.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Thank you. That helped.
Hi

Found an old film of my father on Youtube and he is part of a Pipe Band marching for maybe 5-8 seconds in parts.
It's a 60 year old clip so quality isn't the best so before i show my family i'd like to highlight him with a circle or oval that travels with him as he marches. I'v seen youtube clips to do this on PD10, but they don't really translate to PD17 great. I believe it's something to do with having a transparent PIP of the Circle and then creating a motion path. It's the motion path i'm having problems with. Can anyone give pointers or point me to a decent video tutorial?

Thanks
Sorry please ignore. Found the answer about contact Cyberlink further down the page.
Hi

I upgraded from PD14 to PD17 Ultra a year ago. I just reinstalled Windows 10 and now can't find a download for PD17.
I am clicking on the link for the download in my original email from Cyberlink a year ago and it's dead anong with all the contentpack links too. Where can i download these from please?

Thanks
Hi

I used to have PD15 and believe there was a radio button beside file in preferences where you checked it to save screenshots at the original video resolution. I can't see that in PD17 and my photo resultion is much smaller than the video i want to capture.

How does it work in PD17?

Thanks
Hi

When i am uploading edited videos to Youtube the original file looks fine, but the end result is Top and bottom 4/10's are black bars and only the middle 5th and 6th 10th have video. It's like it's been flattened by Youtube. Even the thumbnails are flattened.
I've never had this problem before, and as i said the original file looks fine.

Any ideas to the issue?

Thanks
Hi guys.

The solution was to download the version from the link in the email when I bought it and not the free trial version from the website.

It then asked me to put in the PD15 code and then the PD17 code as it was an upgrade rather than stand alone.
Hi

I have just upgraded from PD15 to PD18 and am finding it sluggish when trying to scroll through transitions, effects and titles etc and the rendering of videos is also much longer than PD15.

Any recommendations to help speed it up?

Thanks
Please ignore as found answer.
Hi

I recently upgraded from PD15 Ultra to PD17 Ultra with no issues.
However i had to do a Windows reinstall and didn't think i would have to download PD15 again and then PD17 again after it.
So i just downloaded the free PD17 from the Cyberlink website thinking i would have to put my PD17 serial number in.
Firstly the version of PD17 i have downloaded was the free trial PD17 Essential as i couldn't see any other version i could download.
I then assumed i would put my key in, but there is nowhere i can put the key that i can see and it says i have 31 days trial left and some features may be missing or watermarks in video.

So is there someone i can enter my key?
I assume the key is what keeps locked/unlocks features of the PD17 for which version you own and we all have the same version initially?
Or do i have to download PD15 and then upgrade to PD17 like i did before?

Hope this makes sense.
Hi

I have PD15 and have been using it for a couple of years to make drone videos.
However i have never color graded anything as PD15 doesn't have color grading and never shot in RAW format.
I am now interested in doing this in particular for photographs i may now be taking on my new GoPro as well as videos.

So can i grade single as well as bulk photos in PD17 as i'm loathe to buy 2 different softwares for video and photo grading if 1 can do both albeith not designed to? If so then i'm happy to upgrade from 15 to 17.

Thanks
Hi

Apologies if this is the wrong Forum.

I have a YT channel and upload drone video.
However i recently bought a 1st model Osmo(Handheld gimbal camera) to show videos inareas where you can't fly or poor weather.

The videos look terrible and are blocky. I know this is peculiar to the Osmo as i never have this problem with the drone vidoes using PD15. So i know PD is not the problem. However anything i can do to improve the output quality in the Osmo settings and PD settings i want to ry.

So does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

In your settings you can turn on grid lines which may help with place see image 1
You will need to also add a video track I believe to allow 4

Drop all 4 on the time line under each other now you can adjust them in the preview window. You can also enter the pip designer on each one and turn off MAINTAIN ASPECT Ration under object settings in the pip

Thanks.

Just doing in preview worked.
Hi

How do i make a video using 4 other videos so they are split in a 2x2 grid?
I've tried PIP, but only getting 2 videos to play?>

Thanks
Hi

Getting the hang of inserting PIP videos into my full screen videos now.
However these are all with using motion. So the PIP comes in from the edges of the videos etc.
How do i just have a PIP appear suddenly inside my fullscreen video rather than drifting in?

Thanks
Go to: