Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Videos playing in editor that are no longer even in the timeline.
Bunraku70 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 06, 2017 18:44 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

Am using PD17 and have been using PD for several years.
However i am trying to make a video and its weird as in spaces in the timeline that are blank i still see video in the preview window playing. I may have had a video in that space earlier, but have moved it around. I have attached a screenshot and you can see the red lline is in a blank space, but video is still in the preview window. I can assure you the video tracks below what can you see have nothing in them on that line.

Also a couple of my crossfades are not working and are instantly changing earlier. It's like the invisible video in these blank spaces is causing the issue.

Any ideas whats up?

Thanks
[Thumb - Capture.JPG]
 Filename
Capture.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
212 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
9 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi

Am using PD17 and have been using PD for several years.
However i am trying to make a video and its weird as in spaces in the timeline that are blank i still see video in the preview window playing. I may have had a video in that space earlier, but have moved it around. I have attached a screenshot and you can see the red lline is in a blank space, but video is still in the preview window. I can assure you the video tracks below what can you see have nothing in them on that line.

Also a couple of my crossfades are not working and are instantly changing earlier. It's like the invisible video in these blank spaces is causing the issue.

Any ideas whats up?

Thanks

You didn't include enough in your screen grab to get much insight. A often reported issue with PD, some of the following may help:
1) might be that you used shadow files for some content in your media room, if so, delete them
2) might have corrupt editing file
3) sometimes closing PD and restarting project may help
4) sometimes if one selects all and copies timeline contents into a new project, this may help
5) I've seen the issue occur with highly variable framerate source files, PD messes up on split points, convert to basic H.264 constant framerate of similar quality and use for editing

Jeff