Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can i use PD17 to Color Grade photos too?
Bunraku70 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 06, 2017 18:44 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

I have PD15 and have been using it for a couple of years to make drone videos.
However i have never color graded anything as PD15 doesn't have color grading and never shot in RAW format.
I am now interested in doing this in particular for photographs i may now be taking on my new GoPro as well as videos.

So can i grade single as well as bulk photos in PD17 as i'm loathe to buy 2 different softwares for video and photo grading if 1 can do both albeith not designed to? If so then i'm happy to upgrade from 15 to 17.

Thanks
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Bunraku70 -

I'm not sure what you mean by "grading" photos. That term is usually applied to video. If you mean enhancing/modifying colour or changing the "look" of photos, the answer is YES.

In PDR17, when you select a photo then Fix/Enhance you have most (not all) of the options available for videos, including applying LUTs. Any adjustments made can be "Applied to all" or applied to specific photos by selecting them first.

Be aware that if you're shooting photos RAW, they'll be converted to JPG when you import them into PDR.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!