Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have full version of 17 ultra. but says i am on trial after windows reinstall.
Bunraku70 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 06, 2017 18:44 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

I recently upgraded from PD15 Ultra to PD17 Ultra with no issues.
However i had to do a Windows reinstall and didn't think i would have to download PD15 again and then PD17 again after it.
So i just downloaded the free PD17 from the Cyberlink website thinking i would have to put my PD17 serial number in.
Firstly the version of PD17 i have downloaded was the free trial PD17 Essential as i couldn't see any other version i could download.
I then assumed i would put my key in, but there is nowhere i can put the key that i can see and it says i have 31 days trial left and some features may be missing or watermarks in video.

So is there someone i can enter my key?
I assume the key is what keeps locked/unlocks features of the PD17 for which version you own and we all have the same version initially?
Or do i have to download PD15 and then upgrade to PD17 like i did before?

Hope this makes sense.
Bunraku70 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Please ignore as found answer.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Please ignore as found answer.

I'm glad you resolved the issue, and I assume that you either found the original installer on your hard drive or were able to log in to your Cyberlink account and download the installer again.

Could you please post the solution that worked for you? Other members may benefit from your experience if they end up in a similar situation.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
avensis [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 02, 2019 12:36 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, can you post the solution please?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
ShowBox Tutuapp Mobdro

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 09. 2019 16:09

Bunraku70 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi guys.

The solution was to download the version from the link in the email when I bought it and not the free trial version from the website.

It then asked me to put in the PD15 code and then the PD17 code as it was an upgrade rather than stand alone.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi guys.

The solution was to download the version from the link in the email when I bought it and not the free trial version from the website.

It then asked me to put in the PD15 code and then the PD17 code as it was an upgrade rather than stand alone.

Thanks for sharing what worked. One thing to be aware of is that the emailed links will only be active for a limited time, something like 2 months unless you paid extra at purchase for the "extended download" option.

Please copy the downloaded installer to a safe place so that you'll be able to reinstall PD again if needed in the future. The only other option would be to email Cyberlink support with all if your purchase details and wait for them to send you new links, and that's been know to take a few days.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°