Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Original video colour is lost when launching ColorDirector 5 from PowerDirector 16
KUMELL
Newbie Location: Syney, Australia Joined: Oct 21, 2014 09:06 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Everytime I try to launch a video clip from PowerDirector to ColorDirector, the clip opens in ColorDirecor with strange colour presets. I cannot see the original clip colours for editing. I try to even reset the colurs in ColorDirecot but it won't help me at all.
Hope you can help me. It is very furstrating.
I use ColorDirector 5 and PowerDirector 16.
Thanks Anura ELLAWALA
[Post New]
Sorry, deleted. Thought you applied a LUT

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 21. 2018 00:50

[Post New]
Sorry, deleted. Thought you applied a LUT

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 21. 2018 00:50

[Post New]
Hello KUMELL,

Welcome to the CDR forum smile

Could you please post a screenshot of the opening frame of a video in PDR, & the same frame of the same video in CDR? Obviously you're talking about a very significant difference.

From my testing, there are minute diferences in colour display between PDR & CDR, but nothing that would cause such alarm!

PIX PIX YouTube channel
KUMELL
Newbie Location: Syney, Australia Joined: Oct 21, 2014 09:06 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello KUMELL,

Welcome to the CDR forum smile

Could you please post a screenshot of the opening frame of a video in PDR, & the same frame of the same video in CDR? Obviously you're talking about a very significant difference.

From my testing, there are minute diferences in colour display between PDR & CDR, but nothing that would cause such alarm!

PIX

Hi,
Thank you for your response..
Please find the attached screen captures from both PDR & CDR. I didn't select any presets in CDR but the video clip appears as if has been modified. I unisntalled CDR and reinstalled but there is no change.
Hope you can help.
Thank you.
[Thumb - PDR.JPG]
 Filename
PDR.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
PowerDirector Screen Shot
 Filesize
123 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
9 time(s)
[Thumb - CDR.JPG]
 Filename
CDR.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
ColorDirector Screen Shot
 Filesize
301 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
13 time(s)
Anura ELLAWALA
[Post New]
Hello again,

My goodness! That's outrageous surprised

Please see the attached screenshots of a similar clip in PDR & CDR. This is CDR6, but the preview in CDR5 is just the same. They are more like what you should expect.

Could you please check your Hardware Decoding preferences in both PDR & CDR? If that option is checked, try unchecking.

Also, please ensure that you have the most recent 6301 update patch installed for CDR5.

If we're unable to resolve this here, we may need to refer to the Technical Support team for advice.

PIX
[Thumb - CDR Preview.jpg]
 Filename
CDR Preview.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
694 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
[Thumb - PDR Preview.jpg]
 Filename
PDR Preview.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
665 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
PIX YouTube channel
KUMELL
[Post New]
Quote Hello again,

My goodness! That's outrageous surprised

Please see the attached screenshots of a similar clip in PDR & CDR. This is CDR6, but the preview in CDR5 is just the same. They are more like what you should expect.

Could you please check your Hardware Decoding preferences in both PDR & CDR? If that option is checked, try unchecking.

Also, please ensure that you have the most recent 6301 update patch installed for CDR5.

If we're unable to resolve this here, we may need to refer to the Technical Support team for advice.

PIX

Thanks PIX.

I installed the pacth but no change also untick harware accelaration as well.
I have already sent an email to technical support.
Thank you very much for your support.

Anura Anura ELLAWALA
Muzza [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 18, 2011 21:02 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Kumell, I may have an answer to your problem. Open Colourdirector, Click on the gear wheel on the top of the screen, Click on colour and if the check box for a lut to be placed on all videos being imported has a tick in it, click on the tick and remove it. While you are there read the screen to familarise your self with the settings.

Regards Murray