Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
It appears PhotoDirector 8 have issues rendering DJI Phantom 4 pro and advance raw files correctly..
[Post New]
A raw file out from the P4 adv/pro get this very bad curved horizon. According to "those who knows": "your raw software is not reading the corrections built into the dng file by the phantom."

Is it something that can be done about this? As it's now I can't use PhotoDirector 8 for my P4 pro images ....
[Thumb - curved.png]
 Filename
curved.png
[Disk]
 Description
p4 pro raw footage
 Filesize
479 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
35 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 18. 2017 03:35

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Welcome,

First, it is not OUR software. We are users like yourself. Some have more experience. Contact Cyberlink Tech service directly to get their response.

Ask "those who (supposedly) know if they have suggestions. Have you tried the built in lens adjustments? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
"those who (supposedly) know" suggested just that. I tried that first thing when I saw that horizon but it does not make any change at all. There are two DJI profiles, none of them for P4 Pro/Adv. On the other hand, the ones available for DJI did change something but absolutely not the horizon .. .. I start wonder if it's something wrong with that camera. My P4 std is generating straight horizons with the same RAW format. I think I check with DJI support.

Quote Welcome,

First, it is not OUR software. We are users like yourself. Some have more experience. Contact Cyberlink Tech service directly to get their response.

Ask "those who (supposedly) know if they have suggestions. Have you tried the built in lens adjustments?
[Post New]
Well, it's claimed to be corrected in other editors. I have asked people to load the original in their editors to know the result. If it's corrected I check with Cyberlink support.

Quote "those who (supposedly) know" suggested just that. I tried that first thing when I saw that horizon but it does not make any change at all. There are two DJI profiles, none of them for P4 Pro/Adv. On the other hand, the ones available for DJI did change something but absolutely not the horizon .. .. I start wonder if it's something wrong with that camera. My P4 std is generating straight horizons with the same RAW format. I think I check with DJI support.

Quote Welcome,

Ask "those who (supposedly) know if they have suggestions. Have you tried the built in lens adjustments?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 19. 2017 02:06

[Post New]
Ok, I uploaded the DNG file to google drive were it was corrected. So I proceed to support.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B874uuv9DCHZdGtnY3VTMC1IZUU

Quote Well, it's claimed to be corrected in other editors. I have asked people to load the original in their editors to know the result. If it's corrected I check with Cyberlink support.

Quote "those who (supposedly) know" suggested just that. I tried that first thing when I saw that horizon but it does not make any change at all. There are two DJI profiles, none of them for P4 Pro/Adv. On the other hand, the ones available for DJI did change something but absolutely not the horizon .. .. I start wonder if it's something wrong with that camera. My P4 std is generating straight horizons with the same RAW format. I think I check with DJI support.

Quote Welcome,

[Post New]
Hello Håkan K,

It appears that what you've been told by "those who know" is correct.

Some photo apps do have a facility that automatically corrects lens distortion on import. Naturally, it crops out part of the photo. You can see what I mean in the attached screenshots.

Even though there's no Lens Correction profile available for the P4P, I just made a lens correction preset. You can download it from here & see if it works for you.

You can replicate what I did by (shown in the attached screenshot):

1. Applying the profile for Garmin VIRB XE

2. Setting Fisheye Distortion to ~-20

PIX
[Thumb - DJI P4P-Lr.jpg]
 Filename
DJI P4P-Lr.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
855 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
31 time(s)
[Thumb - DJI P4P-PhD8.jpg]
 Filename
DJI P4P-PhD8.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1878 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
34 time(s)
[Thumb - DJI P4P Correction.jpg]
 Filename
DJI P4P Correction.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
842 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
36 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 19. 2017 03:47

PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Oh, you just made my day!!

I look forward to get the preset.

Thank you very much!

Quote Hello Håkan K,

Some photo apps do have a facility that automatically corrects lens distortion on import. Naturally, it crops out part of the photo. You can see what I mean in the attached screenshots.

Even though there's no Lens Correction profile available for the P4P, I just made a lens correction preset. You can download it from here & see if it works for you.

PIX
[Post New]
Working as a charm!!

Again, thank yu very much!

Quote Oh, you just made my day!!

I look forward to get the preset.

Thank you very much!

Quote Hello Håkan K,

PIX