Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 16 and ColorDirector 5 , CD edit's won't stick
[Post New]
Doing my first edit in PD16 after upgrade from PD15. I'm using CD5 to color grade. Now i noticed my edits in CD5 won't stick when after going from PD16 > CD5 and back. I have a "I" in the timeline on the clip but the changes from CD5aren't visible. Is this a known defect?
Thanks.
[Post New]
After some further debugging I found that adding a LUT in CD will cause thus issue. So this wont work:
PD16 > CD5 > add LUT and and other adjustments > back to PD16.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Håkan K -

I can't test that here because, even though I have CDR 2-6 installed, it's CDR6 that's triggered when round tripping. I do remember there was an issue with the LUT adjustment not sticking with CDR5.

What happens when you (a) apply the LUT in CDR5 then (b) make some other minor adjustment, before going back to PDR?

It's not an issue when using CDR6, that's for sure. It's equally not an issue becasue you can apply LUTs directly in PDR16!

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Quote Hi Håkan K -

I can't test that here because, even though I have CDR 2-6 installed, it's CDR6 that's triggered when round tripping. I do remember there was an issue with the LUT adjustment not sticking with CDR5.

What happens when you (a) apply the LUT in CDR5 then (b) make some other minor adjustment, before going back to PDR?

It's not an issue when using CDR6, that's for sure. It's equally not an issue becasue you can apply LUTs directly in PDR16!

Cheers - Tony

Hi.

Yeah I used the "apply LUT + make an edit" approach in PD15 to workaround that issue. But that dosen't work in PD16. I think there is a defect causing this to happen after implementing the LUT feature in PD16. So I have opened a case. Let's see what happens.
[Post New]
Quote Hi Håkan K -

Cheers - Tony

Hi.

Yeah I used the "apply LUT + make an edit" approach in PD15 to workaround that issue. But that dosen't work in PD16. I think there is a defect causing this to happen after implementing the LUT feature in PD16. So I have opened a case. Let's see what happens.

For whatever it's worth.

Upgraded to CD6 and problem is gone. It's even possible to apply a LUT in CD6 without making any additional change and back to PD16 and it's still there.