Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Such Madness DVD 17
LTJ13 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 15, 2023 19:36 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I run DVD 19 but my PC is out of action so I'm using my laptop with 17. In both cases I run out digitally to an external DAC. I was watchin a film this evening went out of the room and the sound stopped, I returned to see there was sound but it had switched over to the laptops audio. Everything else bar cyberlink 17 works fine going through the dac and external sound system. The other odd thing is 17 has now lost its volume control. I've been tow hours trying to get a fffing ticket and it willnot accept my query. What atotal waste of time some of these sofware companies are. In desperation I came here. so if anyone has any ideas I'd be grateful. I've tried the wasapi out to no avail Thanks
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I run DVD 19 but my PC is out of action so I'm using my laptop with 17. In both cases I run out digitally to an external DAC. I was watchin a film this evening went out of the room and the sound stopped, I returned to see there was sound but it had switched over to the laptops audio. Everything else bar cyberlink 17 works fine going through the dac and external sound system. The other odd thing is 17 has now lost its volume control. I've been tow hours trying to get a fffing ticket and it willnot accept my query. What atotal waste of time some of these sofware companies are. In desperation I came here. so if anyone has any ideas I'd be grateful. I've tried the wasapi out to no avail Thanks

If your DAC cannot decode dolby or dts audio itself (has no dolby or dts decoders), deselect the dolby and dta options of your DAC in Windows sound settings > Playback devices > Properties (of your DAC) > Supported format.

Then, try the playback in powerdvd.

The dolby or dts decoders are usually in home cinema amplifier. Most of "DAC" devices don't have the decoders at all natively.
The decoder license is pricey.
LTJ13 [Avatar]
[Post New]

If your DAC cannot decode dolby or dts audio itself (has no dolby or dts decoders), deselect the dolby and dta options of your DAC in Windows sound settings > Playback devices > Properties (of your DAC) > Supported format.

Then, try the playback in powerdvd.

The dolby or dts decoders are usually in home cinema amplifier. Most of "DAC" devices don't have the decoders at all natively.
The decoder license is pricey.

hello and thanks for responding. It really has me baffled as it was actually outputting to the DAC for about ten minutes. As 17 is on my laptop and on my main PC I use 19 and have done so for years no problem , both W10 and the same dac . now 17 works perfectly well on VLC and windows media player, everything outputs to the DAC. ifr I can find the drivers I might reinstall
LTJ13 [Avatar]
[Post New]

hello and thanks for responding. It really has me baffled as it was actually outputting to the DAC for about ten minutes. As 17 is on my laptop and on my main PC I use 19 and have done so for years no problem , both W10 and the same dac . now 17 works perfectly well on VLC and windows media player, everything outputs to the DAC. ifr I can find the drivers I might reinstall

Right I can't reinstall, as the software no longer exists and I never saved it, however its all working now. on 17's output I chose two speakers several times to no avail I then tried system defaults/pdif and it crashed windows. I tried it several more times out of desperation each time crashing w10 but then it worked and I now have digital audio to my dac amp and speakers. What a bloody palava. Lets see how long it lasts.