Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video Enhancements → Not Available !!
metagondria [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 05, 2023 16:55 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Iam currious any one has noticed ... But, and this problem might be due to an windows 11 update recently, not sure.

But to put briefly , it seems Video enhancements are NOT available when opening / reading from bluray / disc → folder Structure..

Yes you read it right, opening the m2ts media files sepperately in powerdvd enables the Theatre enhancements feature ... !?!

this affects PDVD22 and previous builds of PDVD aswell, hence why i think this might be windows update related !!
...or latest gpu driver..

Weird Science..
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

Iam currious any one has noticed ... But, and this problem might be due to an windows 11 update recently, not sure.

But to put briefly , it seems Video enhancements are NOT available when opening / reading from bluray / disc → folder Structure..

Yes you read it right, opening the m2ts media files sepperately in powerdvd enables the Theatre enhancements feature ... !?!

this affects PDVD22 and previous builds of PDVD aswell, hence why i think this might be windows update related !!
...or latest gpu driver..

Weird Science..

There are many video enhancement options on the truetheater panel, I'm not sure which one you' were not able to enable when you were playing video discs.

But, I'm not surprised that the playback feature sets are different between video discs and video files. Powerdvd acts differently on the playback of video disc and video file for a long time.
metagondria [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 05, 2023 16:55 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]

There are many video enhancement options on the truetheater panel, I'm not sure which one you' were not able to enable when you were playing video discs.

But, I'm not surprised that the playback feature sets are different between video discs and video files. Powerdvd acts differently on the playback of video disc and video file for a long time.

Realy? there aren't "many" enhancements to enable /disable imo!

Furthermore, it doesn't matter.. When i write NOT Available , i do mean TOTALY → Unavailabe, as in not even 1 setting is → Available / working !

Normally , these enhancements settings play just fine with ANY SD / HD content (NOT UHD mind u)..

Also, the media files i play seperately are THE SAME → FULL HD / 1080p type of content i manage to play just fine with enhancements enabled when and ONLY WHEN i choose and pick that media file from the folder ..

NOW (and again please do read me correct), Enhancements are ONLY NOT AVAILABLE (emphasizing) when play those VERY SAME FULLHD media files from an Bluray Folder structure.. I.e → BDMV , the folder you load when you go to Movie → Browse folder in PDVD ..

And that ↑ behaviour NOW HAPPENDS with alllll of my Bluray discs, regardless of the content SD (dvd), HD ready (720p) or Fullhd (1080p) !!!

Now you get it ?

Ffs ... is it so hard to fathom ?

cheers,

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 03. 2023 11:17