Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power DVD 22 audio
Divemonkey [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 07, 2023 11:37 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have had a problem for some time spanning several versions of the software where when I try to play a DVD the audio completely cuts out. Not only the audio for the DVD but all audio on my computer. I can sometimes fix it by changing the settings on my speaker bar, but most of the time I have to restart my computer, then everything is fine. I have updated drivers, the computer runs fine for months at a time but as soon as I try to watch a DVD I lose ALL audio.
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have had a problem for some time spanning several versions of the software where when I try to play a DVD the audio completely cuts out. Not only the audio for the DVD but all audio on my computer. I can sometimes fix it by changing the settings on my speaker bar, but most of the time I have to restart my computer, then everything is fine. I have updated drivers, the computer runs fine for months at a time but as soon as I try to watch a DVD I lose ALL audio.

I consider there is no version changes or updates for powerdvd 22 recently.

As what you've checked, if you updated the driver, the computer runs fine for months.
Does your Windows Update settings check and override your driver automatically at background?

If it is the case, I might suggest you disable certain driver update that included in the Windows Update queue for your audio devices.