Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Updaterd PhotoDirector to the September release. Wont open my project. When I load it says it needs to update my project file. Then it just stops. Never gets past 0%.
anyone else?
I've had this issue for years, off and on, depending on the release of PD. Some releases it breaks, some releases it fixes the issue. From my experience it has nothing to do with drivers or any of that other garbage Cyberlink support always points their finger to.
Looks like it is working again now!
Thanks cool
I hope they update their ticketing system. It is horrible. All you can do is view your request or close it. Cant add to it or anything. Terrible system.
unable to use face tagging. I click "Tag Faces > Auto detect faces in
selected folder"
and it just sits at " new module is available. downloading..."
but nothing downloads. If I click the X to cancel I get "PhotoDirector could no download the necessary module"
i spoke too soon. it now generates the AI image, but never downloads it. Just sits at "importing" and never progresses.
The update released today has resolved the issue.
Thanks for the prompt reply!
after latest update today, the AI Image Generator feature no longer works. I click it but whatever I type or select, the button "Generate Images" never is clickable
If i wait a few minutes a pop up appears about no connection available.
I had this problem forever. Cyberlink never did fix it. From my experience it's a bug within the program. You're on a wild goose hunt to trouleshoot everything else with your operating system. I provided all that crap, dxdiag, etc.. It never fixes anything. I think it's just a way for them to push back on the end users and not actually fix their product. Just my opnion, I know not very helpful. sad face.
Yeah it's kind of weird how photo director does this. Very limiting imo.
If you modify a clip on your timeline with Fix/Enhance, you have the option to "compare in split preview"

I don't see this functionality elsewhere, like after adding an Effect. If I add an effect to a clip and then click the "Effect" button (next to Tools and Fix/Enhance" there's no split preview option.

So is there no way to compare before/after using fx?

It would be nice to apply a Color LUT and be able to compare before/after when trying to choose what fx you want, as an example
The "body effect" fx is nice where you can surround an object, for exmaple, like AUra or Contour. However in videos where there are more than one subject, it will obviously apply the fx to all subjects. Is there a way to select what object in the video you want the effect to apply to (ie, only one person)

If not, is there another way to accomplish the same thing? I looked in Motion Tracker, but the options are limited to text, media clip or effect and the effects are limited to 4 effects.

End goal in this example is a video of soccer where there are 2-3 players but I want to apply an effect to 1 player...an effect similiar to body effect aura 1 or contour 1

Looking for something similar to the "Regional Adjustment Tools" feature in Color Director where you can create a "mask with motion tracking"
Thanks for checking. Must be something on my system then.
Can someone try this and see if it crashes for you as well? If I attempt to add one of the new Body Effects to a clip in the timeline that is 9:16 ratio, PowerDirector crashes immediately after a pop-up that says "Analyzing the video content". PD crashes and takes me to the "Report to Cyberlink Send & Troubleshoot" page.

I've tried creating new project, re-adding the clips to the timeline, etc etc.
It doesn't make sense. Why would you lose favorites by upgrading ? You don't lose anything else like history of projects, your configuration, etc.
and if for some reason this was by design, at least include it in the release notes so users are aware not to use the favorites function because it is not reliable.

My workflow now is to create a folder called favorites and add my items there. Custom folders seem to persist across upgrades. I no longer use the actual favorites "feature"

I really like PD and have been using it for years but the quality control disparity when you compare it to Adobe (Lightroom for example) keeps getting bigger. They should focus on stability and reliability and less on these stupid sticker packs nobody wants.
Support replied. Don't know what to make of it. I think they're just trying to get me to go away by saying this is expected behavior.
if in fact this was by design (which I don't believe) then it should have been in the release notes so we could have saved our favorites into a folder before upgrading.
The actual file, which store the "My Favorites" transitions are stored in a program file. However, as aforementioned, per current program design and due to version differences, PowerDirector does not support bringing the My Favorite tab's data from PowerDirector 20/365 to PowerDirector 21/365.
So support hasn't been able to tell me where exactly thge "My Favorites" is stored (registry? .xml file? nobody knows?)

So I was able to re-add them by finding the files "TitleTemplate.xml" on my hard drive. Viewing the .XML files shows me the ALIAS. Then in PD I go into title, search for the alias, and favorite it again. Then I can rebuild my "My Favorites" tag.
Happens on my system a lot since the update to v21.0.2214.0
Nothing else has changed on my system.
I think it's a buggy release
I primarily use LIghtroom/Photoshop for image editing, but I haven't found anything better than PhotoDirectors "deblur" feature. Anyone else use this? I use this tool often. My workflow ends up being in Lightroom, choosing "Edit copy w/lightroom adjustments" in PHD. Then I run deblur from Guided. Then I do a Save As, and have to rename it because for some reason Cyberlink thinks the .TIFF I loaded is already in use (although it works fine using Adobe products). Then in LR I have to synchronize the folder to see my new file with edits, so I end up with 3 files. The original, the exported .TIFF that I loaded in PHD to run deblur, and the 3rd copy I created using "save as" from PHD. Then I delete the second copy.

Kind of cumbersome, but I haven't figured out a better way to use the deblur function. I guess I could manually load the image in PHD first, run deblur, then take it into Lightroom and run my edits.

Just curious if anyone else uses this tool as much as I do and what your workflow looks like.

Thanks!
Go to: