Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Love deblur
BadWolf [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 10, 2015 09:45 Messages: 126 Offline
[Post New]
I primarily use LIghtroom/Photoshop for image editing, but I haven't found anything better than PhotoDirectors "deblur" feature. Anyone else use this? I use this tool often. My workflow ends up being in Lightroom, choosing "Edit copy w/lightroom adjustments" in PHD. Then I run deblur from Guided. Then I do a Save As, and have to rename it because for some reason Cyberlink thinks the .TIFF I loaded is already in use (although it works fine using Adobe products). Then in LR I have to synchronize the folder to see my new file with edits, so I end up with 3 files. The original, the exported .TIFF that I loaded in PHD to run deblur, and the 3rd copy I created using "save as" from PHD. Then I delete the second copy.

Kind of cumbersome, but I haven't figured out a better way to use the deblur function. I guess I could manually load the image in PHD first, run deblur, then take it into Lightroom and run my edits.

Just curious if anyone else uses this tool as much as I do and what your workflow looks like.

Thanks!
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I primarily use LIghtroom/Photoshop for image editing, but I haven't found anything better than PhotoDirectors "deblur" feature. Anyone else use this? I use this tool often. My workflow ends up being in Lightroom, choosing "Edit copy w/lightroom adjustments" in PHD. Then I run deblur from Guided. Then I do a Save As, and have to rename it because for some reason Cyberlink thinks the .TIFF I loaded is already in use (although it works fine using Adobe products). Then in LR I have to synchronize the folder to see my new file with edits, so I end up with 3 files. The original, the exported .TIFF that I loaded in PHD to run deblur, and the 3rd copy I created using "save as" from PHD. Then I delete the second copy.

Kind of cumbersome, but I haven't figured out a better way to use the deblur function. I guess I could manually load the image in PHD first, run deblur, then take it into Lightroom and run my edits.

Just curious if anyone else uses this tool as much as I do and what your workflow looks like.

Thanks!

I'm not sure why you didn't directly import the original photo into photodirector to adjust colors or use layer editing features on your photos all in photodirector. It could be the fastest way.
If you need to use LR and PS for some reasons, I think you already found the fastest flow to edit the photos between photodirector and adobe LR.