Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I primarily use LIghtroom/Photoshop for image editing, but I haven't found anything better than PhotoDirectors "deblur" feature. Anyone else use this? I use this tool often. My workflow ends up being in Lightroom, choosing "Edit copy w/lightroom adjustments" in PHD. Then I run deblur from Guided. Then I do a Save As, and have to rename it because for some reason Cyberlink thinks the .TIFF I loaded is already in use (although it works fine using Adobe products). Then in LR I have to synchronize the folder to see my new file with edits, so I end up with 3 files. The original, the exported .TIFF that I loaded in PHD to run deblur, and the 3rd copy I created using "save as" from PHD. Then I delete the second copy.

Kind of cumbersome, but I haven't figured out a better way to use the deblur function. I guess I could manually load the image in PHD first, run deblur, then take it into Lightroom and run my edits.

Just curious if anyone else uses this tool as much as I do and what your workflow looks like.

Thanks!
support was able to reproduce it and is taking it to the developers My issue is really with favorites not customized titles so I'm not sure if they're really understanding my issue or just not explaining what they're finding well enough for me to connect the dots.

their reply:
With reference to your query, please be advised that we have reproduced that some of the provided customized titles are not showing in a newer version of PowerDirector 21/365. We have escalated the provided titles to our engineering team for further checking.
Upgraded PowerDirector 365 today as prompted from application manager. Everything was fine but now when I load PowerDirectory, all of "My Favorites" are empty , including fx, transitions, titles, etc.

I checked my hard drive and I still do have folders and files in my \CyberLink\PowerDirector\21.0 folder (MyParticles,MyTitles,MyTrans,etc are all present with folders and files within them)

It is acting like PD365 isn't looking in the right location for my Favorites and is just showing 0 now.
I added a title to My Favorites but it did not add anything to the "MyTitles" folder

Updated to v21.0.2214.0

Same thing happened when it updated to v2213

I did open up a ticket with support.
Oh Adobe with your proprietary shenanigans!

thanks for the info mate!
I know PHD supports TIFF files with layers, but is it for files only created and exported with PhotoDirector? If I export a file with layers as TIFF format from photoshop, for example, and open it in PHD, the layers are gone. Is this normal behavior?
Same here. it happens randomly when I click on something. no rhyme or reason.
also, how do you get your attachments to show up in-line with your message instead of showing as attachments?
Thanks for the info.

I think I may have found the issue. If I have a clip that was edited by ColorDirector, and then I go into Fix/Ehance and make changes there, split preview doesn't seem to work.

This may be by design? I don't see any documention regarding this. The preview does show the changes I made in ColorDirector so I don't know why it wouldn't also show split preview when trying to make additional enhancements outside of colordirector.

Do you think this could be the issue? Or should I just start the weekend early
I'm a bit dissapointed with the latest version. On my system it is less stable. The program often stops responding randomly.
Notice it a lot if I am trying to make a slideshow, or simply navigating the media room. Created a support ticket but they just responded with the usual reboot your computer, update video card, other unhelpful items even though I provided them with plenty of information. I've also generated a .DMP file but not sure how to anaylze it but provided it to support as requested.

Just curious as to if anyone else is seeing hangs.

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Hang
Event ID: 1002
Task Category: Hanging Events
Description:
The program PDR.exe version 21.0.2123.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Windows 11
Nvidia quadro p4000
After last upgrade, when I click on a track in my timeline, goto Fix/Enhance, then select a fix or enhancement.... When I click "Compare in split preview", the preview windows is just black. If I uncheck it, the original video shows. If I pop-out the preview, same issue.

I have 1 source .mp4 file. I have split it into multiple tracks based on content. Some of the tracks, split preview works. On others, I get the black preview screen. Strange.

Anyone else experiencing this behavior?
PD365 is freezing on me when I simply navigate the different folders under fx, titles, etc. When I click on a different folder, such as fx > Color Preset > Downloaded Preset, the program hangs. Program looks OK in task manager, but it is frozen with the spinning circle and non-responsive. Event viewer also has an "application hang" entry.
After updating PowerDirector 365 to the Setepmber 2022 release, the "My Fafvorites" sections in all of my rooms (Titles, transitions, fx, PIP,etc) are empty. Anyone else experience this? Is there a way to get them back?

I found items in my Documents\Cyberlink\PowerDirector\19.0 folder such as "My Mask, MyParticles,MyTitles". Shouldn't they have copied over to the 21.0 folder?
It magically started working again. Don't know what the issue was but it resolved itself I guess.
I think the premium effect button should be removed. The effects are already in your library, you can just click them to download. For example here's some of the effects that are part of the "Decoration Stickers" pack.
same issue. support is a joke, you can't reply to the ticket. Mine was working fine until i applied the latest update.
After the last update of PD365 I no lolnger can connect to the cloud via PD. I can access everything via web browser fine. However if I am in PD and goto account information, or attempt to upload/download to/from cyberlink cloud i get the always not-helpful very-generic "Cyberlink Powerdirector could not connect to the cyberlink cloud server"

Support isn't any help other than generic scripted response. I know it's not my internet connection. Is there some activation information in the registry somewhere I can clear out? What mechanism is PD using to connect to the internet that is different than using a web browser on port 80/443?

Thanks!
When in the effects room, why is it that some FX I can right click on an and insert it on the timeline. Other FX I cant, I can only "apply to all tracks" or drag it on top if a track in the timeline. But I cant place it n the FX timeline.

Just trying to understand the different FX's and why some can be placed on the Effects track whi;e others I can only apply to a video track itself?
I'm sure they will have a patch shortly. They're pretty responsive on issues like this.
Dissapointed they missed this bug before release. It's really a PIA when you have a long video
Nice workaround, appreciate the screenshots as well!
I'm running the latest build of Win11 and PD365 is running like a boss!
Go to: