Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Parameter is incorrect
Nitrousbob [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 02, 2023 13:11 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
What is wrong with PD and downloaded content from shutterstock, or even looking at the download folder.
--------
"long rant on why I didn't like the desktop version because of crashes"
--------

My system needed some fixing of system files by using the mentioned tools

using CMD as administrator I used these to help the afformentioned crashes.

sfc /scannow

dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

followed up by a DXdiag information file.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 18. 2023 13:26

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry to hear that you're having such a lousy experience. Nothing like that should be happening, and it sounds to me like there are some significant underlying issues with your Windows installation.

The first things I'd try are the commands shown in this post. It would also help if you could attach the DxDiag test results as explained in the Read Me Before Posting guide, as they will show the most important technical deatils about your system.
Nitrousbob [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have completed scans and uploaded a DXDiag information file as requested. I will try the program in a little bit again.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DXDiag of system
 Filesize
135 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
87 time(s)
Nitrousbob [Avatar]
[Post New]
I still get a parameter is incorrect upon downloading, i get two errors bot say the same thing, and then I get access to the file in my folder without it crashing completely. I usually check system files but I missed it this time, thanks for reminding me. Im up for digging into the rest of the errors though if you have additional suggestions. I will update my other post to reflect my system deficiencies
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for attaching the DxDiag report. As I suspected, there are problems with other apps and Windows features besides PD, including Windows Update and a Realtek driver (all shown at the end of the report).

Since you have a Dell, you can use the online troubleshooter for your specific laptop here. While you do have the most recent Dell-approved driver for your Radeon GPU, there are several other driver updates available from the Drivers and Downloads page that I think you should install.

Try those steps out and post back with the results.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 18. 2023 13:29

BadWolf [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 10, 2015 09:45 Messages: 126 Offline
[Post New]
I had this problem forever. Cyberlink never did fix it. From my experience it's a bug within the program. You're on a wild goose hunt to trouleshoot everything else with your operating system. I provided all that crap, dxdiag, etc.. It never fixes anything. I think it's just a way for them to push back on the end users and not actually fix their product. Just my opnion, I know not very helpful. sad face.
Nitrousbob [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for attaching the DxDiag report. As I suspected, there are problems with other apps and Windows features besides PD, including Windows Update and a Realtek driver (all shown at the end of the report).

Since you have a Dell, you can use the online troubleshooter for your specific laptop here. While you do have the most recent Dell-approved driver for your Radeon GPU, there are several other driver updates available from the Drivers and Downloads page that I think you should install.

Try those steps out and post back with the results.

My Dell is up to date, There was only a bios update from them and Graphics update I get from nvidia.

Yeah, i feel like the Badwolf also. This is the only program that really doesn't work right. Im not sure on the date on those other problems with apps you saw, reaper can be an intense program full of 3rd party plug ins and my storage issues have been fixed if that was also on that list.

Im not really seeing the bucket fault list being a pointer to an actual problem with PD.. I'll just update the graphics drivers and keep posting if it persists.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I had this problem forever. Cyberlink never did fix it. From my experience it's a bug within the program. You're on a wild goose hunt to trouleshoot everything else with your operating system. I provided all that crap, dxdiag, etc.. It never fixes anything. I think it's just a way for them to push back on the end users and not actually fix their product. Just my opnion, I know not very helpful. sad face.

Couldn't agree more, OS fault a true red herring.

You might try this posts approach on workaround. https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/118483.page#post_box_446544 it appeared to provide a path around "Parameter is Incorrect" in this Shutterstock download for them. If not, wait a month when Shutterstock support is discontinued, that should fix it!

Jeff
Nitrousbob [Avatar]
[Post New]
Its crashing now if the downloaded folder is even displayed, also when you select a sound file it goes into what looks like a rename mode, where the name is highlighted and there it glitches, if you play the video your working on then it crashes immediately with that window displayed.

This was with the files displayed in a list rather than the icons. seems that that part of the window or something is part of the problem, like it doesn't know what to do with that folder or whats in it, im not sure.

This program has flaws

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 23. 2023 14:57

Nitrousbob [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am also having trouble rendering the videos now, it seems to be related to a sped up video, but deleting the audio lets it play without crashing. so maybe something with audio is an issue.