Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Manually make effect similar to Body Effect
BadWolf [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 10, 2015 09:45 Messages: 126 Offline
[Post New]
The "body effect" fx is nice where you can surround an object, for exmaple, like AUra or Contour. However in videos where there are more than one subject, it will obviously apply the fx to all subjects. Is there a way to select what object in the video you want the effect to apply to (ie, only one person)

If not, is there another way to accomplish the same thing? I looked in Motion Tracker, but the options are limited to text, media clip or effect and the effects are limited to 4 effects.

End goal in this example is a video of soccer where there are 2-3 players but I want to apply an effect to 1 player...an effect similiar to body effect aura 1 or contour 1

Looking for something similar to the "Regional Adjustment Tools" feature in Color Director where you can create a "mask with motion tracking"

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 16. 2022 10:15

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I would try placing a second copy of the desired clip on the track below the main clip with a mask applied so that only the desired person is visible.

When you apply the Body Effect to the 2nd clip, it should only be applied to that person and it will be overlaid on top of the original clip. Note that you'll probably have to use keyframes to move the mask on the 2nd clip to keep the effect trained only on that person