Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hey all,

For some reason my Applacation manager cannot download updates for Audio Director, it keeps telling me to check my internet and firewall.

Every app from Cyberlink is fully allowed through my firewall, and my internet is 940.46mbps down/39.95mbps up, and this has been happening for about a week now.

I thought maybe there was an issue with the Cyberlink servers but after a week I would think that would have been noticed.

Any ideas?

I got a suggestion to download the latest Cyberlink App Manager and try installing it over the one I have now, and it worked. Audio Director is now updated.

There must have been an issue that didn't allow my app manager to update? It looked to be back a few versions.
Hey all,

For some reason my Applacation manager cannot download updates for Audio Director, it keeps telling me to check my internet and firewall.

Every app from Cyberlink is fully allowed through my firewall, and my internet is 940.46mbps down/39.95mbps up, and this has been happening for about a week now.

I thought maybe there was an issue with the Cyberlink servers but after a week I would think that would have been noticed.

Any ideas?
Quote Hello,

It's best to contact CyberLink Customer Service about this:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

You can send me your ticket number once submitted, and I will pass it along.

Cheers
PowerDVD Moderator

Will do, it only seems to happen with .iso's, so if I convert them they are fine, but that is so time-consuming and at this moment I have very little time to do it.

I think I ran into a similar problem a few versions ago and I think I contacted support then as well, but I just can't seem to remember what fixed it. I have 360 Studio, I THINK I also need to install a version of Power2Go??

I just can't remember, I'll contact support.

thanks
Bing searching this it seems that this is a Cyberlink driver that creates a virtual DVDRom?

I was watching a DVD .iso and the PC just hard-locked with a BSOD, I have a log file.

Any ideas on how to prevent this from happening?

thanks
Quote This may help. I have 11. Select Music CD>Audio CD. Go Drag n Drop up to about 74 min. of music. I use audio files such as mp3. Put in a CDR. Go to Burning>Burn Disc.

Hey Tom, thanks for the help.

I tried this 3 times, every time all I got was a burned CD with just the project files "for an audio cd" on them, not an actual playable CD.

There has to be some setting I have set wrong, but I'll be darned if I can find it.

I might try reinstalling the app.
Hello all, I have never used P2G to make a music CD before I always used Roxio NXT, but I don't have NXT installed anymore and really may never install it again.

BUT, that's not important.

What I want to do is just make music CD's for my truck, so I select the Music CD choice in the P2G menu, and pick my music, put a cd in the drive and all it does is copy the files to my cd??

How do I make this just a basic "playable" music cd?

I've looked through the settings but I'll be darned if I can figure this one out.

thanks
Quote There used to be two different SR4 versions for sale but now I only see one. Maybe you already saw these, but take a look at this discussion and especially the other discussion I link to in my first post there for some of the differences.

Will do! Thanks, Opto

Looks like I have all the features of the deluxe, so I'm going to consider this good to go.
Quote It might help to see the specific discussions you mentioned as I imagine I wrote some of them.

I don't know what the "best" version of SR4 is, but if the version that gets installed with PD365 has the features you need I wouldn't spend any more time worrying about it.

If you find the 365 version lacking, you can run the standalone SR4 Deluxe installer which will automatically remove the 365 version since only one version can be installed at a time. Please know that you'll have to reinstall the Deluxe SR4 version after every PD365 update, though.

Well, my first impression was just to just wait and see if I needed anything more, I just wish it was made clearer on what it what though, so I don't run into "needing something more" in the middle of a project.

As long as I can record specific apps, have links to my streaming sites I would be good to go, BUT, it would be nice to know what the EXACT differences truly are. I mean it is performance, extra features??

lol, I'm not complaining really, just want to know what it's so difficult for someone from Cyberlink to list a comparison of the features.

Here is one of the threads I ran across, this one really made me wonder:

Screen Recorder 4 with my Sub but doesn't have the "Stream" tab. (cyberlink.com)
Hello everyone,

First off I have scanned the forum for an answer on this but things just are not clear to me yet.

I am reinstalling my 360 sub on my new computer, my old PC died, and I don't want to install unneeded apps if I don't have to, So my question is, is the version of the Director Suite 360 Sub (which is 4.2.9.15396) is this the BEST version of Screen RRedorder 4?

Because I have the Delux version stand alone that I can also use, BUT, the version I got with the sub seems to have all of the streaming tabs and app that I need, BUT, I don't want to find out I am missing something I need after the fact.

The reason I am confused is, that I someone posted that they do NOT have the streaming tabs and a reply was given that the 360 version is NOT equal to the paid version? BUT I do have them?

So what gives?

thanks
Sorry to hear that Glen, you can try this and see if it helps:

"I was able to pass the 96% and finish the installation by going into the windows task manager and killing the other cyberlink and other PowerDVD process running at the same time as the setup."

Its not really an "answer", more of a work around, but it might help.

And YES it still happens even when installing the updates.

Do you have 2 monitors also?

PS: The last time I tried to update it happened again, so I let it sit for about 4 hours (just to see what happens), and it never finished, after I finallly rebooted (to get all my USB devices back) it looked like the update did in fact work, but in windows the install never finished?

It's a strange bug...
Quote Me too RobCom. I see that you have the post marked as Solved, but I don't see a solution.

It happened to you in September and to me and another fellow in this Forum in late December. So that makes at least 3 people and therefore it's less likely to be "pilot error" or caused by some bad Windows config.

I also have reported this to Tech Support a few days ago but have heard nothing back - maybe they're busy over Christmas season?

Sorry to hear that Glen, you can try this and see if it helps:

"I was able to pass the 96% and finish the installation by going into the windows task manager and killing the other cyberlink and other PowerDVD process running at the same time as the setup."

Its not really an "answer", more of a work around., but it might help.

And YES it still happens even when installing the updates.

Do you have 2 monitors also?

PS: The last time I tried to update it happened, so I let it sit for about 4 hours, after finallly rebooting (to get all my USB devices back) it looked like the update did in fact work, but the install never finished?

It's a strange bug...
Quote I still suggest you try reinstall powerdvd in the Windows safe mode:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

If it doesn't work either in the safe mode, contact cyberlink in their support center to get further helps.

I'll try, but the last time I went into safe mode it locked me out of my windows account when I booted back into windows, I don't even remember how I got my profile/account back, I just kep messing with it.

No new application should ever "have" to be installed in safe mode.

I'll just email tech support if it doesn't work. They have got to know about this.
Hey y'all, I must say I have NEVER had anything like this happen before, I uninstalled my old version of PDVD, installed the new PDVD 20 and during the install my second monitor was removed, along with my mouse, then my keyboard and my camera.....and then the stopped installing at 96%???

I had to reset my pc....

What one earth causes this to happen?

It seems after resetting my PC it shows PDVD 20 as installed and it seems to play dvd's and videos, BUT, I don't feel good about this at all!!

I have seen a post about this saying that possibly waiting up to 2 hours? and see what happens? I do NOT boot into safe mode for any reason.

I don't usually complain but, THIS is unacceptable.

is there a patch or somehting or a way to check that it is fully installed??? I am not comfortable with going through this again...

You can directly install the new powerdvd version without uninstalling the previous versions first if your purchased license is not an upgrade but full one.

I remembered that when you launch powerdvd first time after installed, the first launch wizard will ask you if you want to import the library settings that you set in previous powerdvd versions. The library transfer function would work if you didn't select the option to remove your personal settings while you uninstalled the previous powerdvd versions.

And, as far as I can tell, powerdvd 20 cannot play everything. (i.e. 3D video feature has been removed).
I've never heard there are any plugins can effectively enable powerdvd play unsupported files after the plugins installed.

Refer to the product page to see the supported foramts of this version:
https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd-ultra/spec_en_US.html

To play movie discs, it might require additional setup to proceed the DRM playback, but I think the requirement is not "plugin", either.

My previous version and this new one are both upgrade versions so I will have to remove the old version first, thats the main thing I needed to know.

Yeah I don't watch any 3D stuff on my pc, but I do have some .iso's that I used to need something from Power2Go to watch. but I have P2G 13 so that should be good enough if needed.

thanks
1) Is the best procdure to uninstall the older version first, then, installing PowerDVD 20? OR do you install PDVD 20 while the older version is still installed?

2) How do I keep my existing libraries? Is there a way? As I have some custom movie/album covers.

3) do I need ANY other software to make sure PDVD 20 plays everyting? (Power2Go?? any add-ins?)

thanks
Quote There is a faq for your reference:
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=23818&prodId=372&prodVerId=1366&CategoryId=-1&keyword=

Deselect the main option to turn chroma key off, or reconfigure it from scratch.

Chrome key is only for the webcam video area, it won't cover your desktop screen.

Hello QC2.0, thank you for the help.

Actually I tried unchecking the main option and when I re-enabe it it keeps the old settings.

I have also tried several times to use a pricture for a background but it just doesn't work. (<-this doesn't seem to work at all)

It seems to be stuck on the black eyedropper color with no way to clear it but to select another color

I also was mistaken in thinking that this Chroma Key was like Xcam and Chroma-Cam, both of which you can easly remove the background of the video camera. BUT it appears that I need something to use for a green screen, which is ok but I don't have one right now.

I THINK I may have a messed up install as everything elses works fine and I just used it last week, I'll try a uninstall and reinstall and see if that works.

thanks for the info QC2.0
How do I use chroma key to blend in with the game/desktop I'm recording? AND how do I reset it to default?

I tried importing a background but it doesn't show up?

Is there an easy way to just remove the background?

Are there any comprehensive tutorials on using this? I accidently clicked on a background color to remove and now my camera is all messed up when using chroma key, and there appears to be no way to just reset it.

Forgive me but I am totally unfamiliar with how to
use this feature.
Quote Hello RobCom,

Yes, you only ever need to install the most recent patch.

Currently, for example, if you installed the 3215 patch for PhD9 it includes fixes & improvements from previous patches.

PIX

Cool, thank you. I have been keeping all the patches and I need to free up some space.
Quote Hi Rob,

Amazon Prime or Netflix has not been integrated into PowerDVD yet, as far as I know, so this is not possible.

David

Ok thanks
Do I need to keep every single patch or just the latest one?

thanks
Go to: