Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Install stops at 96%? Removes second monitor and several usb devices?
[Post New]
Hey y'all, I must say I have NEVER had anything like this happen before, I uninstalled my old version of PDVD, installed the new PDVD 20 and during the install my second monitor was removed, along with my mouse, then my keyboard and my camera.....and then the stopped installing at 96%???

I had to reset my pc....

What one earth causes this to happen?

It seems after resetting my PC it shows PDVD 20 as installed and it seems to play dvd's and videos, BUT, I don't feel good about this at all!!

I have seen a post about this saying that possibly waiting up to 2 hours? and see what happens? I do NOT boot into safe mode for any reason.

I don't usually complain but, THIS is unacceptable.

is there a patch or somehting or a way to check that it is fully installed??? I am not comfortable with going through this again...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 22. 2020 22:14

ASUS Z690 Apex ; intel 12900k ; 32gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4800 ; ASUS 4080 RTX ; Creative AE-7 ; Windows 11 Pro M.2 Samsung EVO 980 ; Duel LG 4k Monitors ; EVGA Supernova 1300 PSU
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
I still suggest you try reinstall powerdvd in the Windows safe mode:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

If it doesn't work either in the safe mode, contact cyberlink in their support center to get further helps.
[Post New]
Quote I still suggest you try reinstall powerdvd in the Windows safe mode:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

If it doesn't work either in the safe mode, contact cyberlink in their support center to get further helps.

I'll try, but the last time I went into safe mode it locked me out of my windows account when I booted back into windows, I don't even remember how I got my profile/account back, I just kep messing with it.

No new application should ever "have" to be installed in safe mode.

I'll just email tech support if it doesn't work. They have got to know about this.
prignony [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 30, 2020 12:12 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]

I'll try, but the last time I went into safe mode it locked me out of my windows account when I booted back into windows, I don't even remember how I got my profile/account back, I just kep messing with it.

No new application should ever "have" to be installed in safe mode.

I'll just email tech support if it doesn't work. They have got to know about this.

Hey I had the same issue today updating from PowerDVD18 to 20 and also installing the update.
I was able to pass the 96% and finish the installation by going into the windows task manager and killing the other cyberlink and other PowerDVD process running at the same time as the setup.

For the update it was a trickier, the process that was blocking me was the PowerDVD process in the setup.

There is a bug in the setup, it should not be blocked like that.
GlenB [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 20, 2020 21:34 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Me too RobCom. I see that you have the post marked as Solved, but I don't see a solution.

It happened to you in September and to me and another fellow in this Forum in late December. So that makes at least 3 people and therefore it's less likely to be "pilot error" or caused by some bad Windows config.

I also have reported this to Tech Support a few days ago but have heard nothing back - maybe they're busy over Christmas season?
[Post New]
Quote Me too RobCom. I see that you have the post marked as Solved, but I don't see a solution.

It happened to you in September and to me and another fellow in this Forum in late December. So that makes at least 3 people and therefore it's less likely to be "pilot error" or caused by some bad Windows config.

I also have reported this to Tech Support a few days ago but have heard nothing back - maybe they're busy over Christmas season?

Sorry to hear that Glen, you can try this and see if it helps:

"I was able to pass the 96% and finish the installation by going into the windows task manager and killing the other cyberlink and other PowerDVD process running at the same time as the setup."

Its not really an "answer", more of a work around., but it might help.

And YES it still happens even when installing the updates.

Do you have 2 monitors also?

PS: The last time I tried to update it happened, so I let it sit for about 4 hours, after finallly rebooting (to get all my USB devices back) it looked like the update did in fact work, but the install never finished?

It's a strange bug...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 24. 2020 08:03

ASUS Z690 Apex ; intel 12900k ; 32gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4800 ; ASUS 4080 RTX ; Creative AE-7 ; Windows 11 Pro M.2 Samsung EVO 980 ; Duel LG 4k Monitors ; EVGA Supernova 1300 PSU
[Post New]
Sorry to hear that Glen, you can try this and see if it helps:

"I was able to pass the 96% and finish the installation by going into the windows task manager and killing the other cyberlink and other PowerDVD process running at the same time as the setup."

Its not really an "answer", more of a work around, but it might help.

And YES it still happens even when installing the updates.

Do you have 2 monitors also?

PS: The last time I tried to update it happened again, so I let it sit for about 4 hours (just to see what happens), and it never finished, after I finallly rebooted (to get all my USB devices back) it looked like the update did in fact work, but in windows the install never finished?

It's a strange bug...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 24. 2020 08:12

GlenB [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 20, 2020 21:34 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
OK. Got it to work. The details of the solution came from Tech Support and I added to it to explain the further things that I saw. This is a solution, but it is NOT what you would want to see in an installatino program!

Please read the description and solution steps in the attached PDF file.
 Filename
PowerDVD20-fix.pdf
[Disk]
 Description
Here's how to make the install work
 Filesize
479 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
260 time(s)