Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Screen Recorder 4 chroma key question
[Post New]
How do I use chroma key to blend in with the game/desktop I'm recording? AND how do I reset it to default?

I tried importing a background but it doesn't show up?

Is there an easy way to just remove the background?

Are there any comprehensive tutorials on using this? I accidently clicked on a background color to remove and now my camera is all messed up when using chroma key, and there appears to be no way to just reset it.

Forgive me but I am totally unfamiliar with how to
use this feature. ASUS Z690 Apex ; intel 12900k ; 32gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4800 ; ASUS 4080 RTX ; Creative AE-7 ; Windows 11 Pro M.2 Samsung EVO 980 ; Duel LG 4k Monitors ; EVGA Supernova 1300 PSU
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
There is a faq for your reference:
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=23818&prodId=372&prodVerId=1366&CategoryId=-1&keyword=

Deselect the main option to turn chroma key off, or reconfigure it from scratch.

Chrome key is only for the webcam video area, it won't cover your desktop screen.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 21. 2019 22:03

[Post New]
Quote There is a faq for your reference:
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=23818&prodId=372&prodVerId=1366&CategoryId=-1&keyword=

Deselect the main option to turn chroma key off, or reconfigure it from scratch.

Chrome key is only for the webcam video area, it won't cover your desktop screen.

Hello QC2.0, thank you for the help.

Actually I tried unchecking the main option and when I re-enabe it it keeps the old settings.

I have also tried several times to use a pricture for a background but it just doesn't work. (<-this doesn't seem to work at all)

It seems to be stuck on the black eyedropper color with no way to clear it but to select another color

I also was mistaken in thinking that this Chroma Key was like Xcam and Chroma-Cam, both of which you can easly remove the background of the video camera. BUT it appears that I need something to use for a green screen, which is ok but I don't have one right now.

I THINK I may have a messed up install as everything elses works fine and I just used it last week, I'll try a uninstall and reinstall and see if that works.

thanks for the info QC2.0 ASUS Z690 Apex ; intel 12900k ; 32gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4800 ; ASUS 4080 RTX ; Creative AE-7 ; Windows 11 Pro M.2 Samsung EVO 980 ; Duel LG 4k Monitors ; EVGA Supernova 1300 PSU