CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Install stops at 96%? Removes second monitor and several usb devices?
Reply to this topic
[Post New]
Hey y'all, I must say I have NEVER had anything like this happen before, I uninstalled my old version of PDVD, installed the new PDVD 20 and during the install my second monitor was removed, along with my mouse, then my keyboard and my camera.....and then the stopped installing at 96%???

I had to reset my pc....

What one earth causes this to happen?

It seems after resetting my PC it shows PDVD 20 as installed and it seems to play dvd's and videos, BUT, I don't feel good about this at all!!

I have seen a post about this saying that possibly waiting up to 2 hours? and see what happens? I do NOT boot into safe mode for any reason.

I don't usually complain but, THIS is unacceptable.

is there a patch or somehting or a way to check that it is fully installed??? I am not comfortable with going through this again...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 22. 2020 22:14

EVGA Z390 Dark ; i9 9900k ; 32gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 ; EVGA 2080 RTX ; Creative Audigy Rx ; Windows 10 Pro M.2 Samsung EVO 970 ; LG 2560x1080 Ultrawide ; Samsung 1920x1080 (2nd monitor/extended Destop) ; EVGA Supernova 1200 P2 PSU
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Contributor Private Message Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 439 Offline
[Post New]
I still suggest you try reinstall powerdvd in the Windows safe mode:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

If it doesn't work either in the safe mode, contact cyberlink in their support center to get further helps.
[Post New]
Quote I still suggest you try reinstall powerdvd in the Windows safe mode:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

If it doesn't work either in the safe mode, contact cyberlink in their support center to get further helps.

I'll try, but the last time I went into safe mode it locked me out of my windows account when I booted back into windows, I don't even remember how I got my profile/account back, I just kep messing with it.

No new application should ever "have" to be installed in safe mode.

I'll just email tech support if it doesn't work. They have got to know about this.
Reply to this topic