Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Do I need to keep every single patch or just the latest one?

thanks
Does anyone use PDVD18 to watch their Amazon Prime Video?? If so how?

thanks

I think you need to re unstall Essentials VII after the PD 17 installation . It is the same thing last year after the unstallation of PD 15 to PD 16

I wonder, if I uninstall 16, then install 17 upgrade, how do I get the NewBlueFx that are in 16 now back into 17? what would the exact uninstall/reinstall sequence be?

thanks

You know what, I bet you are right.

I don't have much on Facebook that I really want except for photos and I can get those anytime I want, I like to keep my videos on YouTube and then I can post a link to them.

BUT I wonder if there is a privacy setting I can use to allow Cyberlink?

I contact FB and ask them, thanks man.
Quote My experience is, that the installation of PD17 does leave the PD16 installation alone. NO automatic uninstall, and after installation PD17 and PD16 work fine, but not at the same time.
When installing Content Packages, the installer will notice that a pack has already been installed (previous PD version likely), and directs to cancel or uninstall before installation. So far I have not noticed any difference either way.

Warry

Hey, thanks for the reply.My preference is to uninstall the old version first, BUT I know that sometimes with Cyberlink upgrade items you might have to have the old version installed and registered before being able to install the new.

Not sure is that’s the issue here or not.

I’ll give it a try with PD165 installed and see what happens, I NEED to get some videos done for some demonstrations so as long as one version works I’ll be ok.

Thanks man

Should I uninstall the old version first? OR will the installer do that for me?

Thanks
The Youtube backup works fine, I'm logged into my account and am able to se all my videos and all my subscriptions, no problem, BUT after I logged into my Facebook I get nothing.

I can see my account/Friends in the root menu on the left but nothing shows up in the window.

Also adding a video URL does absoulutely nothing.

any ideas?

it should have.

did for me.

as well as every other CL upgrade product I ever bought.

I have no idea why it didn't on this one.
Removing PDVD 17 solved the problem!!

It also reset the virtual_CDROM driver so I could install a new one.

Thanks man for pointing me in the right direction.

I wonder why the PDVD18 "upgrade" didn't remove the old PDVD17 version? Because this could be what caused the issue.

Per the log you posted, I only found that there were errors on the virtual CD-ROM driver.
I may contact support and ask them how to get the driver work or just reset it.

That makes sense because the movie did stay in my vurtual drive even after I had turned it off, as if it was still running.

How do I reset the driver?

Thanks for your help QC

No ideas?

Well I guess I’ll have to try to contact support.

I checked and I have the latest versions of PDVD 18 and Power2Go 11 so I don't know what else to do, it doesn't affect DVD's or other files, YouTube yada yada, BUT .iso's are important to me.

I'll try anything to get this to work I really like PDVD 18.

PS: Should PDVD 18 and 17 be installed at the same??

042918-47390-01.dmp 4/29/2018 9:15:37 PM SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x0000003b 00000000`c0000005 fffff806`41672200 ffffd68b`eddb6700 00000000`00000000 CLVirtualBus02.sys CLVirtualBus02.sys+12200 CyberLink PowerDVD Virtual CDROM Bus Enumerator CyberLink PowerDVD Virtual Device Driver CyberLink 2.0.0.1319 x64 ntoskrnl.exe+175930 C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\042918-47390-01.dmp 8 15 16299 1,061,516 4/29/2018 9:27:04 PM

OK, I got the dump file to open finally with BSV, here is what I have. (let me know if I need to add any other info)

Any BSOD message can be shared? It may indicate the system crashed on which component if you expand the detail of crash.
Take a phone to capture the screen.

There is an error when it BSOD's while it’s saving the dump file but I did not write it down, I will try it again and get it this time. Nothing in the Event Viewer except the Critical notice that the computer rebooted from a bugcheck.

Unfortunately BlueScreenView is not working on this windows 10 install for some reason. My win 10 install has been up since last may 2017, so far I have had no major issues showing any kind of hardware problems at all.

TWO major things I just noticed:

1) I bought an upgrade, yet I notice that PDVD 17 Ultra is still installed? As well as the PDVD 18 Ultra upgrade. Usually any CL upgrades I purchase remove the older versions before installing the newest, but not this time.

2) I’m currently watching the same .iso on PDVD 17 ultra and it is clear that “Video Enhancements” is NOT working on the new PDVD 18 Ultra. However on version 17 (which is still installed) it’s working normally (and noticeably) and not crashing at all.

Any ideas on what may be wrong?

Thanks, and I will try and get that CL error and repot back.
Hey y'all, just "upgraded" to power dvd 18 from 17 and imported my video library/settings, I was just watching an .iso (most of my favorite DVD's are on disk for easy access) and TWICE now it has Blue Screened my computer (100% stable used for multiple things including entertainment) with some kind of CL error.

Anyone else having this issue or somthing similar??
NEVERMIND, I figured it out.

I was messing with the system audio settings to use one of my screen recorders.......

anyways, P.E.B.K.A.C.
How am I missing this setting, I know it has to be here?

I'm watching a movie in a window, TV mode, and everytime I click my web browser my movie gets put underneath...lol

How do I set PDVD 16 to always on top?

thanks
Quote Hi Rob -

HDedit & Barry have given the only two alternatives. There's no way of controlling slideshow timing within PDR's Slideshow module.

Actually, to "emulate" or "replicate" what PDR does with the Normal slideshow template... it's quicker to do it manually!

36 photos in timeline:

1. Select all - click Slideshow - click Normal - Next - Advanced editing = ~23 secs

2. Go to Transitions - select "Apply Random Transition to All" = ~13 secs

... and that's all the Normal template does! Apply random transitions. Doing it manually not only allows the user to dictate timing, but also the transitions used (using favorites).

Cheers - Tony

hey thanks y'all! thank you very much. I think I have enough information now to get this done.

this shoud do it!!
Hey y'all, when using slide show creator, or Photodirector 15 to make a slideshow, how do I slow down the speed of the pictures?

I want to use the "Normal" theme but I dont see any options allowing me to slow down the speed the photos are displayed.

thanks

RC
Quote The live was cool, I like it.

So, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16ssAb_PQvQ is the #8 song you want to convert? It works fine to me on my P2G 10 + Win10.

hummm, well it's got to be somthing I did then. I haven't tried again since the other day when it failed so I will give it another shot.

Maybe I just can't do a whole bunch in a row?

I'll try it again and see what happens.

Thanks SumerJ
Quote Hi Rob,

I think you mean the converting youtube video to mp3 well in P2G 7 but it's not in P2G 8/11, right?

Which youtube video you downloaded? And which resolution? I think I can have a try on my P2G 10.

Howdy sumerJ thanks for the help.

Actually I may not have clear, I was able to extract 7 mp3 audio files from 7 YouTube videos, but I am exclusively using P2G 11 only. The (7) I was referring to was the number of files I was able to convert so far before it just stopped working.

The video I downloaded is 1440x1080, but it is just a photo slideshow not actual video, the audio I wanted to extract is a live performance. It is an MP4 video.

Here is a link to one of the video/audio files if you want to try, maybe you can figure out whats going on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16ssAb_PQvQ

These guys are from my hometown, I actually have every version of this song but this one. lol
Hey y'all, hope evryone is having a Happy New year.

I just got P2G 11 and was converting audio to .mp3 from some YouTube videos I have and for some reason P2G just stopped converting the audio.

I did like 7 and they worked fine, then all of the sudden on #8 it just sits there and does nothing until I click cancel. It starts to create the mp3 but then just stops. I also tried several other vids and ther same thing occurs.

And NO it's not protect content, Youtube does not allow "protect content".

The strange thing is I used VLC to convert the rest of the videos I wanted audio from and it did it without a hitch. So there is nothing wrong with the video files themselves.

Any ideas?

Thanks

This is all it says about converting audio in the users guide.

Converting Audio Files

Use the Audio Converter utility to convert existing audio into one of these audiofile formats: APE*, FLAC*, M4A* (AAC), MP3, WAV, or WMA. You can also outputaudio files with a different quality or extract audio from video clips.

Note: * this feature is not available in some versions of CyberLinkPower2Go.

To convert audio files, do this:

1. In the new task window, select the Media Converter option and then AudioConverter.

2. 2. Click and then select the files you want to convert. Click Open to addthem into the Audio Converter window.

3. 3. Click the button and then select the location where you want to savethe converted audio files.

4. 4. In the Settings section, set the Format and Quality of the converted files fromthe drop-downs.

5. 5. Click Go to convert the audio files and save the files to your computer.

Go to: