Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Clarifications on 360 version of Screen Recorder 4 versions
[Post New]
Hello everyone,

First off I have scanned the forum for an answer on this but things just are not clear to me yet.

I am reinstalling my 360 sub on my new computer, my old PC died, and I don't want to install unneeded apps if I don't have to, So my question is, is the version of the Director Suite 360 Sub (which is 4.2.9.15396) is this the BEST version of Screen RRedorder 4?

Because I have the Delux version stand alone that I can also use, BUT, the version I got with the sub seems to have all of the streaming tabs and app that I need, BUT, I don't want to find out I am missing something I need after the fact.

The reason I am confused is, that I someone posted that they do NOT have the streaming tabs and a reply was given that the 360 version is NOT equal to the paid version? BUT I do have them?

So what gives?

thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 29. 2021 13:31

ASUS Z690 Apex ; intel 12900k ; 32gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4800 ; ASUS 4080 RTX ; Creative AE-7 ; Windows 11 Pro M.2 Samsung EVO 980 ; Duel LG 4k Monitors ; EVGA Supernova 1300 PSU
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It might help to see the specific discussions you mentioned as I imagine I wrote some of them.

I don't know what the "best" version of SR4 is, but if the version that gets installed with PD365 has the features you need I wouldn't spend any more time worrying about it.

If you find the 365 version lacking, you can run the standalone SR4 Deluxe installer which will automatically remove the 365 version since only one version can be installed at a time. Please know that you'll have to reinstall the Deluxe SR4 version after every PD365 update, though.
[Post New]
Quote It might help to see the specific discussions you mentioned as I imagine I wrote some of them.

I don't know what the "best" version of SR4 is, but if the version that gets installed with PD365 has the features you need I wouldn't spend any more time worrying about it.

If you find the 365 version lacking, you can run the standalone SR4 Deluxe installer which will automatically remove the 365 version since only one version can be installed at a time. Please know that you'll have to reinstall the Deluxe SR4 version after every PD365 update, though.

Well, my first impression was just to just wait and see if I needed anything more, I just wish it was made clearer on what it what though, so I don't run into "needing something more" in the middle of a project.

As long as I can record specific apps, have links to my streaming sites I would be good to go, BUT, it would be nice to know what the EXACT differences truly are. I mean it is performance, extra features??

lol, I'm not complaining really, just want to know what it's so difficult for someone from Cyberlink to list a comparison of the features.

Here is one of the threads I ran across, this one really made me wonder:

Screen Recorder 4 with my Sub but doesn't have the "Stream" tab. (cyberlink.com)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 29. 2021 15:20

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There used to be two different SR4 versions for sale but now I only see one. Maybe you already saw these, but take a look at this discussion and especially the other discussion I link to in my first post there for some of the differences.
[Post New]
Quote There used to be two different SR4 versions for sale but now I only see one. Maybe you already saw these, but take a look at this discussion and especially the other discussion I link to in my first post there for some of the differences.

Will do! Thanks, Opto

Looks like I have all the features of the deluxe, so I'm going to consider this good to go.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 29. 2021 15:57

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It might help to see the specific discussions you mentioned as I imagine I wrote some of them.

Hello,

We asked CyberLink and were told that the only difference now between the Screen Recorder 4 SE and Deluxe is the editor is only available with the Deluxe version.

We also learned that it is true there was no comparison FAQ created for Screen Recorder, but there have always been notes (indicated by *) in the help indicating what is only included in the Deluxe version.

FYI, for product trials (Essential versions), what is not included is in the "Download Information" section on the download page.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

We asked CyberLink and were told that the only difference now between the Screen Recorder 4 SE and Deluxe is the editor is only available with the Deluxe version.

That feature difference was highlighted here: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/86181.page#post_box_356974

Quote We also learned that it is true there was no comparison FAQ created for Screen Recorder, but there have always been notes (indicated by *) in the help indicating what is only included in the Deluxe version.

Unfortunately the most recent release of the User Guide, Revision date: 7/9/2020, available for download does not adequately reflect the proper differences (indicated by *). For example, the pic below, among others, depicts a feature indicated only in Deluxe but it's also in the SE version. It does provide features for users to consider might be different.

Jeff
[Thumb - SR_Clicks.PNG]
 Filename
SR_Clicks.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
44 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)