Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Some questions for installing a PowerDVD "upgrade"
[Post New]
1) Is the best procdure to uninstall the older version first, then, installing PowerDVD 20? OR do you install PDVD 20 while the older version is still installed?

2) How do I keep my existing libraries? Is there a way? As I have some custom movie/album covers.

3) do I need ANY other software to make sure PDVD 20 plays everyting? (Power2Go?? any add-ins?)

thanks ASUS Z690 Apex ; intel 12900k ; 32gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4800 ; ASUS 4080 RTX ; Creative AE-7 ; Windows 11 Pro M.2 Samsung EVO 980 ; Duel LG 4k Monitors ; EVGA Supernova 1300 PSU
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Quote 1) Is the best procdure to uninstall the older version first, then, installing PowerDVD 20? OR do you install PDVD 20 while the older version is still installed?

2) How do I keep my existing libraries? Is there a way? As I have some custom movie/album covers.

3) do I need ANY other software to make sure PDVD 20 plays everyting? (Power2Go?? any add-ins?)

thanks

You can directly install the new powerdvd version without uninstalling the previous versions first if your purchased license is not an upgrade but full one.

I remembered that when you launch powerdvd first time after installed, the first launch wizard will ask you if you want to import the library settings that you set in previous powerdvd versions. The library transfer function would work if you didn't select the option to remove your personal settings while you uninstalled the previous powerdvd versions.

And, as far as I can tell, powerdvd 20 cannot play everything. (i.e. 3D video feature has been removed).
I've never heard there are any plugins can effectively enable powerdvd play unsupported files after the plugins installed.

Refer to the product page to see the supported foramts of this version:
https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd-ultra/spec_en_US.html

To play movie discs, it might require additional setup to proceed the DRM playback, but I think the requirement is not "plugin", either.
[Post New]

You can directly install the new powerdvd version without uninstalling the previous versions first if your purchased license is not an upgrade but full one.

I remembered that when you launch powerdvd first time after installed, the first launch wizard will ask you if you want to import the library settings that you set in previous powerdvd versions. The library transfer function would work if you didn't select the option to remove your personal settings while you uninstalled the previous powerdvd versions.

And, as far as I can tell, powerdvd 20 cannot play everything. (i.e. 3D video feature has been removed).
I've never heard there are any plugins can effectively enable powerdvd play unsupported files after the plugins installed.

Refer to the product page to see the supported foramts of this version:
https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd-ultra/spec_en_US.html

To play movie discs, it might require additional setup to proceed the DRM playback, but I think the requirement is not "plugin", either.

My previous version and this new one are both upgrade versions so I will have to remove the old version first, thats the main thing I needed to know.

Yeah I don't watch any 3D stuff on my pc, but I do have some .iso's that I used to need something from Power2Go to watch. but I have P2G 13 so that should be good enough if needed.

thanks
Cho thuê xe máy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 22, 2020 09:29 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Cong ty cho thue xe may van chinh chuyen cung cap dich vu cho thue xe may gia re o ha noi, dia diem cho thue xe may chuyen nghiep nhat tai ha noi