Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

Hello Optodata,

Thanks for your reply.

The logo above shows in PD14. The Intel site does an automatic check for the drives and says this: (cut and paste info).

Your Intel® software is up to date.ComputerAcer Aspire V3-772GOperating SystemMicrosoft Windows 8.1 (64 bits)ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-4702MQ CPU @ 2.20GHzGraphicsNVIDIA GeForce GTX 850MIntel® HD Graphics 4600AudioRealtek High Definition AudioNVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)Networking and I/OBroadcom NetLink ™ Gigabit EthernetCarte réseau Broadcom 802.11nMemory16 GBStorageWDC WD10JPVX-22JC3T0LITEON IT LMT-128L9MSeagate Expansion SCSI Disk Device

I see the drive win64 you mention of May 2019 but it can not even be installed manually ... I presume the laptop is too old? The drive does not fill the "exception" list neither. In fact, I downloaded the drive last week already and thought I installed it. It was not the case.

The CD4 issue remains then. So, I downloaded the CD7 trial version and there all the same footage as in the YT video yesterday show fine now. What can be concluded: problem with CD4, possibly accidentally a missing piece of soft? But what then with PD14 showing the same "saturation" colors in the preview window and not in the timeline? Camera? I will prepare the same footage as of the YT example and provide it online for you to test. Will arrange that Friday latest. But notice also that PD14 and CD6 are also installed on a desktop and do well with the same footage.

As explained in previous message, other edit software on this laptop and desktops show NO saturations at all. How to explain that?... Maneuvers in the dark? The Martians hacked my laptop and are invading CL? Who knows? :

Let us know what you think?

Thanks for your time so far.

Alain II

PS. I write to CL-support for explanations.
Can you point a link to the drive on the Intel site so that I have a confirmation we are talking about the same win64 drive?

Not a big deal if CD4 wouldn't work anymore. The laptop is not fast enough to do serious editing and graphical work together
but the soft is handy to have to check RAW footage and do some corrections on the fly at the side.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all,

Update:

Since all is back to normal after downloading the CD7 trial I suspect that I have erased some snippets of the PD14 and/or CD4 software to save some space on the C-drive of this laptop. The drive is only 125GB which is very small nowadays.

CL-support agreed to have me download PD14 and CD4 from their site and reinstall.
Hope that will make an end to the issue.

Thanks.

Alain II
Quote Even if this isn' the cause of the display issue, you should definitely update the driver for your Intel GPU, as the current Win8.1 version for your chip was released in May 2019, and the driver you have installed came out in 2013!

The best way to tell which GPU CD is using is to look at the version screen. For CD4, either the Intel logo will be there or it won't be, which would mean it's using your GTX 850M:

PD will show either the Intel logo or one for nVidia.

If the problem is still there after updating the Intel driver, I'd like to get a sample clip or 2 from your camera to see if there might be an issue between CD4 and that specific camera. Just upload the clip(s) to a cloud folder and paste the link here.

And yes, you can also try the trial version of CD7.

Hello Optodata,

Thanks for your reply.

The logo above shows in PD14. The Intel site does an automatic check for the drives and says this: (cut and paste info).

Your Intel® software is up to date.ComputerAcer Aspire V3-772GOperating SystemMicrosoft Windows 8.1 (64 bits)ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-4702MQ CPU @ 2.20GHzGraphicsNVIDIA GeForce GTX 850MIntel® HD Graphics 4600AudioRealtek High Definition AudioNVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)Networking and I/OBroadcom NetLink ™ Gigabit EthernetCarte réseau Broadcom 802.11nMemory16 GBStorageWDC WD10JPVX-22JC3T0LITEON IT LMT-128L9MSeagate Expansion SCSI Disk Device

I see the drive win64 you mention of May 2019 but it can not even be installed manually ... I presume the laptop is too old? The drive does not fill the "exception" list neither. In fact, I downloaded the drive last week already and thought I installed it. It was not the case.

The CD4 issue remains then. So, I downloaded the CD7 trial version and there all the same footage as in the YT video yesterday show fine now. What can be concluded: problem with CD4, possibly accidentally a missing piece of soft? But what then with PD14 showing the same "saturation" colors in the preview window and not in the timeline? Camera? I will prepare the same footage as of the YT example and provide it online for you to test. Will arrange that Friday latest. But notice also that PD14 and CD6 are also installed on a desktop and do well with the same footage.

As explained in previous message, other edit software on this laptop and desktops show NO saturations at all. How to explain that?... Maneuvers in the dark? The Martians hacked my laptop and are invading CL? Who knows? :

Let us know what you think?

Thanks for your time so far.

Alain II

PS. I write to CL-support for explanations.
Can you point a link to the drive on the Intel site so that I have a confirmation we are talking about the same win64 drive?

Not a big deal if CD4 wouldn't work anymore. The laptop is not fast enough to do serious editing and graphical work together
but the soft is handy to have to check RAW footage and do some corrections on the fly at the side.
Quote OP in the linked thread didn't post back as to whether Support was able to help him or not, so another thing you can do is to contact Support and reference this thread in your problem description.

You will need to provide them with the same items I requested, so maybe plan to do that after you've had time to gather everything and post it here.

Hello,

Here's the link to the YT screen recording of the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-R58CQlOAE

The dxdiag hereunder.

I wonder is the Intel driver is not the problem?

I appreciate your expertise.

Thanks.

Alain II

PS. What I also can do is download the CD7 trial version from CL and see if the color issues are still there?

I reinstalled CD4 but no fix.
Quote Please follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting sticky thread and attach the DxDiag results along with the full version number of CD4.

It would also be very helpful if you could share a short clip from your AX700. Upload it to a cloud folder on DropBox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc. and paste the link to it here.

Hello Optodata,

Thanks for your reply.

I will arrange all this later this week and forward a link to YT where I put some test videos. In the meantime, I have read here a similar thread of December 2018 by Pauly G :

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77763.page

Thanks.

Alain II
Hello all,

I use CD 4 with PD14 on an Acer V3 laptop for a while. Just this week I needed to do some small editing and color corrections on the fly and following problems arise:

the Sony AX700 camera footage is fine (checked and compared with other cams)

the imported footage in PD14 looks saturated when I click on individual footage seen in the preview window. Red is rather orange.
Yellow is rather green of the green screen color.

when that same footage is put in the timeline, the footage looks then OK in the preview window. When I send that same footage to CD4 through PD14 or import it directly into CD4 colors look again extremely saturated and unusable. Changing parameters does not help.

I updated the Nvidia driver two days ago but no use.

On that same laptop Filmora 9 and Lightworks are also installed and I have NO problems.

On my desktops (Windows 7 and 10) PD14 -and- CD6 have NO problems (everything as usual).

I have not yet contacted the CL support.

What can be the problem?

I appreciate your input.

Thanks.

Alan ;-(

Thank you my friend. I'll have to try that out when I get AudioDirector 8 (money's a little tight right now). But I'll definitely get the AudioDirector 8 program and try the VST effects. Thanks! wink

Hi Simon,

The repeated "Vogue" at the end of the Madonna song could be an "echo chamber" effect that you can reproduce with Audacity free soft.

Have a try.

Alain II
Quote Thanks for posting this. I want to play the audio file first before deciding to download it. The player in the browser keep saying invalid source. Download opens thw WMP on my pc so you can listen and save it if you want to.

Hello,

Are you sure you use the latest browser? Works here fine with Chrome, Firefox. Did not try MS yet.

Alain II
Hello all,

I understand that the famous BBC in the UK is releasing a sound effects database available for all except commercial purposes.

You find the link here: http://bbcsfx.acropolis.org.uk/

Enjoy!

Alain II
Quote Hello,

what program do you use to create modern titles like this:

Im thinking about to buy this title pack because in Powerdirector you cant make something like this.

The Powerdirector title designer is very weak to make a modern title. Also the titles which you cant download on directorzone are looking like 10 years old.

May Cyberlink spend more time in the next version of Powerdirector to improve the title designer. In this version the designer is useless.

Regards, Bart!

Hello,

Have you tried New Blue 4, 5 +. The basic New Blue titler 1+ is "cheesy" to say the least... .

Alain II
Quote Can anyone help me do what is done in this video that I have linked below. It seem pretty amazing so if anyone could work with me and help achieve this effect I would honestly really appreciate it.

No link attached, Steven

I'm sorry. I know this is premier but I'd like to do this in Power Director. Again if anyian is will to show me and work on this with me I'd really appreciate it, honestly..

Hello,

To achieve this effects you will need ColorDirector and use the "selection" masks as Premiere shows. It's impossible to make with PD alone.

Alain II

I have the suite so I have Color director. Are you willing to try it with me?

Hello Steven,

Have you read this already: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/65567.page (in ColorDirector)?

Can you show us the footage you wish to use?

Alain II
Quote Can anyone help me do what is done in this video that I have linked below. It seem pretty amazing so if anyone could work with me and help achieve this effect I would honestly really appreciate it.

No link attached, Steven

I'm sorry. I know this is premier but I'd like to do this in Power Director. Again if anyian is will to show me and work on this with me I'd really appreciate it, honestly..

Hello,

To achieve this effects you will need ColorDirector and use the "selection" masks as Premiere shows. It's impossible to make with PD alone.

Alain II
Quote You have a mask in ColorDirector. But not in PowerDirector. To get a mask in ColorDirector, you need something, that can be "chroma keyed". To achieve that:
Go to ColorDirector. For the created mask:

1. Exposure to lowest value (-4.00)

2. Brightness to lowest value (-100)

3. Contrast to highest Value (+100)

4. Clarity to lowest value (-100)

5. Lightness: All colors to lowest value (-100)

Now, your masked area appears completely black. It is not! But the colors are so near by black, that you should not see the difference.

Select "Color Replacement" and select with the pipette the black color of your mask. Choose a color, that is not in the clip as the replacement color. Usually it is green (for greenscreen) or blue (for bluescreen).
Your mask should appear in that solid color now. It is not the choosen color (because it is not really black), but it is solid.

Go back to PowerDirector (or produce the clip in ColorDirector and import it to PowerDirector)
In PowerDirector:

1. Add the clip to the timeline on a higher track than the video clip, that shall be shown after the transition.

2. For the masked clip goto PiP-Designer, choose "Chroma Key" and select with the pipette the solid color of your masked clip.

Voila!

Hatti

Hello Terry and Hatti,

Exactly as Hatti explains here. I feared yesterday already that the masks would not be "worked out". As for Premiere and all other editors or compositing software, the procedure is nearly the same to get a "transparency".

We have not seen the footage and just some pictures but according to what I see and can judge, that effect would work more effectively with a subject passing through from one side to the other quite fast. So, compositing the scene. But again, difficult to judge here.

Voilà, voilà : Bien fait Hatti (well done H.). :

Alain II

PS. I prefer to save the masks in CDR6 through the production procedure in a file for further usage than to send back to PD but that a question of personal choice. Although it's handy to be able to send back and forward between the two progs for further "calibration".
Quote I have a clip where the scene has a pole in it which reaches completly from the bottom of the screen to the top of it and I'm shooting video as I pass by this pole. What I want to do is to have the scene behind the pole to be totally different than the scene in front of the pole. It's to be used as a transition. In Premiere Pro, which I used to use, it is called a walkby transition. I'm still new to Power Director Suite 6, after using Premiere Pro since 2003. Most things are relatively similar, but some are not.

Here are the steps I've taken so far.

I trimmed a clip and took it into the timeline of Power Director. I selected it, and clicked on Fix/Enhance, then clicked on color Director at the top of the screen. I used the selection mask tool to mask out the portion where I want the new scene to appear, in each of the frames of the clip where the pole appears. This was done until the pole is no longer appearing.

So, I now have all of these masks created on this clip, but I don't know what I'm supposed to do from this point. I know I have to eventually hit the "back" button to go back into Power Director, but is there something else which needs to be done before I do that? And,then what is my next step?

Hello Terry,

"I now have all of these masks created on this clip" so each image has the mask? Then safe the clip in "production" to the codex you need. Then import that clip into PD and set it in the timeline to continue in the PIP and chroma key effect needed to see the other clip coming in.

If it does not happen, send .jpg of your timeline in the thread but I will not be able to answer until Sunday.

Success.

Alain II
Quote I don't know what it is called in Power Director. I just came over from Premiere Pro, and I'm attempting to do a transition in this new Power Director environment, as I've done in Premiere Pro, and over there we called it a "Walk by." The basic idea is you take some video in which someone walks by in front of your camera from either right to left or left to right. In front of the person is the scene they are walking in. Behind the person is a totally new scene alltogether. Obviously it is done with masks, and I know how to do that in Adobe, but not using Director Suite 6.

I've been looking for a tutorial on how to do it, but I'm not having much luck. Maybe if I knew what Power Director calls this type of transition I'd have better luck. Is anyone able to help?

Hello,

The "walk by" transition like this one in Premiere can be done with CDR. You will use the "selection mask" instead of the "motion mask" unless the subject/object used to do the transition is having a very good clear contour. With the selection mask, as you know from Premiere, the beziers dots play the role and each image selection mask will need to be calibrated just like in this example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6r6UX5gWsw of Premiere. But ColorDirector is essential and filming on a tripod gets the best results.

Success.

Alain II
Quote Hi Dekade -

I'm not sure about a table of contents, but I was helping a uni student with something similar recently. She was wanting to put chapter markers (not a table of contents) in a video presentation.

In tracking down how to do that, I came across this tutorial. Maybe it'll meet your needs.

In PDR, without using Create Disc, that can't be done (to my knowledge).

Cheers - Tony

Hello Tony,

Interesting program! Will that work with another codex?

Alain II
Quote Hello Paolo,

For particles, you have this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GomOqZbgYNw

Best is that you make your own particles in the part. room using a graphical soft such as Paint.net, Paint Shop, etc. or download them from CL's DirectorZone

If more questions, come back here.

Succes!

Alain II

Hi Alain II, Thanks for the reply. I have already gone through these tutorials, but these are basics. I was looking for a more in depth description of each individual setting in a particle.
I'm making a complex video showing the various stages of a Space Shuttle launch and orbit. When I create the Robotic Arm (3 pieces), which move individually, I find that correcting a setting on one arm, causes the other arm' setting to go out of sync. It could be that my PC is not fast enough.
I use Paint Shop Pro to make my graphics, but this does not seem to be the problem. I already have problems with the particles' design. It seems that if a build a particle (say 30 seconds duration) and save it, it displays with everthing out od sync, as it only save it as a 10 seconds particle. When I drag it to the timeline, the correct time displays. This means I cannot upload some particles to DZ.

Thank You for your reply. I would appreciate if you have any solutions for the above.

Ciao, Paolo

Hello Paolo,

I get back to you on these questions ASAP. Note that there's no more in-depth info available. I try to make a video explaining soon.

The best thing to do is to create a PNG image of say a ball and try all the parameters one by one. Never forget to bring the scrubber in the timeline of the particle room back to the left by always pressing the stop button before you can play with the different settings in the left column. Start with the "maximum count" and set it to just that one subject and try the other parameters one by one. In the timeline, the length is 10 secs (to work with). Once you have made a particle and saved it, import to the PD timeline (whatever track you wish) and trim or expand to whatever length you wish as for effects. Best is to try a transition effect between 2 cuts. The ball coming in from left up to down right between 2 scenes, for example.

Success!

Alain II

Something like this, for example : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FkCd1q7fUo
Hello Paolo,

For particles, you have this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GomOqZbgYNw

Best is that you make your own particles in the part. room using a graphical soft such as Paint.net, Paint Shop, etc. or download them from CL's DirectorZone

If more questions, come back here.

Succes!

Alain II
Quote Hello Alain II,

I agree with you about the motion tracking masks. In a similar way to how the tracker can become "lost" in PDR's Motion Tracker, CDR's mask does too. If the background is simple & there's strong contrast, they do well, but with more complex scenes or muted, non-contrasting colours they can easily fail.

So, yes, I deleiberately chose a simple clip to show the motion mask example.

As far as I can see, the other masks (selection, gradient & radial) work as intended in CDR.

In your posted example, a more accurate result would be achieved with Selection Masks by splitting the clip, as I did in the falling money bundles clip. It's unclear to me what you mean in your question: "can you show the colored Dollars pack from image one coming in the picture to the end?"

PIX

Hello Pix,

"A more accurate result would be achieved with Selection Masks by splitting the clip": do you mean splitting the 29 images to 29 files or a quantity of files of say 29 of X groups ?

For the US Dollars pack can you color each image from the entry into the video to when the pack falls on the ground/table where you started to color. That way you see that the movements are really tough to get. That's what I had in mind to do with the US Dollar banknote in front of the lady's face in my video. Color the 29 images of that nearly one second in one group (as I did) or make 29 images in several groups or make 29 files of one image. I will try that tomorrow and come back on this.

Thanks anyway for the time spent. It's much appreciated.

Alain II :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all,

Received an answer from the technical support of CL as hereunder. Did the necessary and actually testing. First tests seem convincing for the "selection mask". The "motion mask" remains a problem.

If one uses the selection mask to get an accurate result please note that the job is time-consuming since each image needs "calibration". Enjoy anyway.

Alain II

With reference to your query, please try one or more of the following solutions to further isolate your concern:

1. Ensure your CyberLink ColorDirector is up-to-date. You can check for software updates here: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_en_US.html

2. Check the minimum system requirements. Make sure your system meets the minimum requirements for the software. You may check the minimum requirements here: https://www.cyberlink.com/products/colordirector/spec_en_US.html?affid=2581_1302_540

3. Update graphics card driver to the latest. You can download the latest driver from the AMD or NVIDIA or Intel’s website listed below. If you have any problem installing graphics card drivers, please contact your computer manufacturer or the manufacturer of the display and sound cards for the latest drivers.
AMD: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
NVIDIA: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
Intel: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

4. Check whether the installed drive has enough space on it. This is because a large amount of memory space is required for buffering.

5. Make sure you are logged in as an Administrator. If you lack administrator access privileges, the CyberLink application might be unable to access the necessary files it needs.
Quote Hello Alain II,

Yes, sorry, I didn't read your first post properly.

Without launching into the "the color used in "color replacement" is not what I chose: AF597FO" issue (yet), the basic problem is that Selection Masks are not the appropriate tool when there's even the slightest movement in the masked area.

Please see in these examples:

PIX

Hello Pix,

Thanks for this reply and the demo.

I understand the usage of the masks but unfortunately, the masks are very limited in CDR up till version 6 and I had hoped, like many others, that there was an improvement (announced!) in the "rotoscoping "minded" styles" which is again not the case in the last version. The demo you made handles simple examples but when the camera moves even a little, the systems fail. Only static views work and/or under conditions of extremely clear and clean images well defined with a strong background and full light but once dark(er) elusive images like in my video example, nor the motion tracking neither the selection mask with beziers are very useful. Some other FREE editing soft does MUCH better.... Try real rotoscoping with CDR6 on moving scenes (subject and background): Impossible. A pity.
This was discussed in previous threads already.

If only CL would really work on that... now I have to use that FREE extremely good soft back and forward if I need to.

Cheers.

Alain II

PS. The example of the falling Dollars pack: can you show the colored Dollars pack from image one coming in the picture to the end?
Quote Hello Alain II,

Could I ask, please, which steps you took in CDR?

Did you apply a Selection Mask to part of the image, as shown in the attached screenshot? If that's the case, it may explain the issue.

A Motion Tracking Mask would probably better give you the result you're after, if I understand correctly.

PIX

Hello Pix,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes, as I wrote "the feasibility of a selection mask with Bezier's dots". So, the regional selection mask with beziers dots was used. I preferred that mask to the motion mask because the footage was only 29 images long. Less than one second. Notice that I downloaded that video from YT as some kind of exercise and remade (re-edited) a clip. To avoid a too long part in CDR6 I cut that small footage to 29 images but since the images were treated already, the quality of the images is quite vague and contours are quite "elusive" which would probably not give a good result with "motion mask" although there's "some" movement in the scene (I did not try but will later today).

What is strange, is that when I finished the mask sending the footage back to the PD14 timeline, it worked well including hue, lightness, tint, etc. to show the US$ note details (see first part of the video). When I produced in CDR 6 and imported afterward to PDR14 I got that other result in part 2 of the video. That annoying shift. Also, the color used in "color replacement" is not what I chose: AF597FO . The shown color is much darker... .

Every additional advice more than welcome.

Best.

Alain II

PS. I have tried the motion tracking mask on that part but the result is "terrible".
Go to: