Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
ColorDirector 4 issue
Alain II [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 20, 2015 01:34 Messages: 136 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all,

I use CD 4 with PD14 on an Acer V3 laptop for a while. Just this week I needed to do some small editing and color corrections on the fly and following problems arise:

the Sony AX700 camera footage is fine (checked and compared with other cams)

the imported footage in PD14 looks saturated when I click on individual footage seen in the preview window. Red is rather orange.
Yellow is rather green of the green screen color.

when that same footage is put in the timeline, the footage looks then OK in the preview window. When I send that same footage to CD4 through PD14 or import it directly into CD4 colors look again extremely saturated and unusable. Changing parameters does not help.

I updated the Nvidia driver two days ago but no use.

On that same laptop Filmora 9 and Lightworks are also installed and I have NO problems.

On my desktops (Windows 7 and 10) PD14 -and- CD6 have NO problems (everything as usual).

I have not yet contacted the CL support.

What can be the problem?

I appreciate your input.

Thanks.

Alan ;-(
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Please follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting sticky thread and attach the DxDiag results along with the full version number of CD4.

It would also be very helpful if you could share a short clip from your AX700. Upload it to a cloud folder on DropBox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc. and paste the link to it here.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Alain II [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Please follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting sticky thread and attach the DxDiag results along with the full version number of CD4.

It would also be very helpful if you could share a short clip from your AX700. Upload it to a cloud folder on DropBox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc. and paste the link to it here.

Hello Optodata,

Thanks for your reply.

I will arrange all this later this week and forward a link to YT where I put some test videos. In the meantime, I have read here a similar thread of December 2018 by Pauly G :

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77763.page

Thanks.

Alain II
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
OP in the linked thread didn't post back as to whether Support was able to help him or not, so another thing you can do is to contact Support and reference this thread in your problem description.

You will need to provide them with the same items I requested, so maybe plan to do that after you've had time to gather everything and post it here.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Alain II [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote OP in the linked thread didn't post back as to whether Support was able to help him or not, so another thing you can do is to contact Support and reference this thread in your problem description.

You will need to provide them with the same items I requested, so maybe plan to do that after you've had time to gather everything and post it here.

Hello,

Here's the link to the YT screen recording of the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-R58CQlOAE

The dxdiag hereunder.

I wonder is the Intel driver is not the problem?

I appreciate your expertise.

Thanks.

Alain II

PS. What I also can do is download the CD7 trial version from CL and see if the color issues are still there?

I reinstalled CD4 but no fix.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
94 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
533 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 12. 2019 12:16

optodata
[Post New]
Even if this isn' the cause of the display issue, you should definitely update the driver for your Intel GPU, as the current Win8.1 version for your chip was released in May 2019, and the driver you have installed came out in 2013!

The best way to tell which GPU CD is using is to look at the version screen. For CD4, either the Intel logo will be there or it won't be, which would mean it's using your GTX 850M:

PD will show either the Intel logo or one for nVidia.

If the problem is still there after updating the Intel driver, I'd like to get a sample clip or 2 from your camera to see if there might be an issue between CD4 and that specific camera. Just upload the clip(s) to a cloud folder and paste the link here.

And yes, you can also try the trial version of CD7.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 12. 2019 14:19

YouTube/optodata

Alain II [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Even if this isn' the cause of the display issue, you should definitely update the driver for your Intel GPU, as the current Win8.1 version for your chip was released in May 2019, and the driver you have installed came out in 2013!

The best way to tell which GPU CD is using is to look at the version screen. For CD4, either the Intel logo will be there or it won't be, which would mean it's using your GTX 850M:

PD will show either the Intel logo or one for nVidia.

If the problem is still there after updating the Intel driver, I'd like to get a sample clip or 2 from your camera to see if there might be an issue between CD4 and that specific camera. Just upload the clip(s) to a cloud folder and paste the link here.

And yes, you can also try the trial version of CD7.

Hello Optodata,

Thanks for your reply.

The logo above shows in PD14. The Intel site does an automatic check for the drives and says this: (cut and paste info).

Your Intel® software is up to date.ComputerAcer Aspire V3-772GOperating SystemMicrosoft Windows 8.1 (64 bits)ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-4702MQ CPU @ 2.20GHzGraphicsNVIDIA GeForce GTX 850MIntel® HD Graphics 4600AudioRealtek High Definition AudioNVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)Networking and I/OBroadcom NetLink ™ Gigabit EthernetCarte réseau Broadcom 802.11nMemory16 GBStorageWDC WD10JPVX-22JC3T0LITEON IT LMT-128L9MSeagate Expansion SCSI Disk Device

I see the drive win64 you mention of May 2019 but it can not even be installed manually ... I presume the laptop is too old? The drive does not fill the "exception" list neither. In fact, I downloaded the drive last week already and thought I installed it. It was not the case.

The CD4 issue remains then. So, I downloaded the CD7 trial version and there all the same footage as in the YT video yesterday show fine now. What can be concluded: problem with CD4, possibly accidentally a missing piece of soft? But what then with PD14 showing the same "saturation" colors in the preview window and not in the timeline? Camera? I will prepare the same footage as of the YT example and provide it online for you to test. Will arrange that Friday latest. But notice also that PD14 and CD6 are also installed on a desktop and do well with the same footage.

As explained in previous message, other edit software on this laptop and desktops show NO saturations at all. How to explain that?... Maneuvers in the dark? The Martians hacked my laptop and are invading CL? Who knows? :

Let us know what you think?

Thanks for your time so far.

Alain II

PS. I write to CL-support for explanations.
Can you point a link to the drive on the Intel site so that I have a confirmation we are talking about the same win64 drive?

Not a big deal if CD4 wouldn't work anymore. The laptop is not fast enough to do serious editing and graphical work together
but the soft is handy to have to check RAW footage and do some corrections on the fly at the side.
Alain II [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hello Optodata,

Thanks for your reply.

The logo above shows in PD14. The Intel site does an automatic check for the drives and says this: (cut and paste info).

Your Intel® software is up to date.ComputerAcer Aspire V3-772GOperating SystemMicrosoft Windows 8.1 (64 bits)ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-4702MQ CPU @ 2.20GHzGraphicsNVIDIA GeForce GTX 850MIntel® HD Graphics 4600AudioRealtek High Definition AudioNVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)Networking and I/OBroadcom NetLink ™ Gigabit EthernetCarte réseau Broadcom 802.11nMemory16 GBStorageWDC WD10JPVX-22JC3T0LITEON IT LMT-128L9MSeagate Expansion SCSI Disk Device

I see the drive win64 you mention of May 2019 but it can not even be installed manually ... I presume the laptop is too old? The drive does not fill the "exception" list neither. In fact, I downloaded the drive last week already and thought I installed it. It was not the case.

The CD4 issue remains then. So, I downloaded the CD7 trial version and there all the same footage as in the YT video yesterday show fine now. What can be concluded: problem with CD4, possibly accidentally a missing piece of soft? But what then with PD14 showing the same "saturation" colors in the preview window and not in the timeline? Camera? I will prepare the same footage as of the YT example and provide it online for you to test. Will arrange that Friday latest. But notice also that PD14 and CD6 are also installed on a desktop and do well with the same footage.

As explained in previous message, other edit software on this laptop and desktops show NO saturations at all. How to explain that?... Maneuvers in the dark? The Martians hacked my laptop and are invading CL? Who knows? :

Let us know what you think?

Thanks for your time so far.

Alain II

PS. I write to CL-support for explanations.
Can you point a link to the drive on the Intel site so that I have a confirmation we are talking about the same win64 drive?

Not a big deal if CD4 wouldn't work anymore. The laptop is not fast enough to do serious editing and graphical work together
but the soft is handy to have to check RAW footage and do some corrections on the fly at the side.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all,

Update:

Since all is back to normal after downloading the CD7 trial I suspect that I have erased some snippets of the PD14 and/or CD4 software to save some space on the C-drive of this laptop. The drive is only 125GB which is very small nowadays.

CL-support agreed to have me download PD14 and CD4 from their site and reinstall.
Hope that will make an end to the issue.

Thanks.

Alain II