Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hello Alain II,

Could I ask, please, which steps you took in CDR?

Did you apply a Selection Mask to part of the image, as shown in the attached screenshot? If that's the case, it may explain the issue.

A Motion Tracking Mask would probably better give you the result you're after, if I understand correctly.

PIX

Hello Pix,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes, as I wrote "the feasibility of a selection mask with Bezier's dots". So, the regional selection mask with beziers dots was used. I preferred that mask to the motion mask because the footage was only 29 images long. Less than one second. Notice that I downloaded that video from YT as some kind of exercise and remade (re-edited) a clip. To avoid a too long part in CDR6 I cut that small footage to 29 images but since the images were treated already, the quality of the images is quite vague and contours are quite "elusive" which would probably not give a good result with "motion mask" although there's "some" movement in the scene (I did not try but will later today).

What is strange, is that when I finished the mask sending the footage back to the PD14 timeline, it worked well including hue, lightness, tint, etc. to show the US$ note details (see first part of the video). When I produced in CDR 6 and imported afterward to PDR14 I got that other result in part 2 of the video. That annoying shift. Also, the color used in "color replacement" is not what I chose: AF597FO . The shown color is much darker... .

Every additional advice more than welcome.

Best.

Alain II

PS. I have tried the motion tracking mask on that part but the result is "terrible".
Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPNTC7uZYrI

Alain II
Hello all,

I was testing CD6 a little and intended to add color to a B&W little footage to check the feasibility of a selection mask with Beziers dots.

When sending the footage back to the PD14 timeline the colored selection looks OK but when rendering as a MPG4 or MT2s H264 that selection is not good anymore is shifted from the original like what I have put at YT hereunder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkPCeMyUQ3g

The footage is 29 frames long X 6 times to show well. The first footage shows before rendering and the next after rendering.

Anyone an explanation and solution? I wrote to the technical support of CL and await further news.

Thanks in advance.

Alain II
Quote This is more of an annoyance and a complaint against Cyberlink. PD16 keeps crashing on a complex video of mine this past week. Now, the file will not load past 6%. Every time when I try to load my video, it starts loading, but not past 6% and it crashes PD16. I tried loading smaller, less complex videos, it loads just fine without issue. The video I've been working on will not allow me to even open the video up so I can take whatever that's causing the issue out.... again, will no longer load and crashes the software. I'm all done with PD16.

Moving on to another video-editing program. This is not the software for complex videos. Basically, Cyberlink PD16 is pretty wrapping paper on a crappy present. Or as Steve Jobs once told someone, you built a beautiful cake, but your icing is made of sh*t. That's my opinion and wished that it wasn't.

Rant box put away.

Hello,

We understand your frustrations here and we try to help as volunteers (no official support).

Where did you get your software? What software is it exactly?

What computer do you use?

Alain II
Quote Hi all:

I found it!
Yes, PD CAN do slip editing. It is done easily in the Trim window using the little padlock icon, labelled "Lock Duration". Simples!

Scott

Sorry for being a bit thick but I can't understand what this does. I am not used to using the trim function. I usually just split the clips and insert them and maybe I am missing something that would be useful and make my life easier. I think I tried what you outlined (using the padlock) but it still allowed me to adjust the clip on the timeline by dragging each end.

As I understand it you are saying that the central clip can be trimmed (shortened) without its duration being altered so presumably it runs slower?

I am sure I have got this wrong but perhaps you would be good enough to enlighten me.

Regards

Nigel

Hi Collier,

Google slip editing and you have the answers.

Success!

Alain II
Quote Hi all:

I found it!
Yes, PD CAN do slip editing. It is done easily in the Trim window using the little padlock icon, labelled "Lock Duration". Simples!

Scott

Sorry for being a bit thick but I can't understand what this does. I am not used to using the trim function. I usually just split the clips and insert them and maybe I am missing something that would be useful and make my life easier. I think I tried what you outlined (using the padlock) but it still allowed me to adjust the clip on the timeline by dragging each end.

As I understand it you are saying that the central clip can be trimmed (shortened) without its duration being altered so presumably it runs slower?

I am sure I have got this wrong but perhaps you would be good enough to enlighten me.

Regards

Nigel

Hi Collier,

Google slip editing and you have the answers.

Success!

Alain II
Quote Welcome to the forum. Do you have the New Blue Titler plug-in as part of your PD installation? If yes, you’ll find it in the Title Library and it’s just an icon but when you open that beauty up just start clicking away and have fun. The NBT is an older simple version but still very capable. Find a tutorial on that if you need to.

I have the ultimate edition, does that usually come as standard?
Thanks again

Hello Kempy and all in this forum,

First, a very Happy New-Year 2018!

We hope the world gets better than what it was in 2017... and CL gives us interesting and competitive features for the next PD's editions.

Regarding 3D intros. There's a neat online application called Panzoid that you will find here: https://panzoid.com/.

Have a look, it's probably what you need. Once rendered as a .mov file with your music, you can download and import into PD.
You can make intros and transitions between chapters, whatever effects, etc. Fun and quick to learn. Not like AE... .
Just use your creativity!
Success!
Alain II
Hello Kyle,
I remember I once asked you to make a tutorial. Looks good!
I go for that tomorrow.
Thank-you!
Alain II
Quote Can't get ColorDirector to launch from PD under fix/enhance. The button shows, clicking says not installed.

Hi P McJehu
I had a similar problem where ColorDirector wouldn't launch at all, loading the latest GFX card drivers fixed this for me. Well, it did the first time it happened. The second time I came across this, there was a corrupt file in Win10 system and I had to reload Win 10. It all works now. ...... so far !
Cheers

After the update I did notice a better performance. But I still cannot port a project out of PD into CD. No button appears at all now.
I've been extremely frustrated with this 16 experience. 4K can crash this so fast I have to reduce resolution to get any editing done.
I did go through to check drivers, I'm on Win 7 64 but I'll go through again and see if I can find something. My vid card is almost legacy but it's worked till now. I've wondered if upgrading the video would help, but I thought I saw postings that Nvidia still isn't supported for acceleration.
Did you do a complete Windows reinstall? Ugh. I'm not sure I'm up to that.

Hello,
Did you try to reinstall CD from CL? If not, contact the support and ask them to have a link available for a new download. Maybe you also need to redownload PD?
I had several problems with CD not appearing anymore and these redownloads helped me out.
Let us know.
Success!
Alain II
Quote Thanks for the feedback! Found some great Cyber Monday deals. Ended up building a rig with the Pentium i7 8700k, 32gb ram, GeForce 1080ti graphics card, 500gb m2 SSD, 2tb sata HD, 800watt power supply, liquid cooled. Should do the trick for a couple of years!

Cheers

Quote I plan on building a new video editing PC on Cycber Monday. A couple of questions:

1. Does PowerDirector 15 and/or 16 support the AMD Ryzen 1700x

PD16 works fine on my setup eating around 30% from my R7 1800x and around 30% from my GTX1080 when rendering a 50 Mbit/s 1080p movie to 4K 50 Mbit/s.

Hello,

Please let the community know how good this new configuration works?

There's a tiny app called TechPowerUp GPU-Z that is interesting to check GPU when running PD and others.

Success, and we hope to read you soon.

Thanks.

Alain II
Quote A member here got NB Titler 5 (I think 5) to work in the UI with PD but could not rid himself of the watermark.

If a stand-alone edition 6 exists just render as a .mov file and add to the timeline in PD. No problems here. If special effects have them ready before your render or use the effects of PD on the text .mov file in the timeline.

Is the watermark not the result of a copy that has not received the "green" light...?

Alain II
Quote I need to make motorsports videos with professional-looking (ESPN quality) titles, such as would be possible through NewBlueFX Titler 6. I see that PD16 is compatible with BewBllueFX Titler 1.5 which isn't powerful. Is PD16 compatible with NewBlueFX 6 or is there another program compatible with PD16 in which one can make completely professional-looking sports titles? Thank you.

Hello,

Have you checked the NewBlue website to read about? If not mentioned ask their support. Since I imagine this Titler 6 is a stand-alone soft you could prepare these titles outside PD16 and import them for usage? I use for PD14 Titler 4 and that works perfectly.

Ask NB also if you can download additional titles from http://www.fontspace.com/ (some are really professional looking) and use them in Titler 6?

Let know the community; that concerns all of us.

Success!

Alain II

I have the latest version of PowerDirector on my phone and I'm creating a Christmas campaign video for our charity. I need to insert a hyperlink into the final clip- does anyone know how to do this? I can't find anything in the tutorials.

Any help would be greatly appreciated- thanks!

Hello all,

I am not sure that "PowerDirector on my phone" will work with this solution but here's what you can do. With the tests, I did with photo collages it works and it will with video:

there's a web app that is called Kizeo. Check Google. It makes very fast competitive photo and video collages for those who are lazy (:). You can add special FX's, transitions, etc. AND the hyperlink.

Sole little prob is that the MINIMUM version withOUT a Kizeo logo will cost approx 25US$ for a lifetime license. Up to you to decide but you can test it all and I just tested a video hyperlink and it works.

So when your collage or unique video footage is made, record it, download it to your computer, put it in the timeline , edit with the rest of your footage, render, and it should be "done". Again, I have only tested it yet. Will make some YT examples when possible but try it out and let the community know about.

Now let the creative mind work!

Success!

Alain II
Quote would love to learn how to do a smooth Zoom Transitions from one video to the next! Any help would be greatly appreciated! https://youtu.be/B_RXqO6qFgQ Example posted! Thank you!

Hello,

The Sam Kolder effect is not really possible in PD as what you see in Premiere Pro and After Effects but when you look at this YT tutorial of iMovie you understand the basics to make a similar effect in PD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6TusuL6E4Y

Test it with crop and zoom, PiP, video in reverse, the action camera center and the cross transition at 01 or 02 frames speed.

Success!

Alain II
Quote Hi I am really impressed with the PhD app functionality in regards to collage making it is quick and easy and produces good looking images. However, I can't see any information about such a system in the desktop application. I did see some tutorial videos, but these were basically where you put all the images into one file and then made the collage yourself. Didn't seem to be using a templates system at all. Is there any such functionality in the desktop program? Or should I save my money?

Hello,

If you wish to make just a photo collage then in PhD 9 you can do this in "photo composer" manually, and add as you wish.

The video collage as Stevek writes but then automatically in PD16. It's manually also possible such as tests here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txRrQJGCw5A or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wrb3wZYy3K0

and if you have ColorDirector you can do it too, send it to PowerDirector and make a still.

Success!

Alain II
Quote Hello Alain II,

Another question on the Motion Stills feature was discussed here - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/63910.page

I would say how good/bad it works depends on (a) how much use you have for it & (b) how carefully the motion area is masked. Having only used it to create a small number of GIFs (about 6-7) I found it very easy to use and produced results very quickly. From video import to Gif export takes only a few minutes, depending on the complexity of the masking.

The edge of the mask is a critical area. If it's not carefully done, the quality of the motion still (.gif) is detrimentally affected.

These are NOT exemplars, just two I've made. The first is from a short clip of a flowing stream. The second is from a timelapse video of evening traffic.

Attached is a screenshot showing the masking stage of the traffic example. The GIF would have been better had I kept the mask edge aligned with the lane markings.

PIX

Hello Pix,

Thanks for your reply. These are interesting tricks FX's. A nice asset!

All the best.

Alain II
Hello all,

I appreciate to read your experiences with PHD 9 and "motion still". Is this last trick really interesting? I have seen the tutorial of CL and it looks nice but what are your impressions? The trial version does not activate this trick that I know?

Thanks.

Alain II
Quote Hi Paddy -

There's no way to build that into a produced video that I know.

You could simply insert an image for a suitable duration to allow the viewer time to think... but that would be pre-determining the time required.

A variation of that would be to provide an instruction for the viewer to press the SPACE bar to pause the video and allow reflection time - then again when they're ready to move on.

Something like...

Cheers - Tony

The question in the video was: "hmmm, will I go to the beach today, yes or not...?" cool

I know, I know... .

Alain II

Have a nice day!
Quote OK - Before running PowerDirector check task manager. It'll show you what processes/programmes you have got running. This is only relevant if you see Power Director in the list because it shouldn't be there. If that is the case then right click it and choose "End Process". If you don't see it there then the problem lies elsewhere.

Hello,

This happens here several times a month. Usually, when defragmenting the C-Drive where you program is installed makes it work smoothly. If a SSD trim it. And do this weekly.

Success.

Alain II

cool beans! thanks! i'll give it a try!
Quote Is there a way to loop particles, seems the only way I can lengthen the time is copy and paste until the desired length is done.

You should be able to highlight the particle and set the duration you want with DURATION above timeline. Or you should be able to stretch it with mouse.

Hi, changing time or stretching has never worked. When you try it, it looks as it has worked, but it will only play to the default? timing.

I can only make up the required time by copy/paste/crossfade. each added to the timeline.

Has anyone been able to acheive it by stretching or changing the duration?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Here that works fine stretching the particle.

Where do you place the particle?

Alain II

Hello,

It's placed on the video line, it won't go anywhere else. Whatever time I stretch it to it cuts off at 50.05 seconds.

It's a snow particle, but whichever one I choose, same thing happens. I just cannot make adjustments to the time.

See following little video on YT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FkCd1q7fUo

In the timeline put the particle in another track UNDER/ABOVE the track you need it to work it in as I show. That should make it unless the particle is corrupt?

Alain II

Yes, I am placing the particle on another track, and as I said, whichever particle I select, I cannot change the timing to anything over the default? timing, which is just over 50 seconds. Yes everything looks as if it's going to work when I stretch the particle, or, change the duration, but they go no further than 50 seconds.

In your video you stretched the particle, but only a small amount, if it's within the 50 second limit, it will work, but what if you stretch it to say 2 minutes. Will it work then?

Yes, it works with the 3D snow particles for 3 minutes and more, as for others.

Contact the technical support of Cyberlink. Maybe you need to reload the program fully?

Success.

Alain II

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello again,

I need to correct something.... I couldn't do this yesterday evening because the forum server seemed to have a traffic congestion and was very slow from here. It seems the same this Monday morning...?

The 3D snow particle lasts only +- 50 secs and extending the particle does NOT help since you have a black background afterward.

As you wrote, one need to copy and paste the particle and crossfade. But you can play with the particle designer and make from the known particle different versions regarding the "intensity" of snow you need to reproduce. If you need 3 minutes you then will have to make average 6 versions depending on your needs.

Hope that suits your needs.

I don't think the technical support will be able to help.

Success!

Alain II

PS. If someone knows a better way, we are eager to learn your trick.
Quote OK - Before running PowerDirector check task manager. It'll show you what processes/programmes you have got running. This is only relevant if you see Power Director in the list because it shouldn't be there. If that is the case then right click it and choose "End Process". If you don't see it there then the problem lies elsewhere.

Hello,

This happens here several times a month. Usually, when defragmenting the C-Drive where you program is installed makes it work smoothly. If a SSD trim it. And do this weekly.

Success.

Alain II
Go to: