Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Particles comprehensive tutorial
Paolo123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 21, 2017 10:10 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everybody.

Would some knowledgeable person be able to point me to a link were I can find a detailed tutorial on how particle's elements work ie: LIFE, SPEED, MOTION etc...
I was trying to find out how to set specific life and movements to particles, on which the parameters do not change should the particle's duration need to be changed.
I was also trying to figure out why, if I add a background to a particle's template, some of the particle's parameters move out of sync.

Thank you for the help.

Paolo
Alain II [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 20, 2015 01:34 Messages: 136 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Paolo,

For particles, you have this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GomOqZbgYNw

Best is that you make your own particles in the part. room using a graphical soft such as Paint.net, Paint Shop, etc. or download them from CL's DirectorZone

If more questions, come back here.

Succes!

Alain II
Paolo123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 21, 2017 10:10 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello Paolo,

Best is that you make your own particles in the part. room using a graphical soft such as Paint.net, Paint Shop, etc. or download them from CL's DirectorZone

Succes!

Alain II

Hi Alain II, Thanks for the reply. I have already gone through these tutorials, but these are basics. I was looking for a more in depth description of each individual setting in a particle.
I'm making a complex video showing the various stages of a Space Shuttle launch and orbit. When I create the Robotic Arm (3 pieces), which move individually, I find that correcting a setting on one arm, causes the other arm' setting to go out of sync. It could be that my PC is not fast enough.
I use Paint Shop Pro to make my graphics, but this does not seem to be the problem. I already have problems with the particles' design. It seems that if a build a particle (say 30 seconds duration) and save it, it displays with everthing out od sync, as it only save it as a 10 seconds particle. When I drag it to the timeline, the correct time displays. This means I cannot upload some particles to DZ.

Thank You for your reply. I would appreciate if you have any solutions for the above.

Ciao, Paolo
Alain II [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 20, 2015 01:34 Messages: 136 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello Paolo,

Succes!

Alain II

Hi Alain II, Thanks for the reply. I have already gone through these tutorials, but these are basics. I was looking for a more in depth description of each individual setting in a particle.
I'm making a complex video showing the various stages of a Space Shuttle launch and orbit. When I create the Robotic Arm (3 pieces), which move individually, I find that correcting a setting on one arm, causes the other arm' setting to go out of sync. It could be that my PC is not fast enough.
I use Paint Shop Pro to make my graphics, but this does not seem to be the problem. I already have problems with the particles' design. It seems that if a build a particle (say 30 seconds duration) and save it, it displays with everthing out od sync, as it only save it as a 10 seconds particle. When I drag it to the timeline, the correct time displays. This means I cannot upload some particles to DZ.

Thank You for your reply. I would appreciate if you have any solutions for the above.

Ciao, Paolo

Hello Paolo,

I get back to you on these questions ASAP. Note that there's no more in-depth info available. I try to make a video explaining soon.

The best thing to do is to create a PNG image of say a ball and try all the parameters one by one. Never forget to bring the scrubber in the timeline of the particle room back to the left by always pressing the stop button before you can play with the different settings in the left column. Start with the "maximum count" and set it to just that one subject and try the other parameters one by one. In the timeline, the length is 10 secs (to work with). Once you have made a particle and saved it, import to the PD timeline (whatever track you wish) and trim or expand to whatever length you wish as for effects. Best is to try a transition effect between 2 cuts. The ball coming in from left up to down right between 2 scenes, for example.

Success!

Alain II

Something like this, for example : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FkCd1q7fUo

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 11. 2018 06:27