Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Interesting audio material-sound effects ... from the BBC
Alain II [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 20, 2015 01:34 Messages: 136 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all,

I understand that the famous BBC in the UK is releasing a sound effects database available for all except commercial purposes.

You find the link here: http://bbcsfx.acropolis.org.uk/

Enjoy!

Alain II

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 24. 2018 05:02

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for posting this. I want to play the audio file first before deciding to download it. The player in the browser keep saying invalid source. Download opens thw WMP on my pc so you can listen and save it if you want to.
Alain II [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 20, 2015 01:34 Messages: 136 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for posting this. I want to play the audio file first before deciding to download it. The player in the browser keep saying invalid source. Download opens thw WMP on my pc so you can listen and save it if you want to.

Hello,

Are you sure you use the latest browser? Works here fine with Chrome, Firefox. Did not try MS yet.

Alain II
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I use Internet Explorer and that is the problem. It is constantly updated by microsoft with security patches so it is the latest. Chrome works fine
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello all,

I understand that the famous BBC in the UK is releasing a sound effects database available for all except commercial purposes.

You find the link here: http://bbcsfx.acropolis.org.uk/

Enjoy!

Alain II

Brilliant, thanks for posting Alain II

Dave I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
[Post New]
Thank you Alain II,

That's an amazing (and quite obscure) collection of SFX.

If ever I need a recording of a man drinking a bucket of cold cocoa, or the sound of typing with three hands, I'll know just where to find it. laughing

PIX PIX YouTube channel