Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

Thanks so much for the help. Dumb question, but what is the PiP designer? Also, I am using Windows 10.

Figured it out!! Thanks again!!
Quote I don't have these problems. You may have this problem with PD12 if you are using Windows 10 but not with Windows 7.

If the video is flipped left to right then use the PiP designer to flip it horizontally to correct for it before producing.

Thanks so much for the help. Dumb question, but what is the PiP designer? Also, I am using Windows 10.
Recorded a video with a GoPro camera, uploaded to PD12, produced a video and everything looks good. Then uploaded it to YouTube. The video appears in YouTube upside down. If I rotate the video in PD12, it appears upside down in PD, but right side up in YouTube...however, it then appears where right is left and left is right. Anyone have a solution to this? THANKS MUCH!!!!
Can I use 1080 GoPro files in PD12?
Thanks so much for the help. So if I upgrade to the PowerDirector 17, will this solve this problem?
I checked the Preferences and it's set to 30 FPS.
Used a Sony HDR-CX220 to film a wedding and used the High Quality FH mode to get good video. However, when trying to import to PD12, the video looks "distorted." Is there an easy way to convert the video from MTS to MP4? Is there a preference somewhere in PD12 to allow this to work? Suggestions??

Thanks!!
Andy
Thanks again for the advice on this. I've worked for months to convert all of the old tapes and could not be happier with the results. The people on this forum are the best!! Thanks again.
Thanks much for the help.

While trying to capture the requested information, I noticed the "Fast Rendering" was checked. When I uncheck this, everything works fine.

THANKS again.
Using PD 12 on a Windows 10 machine. I'm making some highlight films. Created about 10 mp4 files, each plays fine individually. When I import each of these new shorter mp4 files back into the timeline and try to Produce a combined file, some of the mp4's show an inflated time. Example: I have a file that actually runs 1 minute and 33 seconds. When I import it back into PD12, it shows the duration as 1502:10:35:01 and if I try to actually "produce" the file, it just runs forever.

Thanks much for any assistance.
THANK YOU!!! This helps me a ton. I was wasting a lot of time. Now I need to find an old computer with the correct connections to allow me to use the digital signals from the camcorder. Thanks again!!!
Using an old Sony digital 8 camcorder and trying to upload video & audio from the camera to the PC. I have a firewire cable and bought an adaptor to go from the firewire end to USB allowing that end of the cable to plug into the PC. However, I get the message, "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it." I'm using PD12 and Windows 10. Any help, advice, or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
Full Feature Editor, Import Media Files, select a mp4 file (which I've done 100s of times) and receive the following note: "Selected file contains no RichVideo information to display scene information. Do you want to generate it now? It may take a few minutes to detect the scenes of the video."

Without doing anything, a new message shows up stating: PDR12.exe has stopped working. Please send us this error report to help us fix the problem andimprove this software.

I've imported about 200 of these files with no problems, now the software is shutting down on it's own.

Thanks for any input/ideas.

Andy
Thanks so much for the response.

I took your advice and got Vidcoder. Never used this before and have a question. If I download the DVD VOB files from a disc it comes to around 4.2gigs of data in VOB format. If I use Vidcoder and download the same disc into MP4 format, it's only 1.6 gig. Does this mean the video quality is less with the MP4 format? Thanks!!
I have about 200 home movie DVDs that were created in 2003/2004/2005 from VHS and digital tapes. I don't know why, but some I can import into PD12 as MPEG files and copy directly to an external HD. Other DVDs, I have to import the VOB files into PD. Should I transfer the files that I can as MPEG and leave the others as VOB? Would it be better to import the VOB files to PD (which I need to do anyway for creating highlights videos) then re "produce" the files so everything will be stored in the MPEG format? I'm thinking I would want to use the MPEG4 format.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Glad you knew what the Video_TS.VOB file represented. It's funny that when I play these discs on my DVD player, there is a menu on each disc. Oh well.

Thanks again for the help. I really appreciate it.

Thanks for the help. I've been selecting the far right option "Capture from an external or optical device." This button is not white but certainly highlighted compared to the other buttons. It works on some of my discs but not all. All of these discs were created with PD software years ago so there shouldn't be differences. Thanks again for the help with this.

Just noticed something....on the discs that are captured with no problems, there is a file on the disc: Video_TS.VOB This file is not included on the discs that do not want to upload. I'm thinking I may have to just move the VOB files to the PC, convert them to MP4 and go from there. THANKS AGAIN for any advice that could help me.
Quote At the top left of the Capture page there is a set of buttons that highlight in blue when there is a valid DVD in the optical drive. You must then click on that button to change it to be white and active first.

Thanks for the help. I've been selecting the far right option "Capture from an external or optical device." This button is not white but certainly highlighted compared to the other buttons. It works on some of my discs but not all. All of these discs were created with PD software years ago so there shouldn't be differences. Thanks again for the help with this.
I did this with a DVD a few days ago, so I know it can be done but I cannot figure out how I did it. Using PD12. Just want to capture all of the chapters from the DVD and import them into my PC. Creating backup copies on external hard drives. I'm clicking on Capture, then the red dot to "Record" and all I get is a file that says "This file isn't playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt." These are all my home movies from years ago.

I can copy the VOB files but I would like to store these as MPEG2 or MPEG4 video files.

Thanks
Andy
Quote Just for clarification, Power DVD is usually not abbrievated as PD. That is reserved for PowerDirector.. This is posted in Power DVD 17 which is the PLAYER. You also mention timeline which confuses me because I don;t know what timeline you are talking about. There is NO PDirecctor 17.

Please clarify.

Download the free trial. Let us know how it works for you.

Note that you cannot upgrade the trial version. It must be removed and the full version installed.

You added a TON of clarity with this: "Power DVD is not abbrievated as PD." I've been trying to mix apples and oranges. See this post: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/63782.page

After the reply noted in the above post, I caught on that I've been "incorrectly" comparing PD16 or PD17 as options. However, until your most recent reply, I didn't understand that PowerDirector 16 is not connected to Power DVD 17.

I do so little video work anymore that I'm likely going to look for a way to convert the .MOV file to MP4, then import the MP4 file.

THANKS much for the help with this.
I'm trying to upload a few videos from my iPhone 7. First, they come into PD12 rotated 90 degrees to the left. I can fix this, but the videos are also all cropped and don't show as much as I see when I play them on the PC without going through PD. There is about 10% of the video missing from both the top and bottom of the screen - it's like someone already cropped the video.

Don't know if this is a factor, but I get a Timeline Frame Rate conflict message saying that I'm adding video at 30 FPS - although the Project timeline frame rate set in General preference is set at 29.97. However, when I go to Preferences it shows 30F FPS (NTSC.)

Thanks for any advice on this.

Andy
Go to: