Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
MTS files not looking correct in PD12
Andy43 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 16, 2014 11:46 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Used a Sony HDR-CX220 to film a wedding and used the High Quality FH mode to get good video. However, when trying to import to PD12, the video looks "distorted." Is there an easy way to convert the video from MTS to MP4? Is there a preference somewhere in PD12 to allow this to work? Suggestions??

Thanks!!
Andy
AshWilliams [Avatar]
Member Location: Michigan Joined: Mar 28, 2013 23:38 Messages: 109 Offline
[Post New]
No sure if you mean PowerDVD or PowerDirector, but being that you have an older version of either program is part of the issue I am sure. You can use Handbrake to do high quality conversions. Just Google "HandBrake" and you will find it straight away.

Ash
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The FH mode is 1920 x 1080/60i 17 Mbps. If you are using the Editor and not the Player then make sure you set the correct information in Preferences/General such as 29.97 fps.

This is interlaced video and converting it to a progrssive format like mp4 will not help with the resolution. Progressive 60p recording is available in the camcorder.
Andy43 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 16, 2014 11:46 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks so much for the help. So if I upgrade to the PowerDirector 17, will this solve this problem?
I checked the Preferences and it's set to 30 FPS.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 26. 2019 22:06

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
30 Frames per second. Use drop frame time code = Yes for 29.97 fps.

PD12 works just fine with such files. Do not know what you mean that the video looks distorted. Could you supply a screenshot showing a distorted part in the video...