Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD16 or PD17
Andy43 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 16, 2014 11:46 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
I'm currently using PD12. Apparently there are problems when trying to upload videos from an iPhone 7 so I need to upgrade. Why would/should I upgrade to PD16 for $84.99 if I can upgrade to PD17 for only $44.95? What am I missing?

Thanks

Andy
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm currently using PD12. Apparently there are problems when trying to upload videos from an iPhone 7 so I need to upgrade. Why would/should I upgrade to PD16 for $84.99 if I can upgrade to PD17 for only $44.95? What am I missing?

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

Don't miss the short term discounts. Read the other messages in this forum to see what users think about 17. Ignore those going from 16 to 17. That's not the comparison needed.

What kind of issues are you seeing uploading from your iPhone 7? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Andy43 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm trying to upload a few videos from my iPhone 7. First, they come into PD12 rotated 90 degrees to the left. I can fix this, but the videos are also all cropped and don't show as much as I see when I play them on the PC without going through PD. There is about 10% of the video missing from both the top and bottom of the screen - it's like someone already cropped the video.

Don't know if this is a factor, but I get a Timeline Frame Rate conflict message saying that I'm adding video at 30 FPS - although the Project timeline frame rate set in General preference is set at 29.97. However, when I go to Preferences it shows 30F FPS (NTSC.)

Thanks for any advice on this.

Andy
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Just for clarification, Power DVD is usually not abbrievated as PD. That is reserved for PowerDirector.. This is posted in Power DVD 17 which is the PLAYER. You also mention timeline which confuses me because I don;t know what timeline you are talking about. There is NO PDirecctor 17.

Please clarify.

Download the free trial. Let us know how it works for you.

Note that you cannot upgrade the trial version. It must be removed and the full version installed.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 11. 2017 08:20

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Andy43 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Just for clarification, Power DVD is usually not abbrievated as PD. That is reserved for PowerDirector.. This is posted in Power DVD 17 which is the PLAYER. You also mention timeline which confuses me because I don;t know what timeline you are talking about. There is NO PDirecctor 17.

Please clarify.

Download the free trial. Let us know how it works for you.

Note that you cannot upgrade the trial version. It must be removed and the full version installed.

You added a TON of clarity with this: "Power DVD is not abbrievated as PD." I've been trying to mix apples and oranges. See this post: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/63782.page

After the reply noted in the above post, I caught on that I've been "incorrectly" comparing PD16 or PD17 as options. However, until your most recent reply, I didn't understand that PowerDirector 16 is not connected to Power DVD 17.

I do so little video work anymore that I'm likely going to look for a way to convert the .MOV file to MP4, then import the MP4 file.

THANKS much for the help with this.