Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
mp4 files won't link together
Andy43 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 16, 2014 11:46 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Using PD 12 on a Windows 10 machine. I'm making some highlight films. Created about 10 mp4 files, each plays fine individually. When I import each of these new shorter mp4 files back into the timeline and try to Produce a combined file, some of the mp4's show an inflated time. Example: I have a file that actually runs 1 minute and 33 seconds. When I import it back into PD12, it shows the duration as 1502:10:35:01 and if I try to actually "produce" the file, it just runs forever.

Thanks much for any assistance.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Example: I have a file that actually runs 1 minute and 33 seconds. When I import it back into PD12, it shows the duration as 1502:10:35:01 and if I try to actually "produce" the file, it just runs forever.

Can you post a screenshot showing that situation? Also, if you could upload one of the problem clips to a cloud folder and paste the link here, other people can take a look at it.

Also, take a look at the Read Me Before Posting sticky thread and please attach the DxDiag results AND a screenshot showing the icons and exact version of PD12. All of these details can play a role in what's happening.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Andy43 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 16, 2014 11:46 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks much for the help.

While trying to capture the requested information, I noticed the "Fast Rendering" was checked. When I uncheck this, everything works fine.

THANKS again.