Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
https://www.dvdsmith.com/dvd-copy-protection-types.html

Some of the keys are stored on the lead-in area of the disk, which is generally only read by compliant drives. Keys can be passed from a DVD drive to a descrambler over a PC bus using a secure handshake protocol.
You can't write there with a normal drive and recordable DVD blanks.
2) Go to Produce tab and select default profiles and use the H.264, MP4 MPEG-4 4K 4096x2160/30p (50Mbps) profile
3) Make sure Fast video rendering technology: NVIDIA NVENC is selected for hardware encoding on the Produce page

I would say that today, everyting should be exported in h265 format. Same bitrate, but better quality.
Of course the hardware encoders need to be latest generation... for nvidia Ampere and Turing GPUs (except TU117). Because they have the most features for HEVC:

https://docs.nvidia.com/video-technologies/video-codec-sdk/pdf/NVENC_Application_Note.pdf

Nvidia NVENC - Wikipedia
Quote Hello,
Have tried to add my GPU as the preferred graphics processor in the Nvidia setting, but it's greyed out. I believe that's the main issue.

That's beause you have a laptop with an integrated video card and without a dedicated video mux. The Intel encoder is used because nvidia has to pass-trough the intel video.
There are portable workstations, that have a hardware video mux, but they are usually more expensive.
The 3D settings you adjust applu only to the 3D cores, not to the nvenc portion of the nvidia GPU. That portion is used for conversion to h264/h265 video.
3D cores are used very seldom by the PD, only in some effects, marked as such (GPU).

PS: It's a well known issue and other video encoder programs suffer from it too.
I live in Spain and have a few friends who have bought from Backmarket and the quality of the laptops is first class, so i've been looking on there but I'm left a little bamboozled by lots of the figures on there. My budget is only around €400

Thhose money barely can buy a decent desktop. A laptop in that price range would be as useful as your old one.
Unless heavily discounted.
I have tried that file on my system (RTX3080Ti) and it yield 56 sec.

The 3D usage (CUDA cores) during this was minimal, like 3%.
The NVENC showed Decoding 4K at 98% usage and Encoding in H265 was at 40% usage. I think that was the bottleneck.

PS: That's a nice feature, I saw indeed the same "download and install component" before first usage.
Quote [Ctrl] [Shift] V

The wonderful ways MS helps us
Ctrl+Shift+C copies text formatting and Ctrl+Shift+V pastes it.
Ctrl+C and Ctrl+Shift+V makes it work in this forum.
Thank you!
That's correct, in Edge browser, copy/paste puts just the page title text, not the link. Example of above link, directly Copy/pasted:

Reply Can't Copy and Paste URL in Messages on this Forum (cyberlink.com)
You need to use the little chain symbol in the toolbar for that.
Even the FinalCut ProX EULA says that's not for commercial use:
https://www.apple.com/legal/sla/docs/FinalCutProX.pdf

B. MPEG-2 Notice. To the extent that the Apple Software contains MPEG-2 functionality, the following
provision applies: ANY USE OF THIS PRODUCT OTHER THAN CONSUMER PERSONAL USE IN ANY
MANNER THAT COMPLIES WITH THE MPEG-2 STANDARD FOR ENCODING VIDEO INFORMATION
FOR PACKAGED MEDIA IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED WITHOUT A LICENSE UNDER APPLICABLE
PATENTS IN THE MPEG-2 PATENT PORTFOLIO, WHICH LICENSE IS AVAILABLE FROM MPEG LA,
L.L.C., 250 STEELE STREET, SUITE 300, DENVER, COLORADO 80206.
C. Use of MPEG-4. This product is licensed under the MPEG-4 Systems Patent Portfolio License for
encoding in compliance with the MPEG-4 Systems Standard, except that an additional license and
payment of royalties are necessary for encoding in connection with (i) data stored or replicated in
physical media which is paid for on a title by title basis and/or (ii) data which is paid for on a title by title
basis and is transmitted to an end user for permanent storage and/or use. Such additional license may
be obtained from MPEG LA, LLC. See https://www.mpegla.com for additional details.
This product is licensed under the MPEG-4 Visual Patent Portfolio License for the personal and noncommercial use of a consumer for (i) encoding video in compliance with the MPEG-4 Visual Standard
(“MPEG-4 Video&rdquo and/or (ii) decoding MPEG-4 video that was encoded by a consumer engaged in a
personal and non-commercial activity and/or was obtained from a video provider licensed by MPEG LA
to provide MPEG-4 video. No license is granted or shall be implied for any other use. Additional
information including that relating to promotional, internal and commercial uses and licensing may be
obtained from MPEG LA, LLC. See https://www.mpegla.com.
D. H.264/AVC Notice. To the extent that the Apple Software contains AVC encoding and/or decoding
functionality, commercial use of H.264/AVC requires additional licensing and the following provision
applies: THE AVC FUNCTIONALITY IN THIS PRODUCT IS LICENSED HEREIN ONLY FOR THE
PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL USE OF A CONSUMER TO (i) ENCODE VIDEO IN COMPLIANCE
WITH THE AVC STANDARD (“AVC VIDEO&rdquo AND/OR (ii) DECODE AVC VIDEO THAT WAS ENCODED BY
A CONSUMER ENGAGED IN A PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL ACTIVITY AND/OR AVC VIDEO
THAT WAS OBTAINED FROM A VIDEO PROVIDER LICENSED TO PROVIDE AVC VIDEO. INFORMATION
REGARDING OTHER USES AND LICENSES MAY BE OBTAINED FROM MPEG LA L.L.C. SEE HTTPS://
WWW.MPEGLA.COM.
E. AMR Notice. The Adaptive Multi-Rate (“AMR&rdquo encoding and decoding functionality in this product is
not licensed to perform cellular voice calls, or for use in any telephony products built on the QuickTime
architecture for the Windows platform. The AMR encoding and decoding functionality in this product is
also not licensed for use in a cellular communications infrastructure including: base stations, base
station controllers/radio network controllers, switching centers, and gateways to and from the public
switched network.
F. HEVC (H.265). To the extent that the Apple Software contains HEVC functionality, the following
provision applies: THIS PRODUCT INCLUDES TECHNOLOGY COMPLIANT WITH THE HEVC/H.265
STANDARD AND THUS MAY BE SUBJECT TO THIRD PARTY PATENT LICENSING OBLIGATIONS
FROM VARIOUS PATENT POOLS HOLDING PATENT RIGHTS ASSOCIATED WITH THE HEVC/H.265
STANDARD. CUSTOMER SHOULD CONSULT INDEPENDENT LEGAL COUNSEL WHEN DETERMINING
WHETHER A LICENSE IS REQUIRED
Quote Seems that there are a lot of folks on youtube using this software "commercially" and it's certainly not clearly stated, that I've ever seen, that you're not supposed to use it to make money. That would render it useless.

It depends how "visible" you are. You won't get sued if there are no money to make from you.
A lot of other NLE software that are more expensive are granted to be used for commerical use, because they included those licensing fees in their cost.
Read this and make your own decision:
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=24103

CyberLink does not license the above items for commercial use and you are advised to approach the relevant licensing agents at the above addresses for more information.
*MPEG DISTRIBUTION
ANY USE OF THIS PRODUCT IN ANY MANNER OTHER THAN PERSONAL USE THAT COMPLIES WITH THE MPEG-2 STANDARD FOR ENCODING VIDEO INFORMATION FOR PACKAGED MEDIA IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED WITHOUT A LICENSE UNDER APPLICABLE PATENTS IN THE MPEG-2 PATENT PORTFOLIO, WHICH LICENSE IS AVAILABLE FROM MPEG-LA,LLC AT THE ADDRESS ABOVE.
THIS PRODUCT IS LICENSED UNDER THE AVC PATENT PORTFOLIO LICENSE FOR THE PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL USE OF A CONSUMER TO (i) ENCODE VIDEO IN COMLIANCE WITH THE AVC STANDARD (“AVC VIDEO” AND/OR (ii) DECODE AVC VIDEO THAT WAS ENCODED BY A CONSUMER ENGAGED IN A PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL ACTIVITY AND/OR WAS OBTAINED FROM A VIDEO PROVIDER LICENSED TO PROVIDE AVC VIDEO. NO LICENSE IS GRANTED OR SHALL BE IMPLIED FOR ANY OTHER USE. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM MPEG-LA.
You also acknowledge that no rights are granted or may be extended to you to use the MOBILE APP with MPEG-4 Video Content unless such MPEG-4 Content is sold or delivered to you by a content outlet licensed under the MPEG-4 Essential Claims to make such sale or delivery.
*Notices from HEVC Advance
Covered by one or more claims of the patents listed at https://www.hevcadvance.com/licensors/#patent-list.
THIS PRODUCT IS SOLD WITH A LIMITED LICENSE AND IS AUTHORIZED TO BE USED ONLY IN CONNECTION WITH HEVC CONTENT THAT MEETS EACH OF THE THREE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS: (1) HEVC CONTENT ONLY FOR PERSONAL USE; (2) HEVC CONTENT THAT IS NOT OFFERED FOR SALE; AND (3) HEVC CONTENT THAT IS CREATED BY THE OWNER OF THE PRODUCT. THIS PRODUCT MAY NOT BE USED IN CONNECTION WITH HEVC ENCODED CONTENT CREATED BY A THIRD PARTY, WHICH THE USER HAS ORDERED OR PURCHASED FROM A THIRD PARTY, UNLESS THE USER IS SEPARATELY GRANTED RIGHTS TO USE THE PRODUCT WITH SUCH CONTENT BY A LICENSED SELLER OF THE CONTENT. YOUR USE OF THIS PRODUCT IN CONNECTION WITH HEVC ENCODED CONTENT IS DEEMED ACCEPTANCE OF THE LIMITED AUTHORITY TO USE AS NOTED ABOVE.
Nice video.
Small obs: A bit too much glare in the glasses lens. Maybe change the light source direction next time?

PS: PowerDirector is not meant for commericla use, per their TOS. Basically they didn't pay commerical licensing fees for the mp4, h264, h265 formats. Those are free to use only for non-commercial users.
I am not sure if monetizing a channel in YT fits that definition, I would say it does.
I was editing a recent video that had 3 4K videos overlaid with text, effects, and crop/zoom edits. When I added time acceleration on two for the overlaid clips, the system just hung up. The audio kept going, but the edit line and preview froze.

What encoding format were those files?
Windows/PD can work hardware accelerated with mpeg-4, h264, H265, HEVC encoders.
If you come from Apple, you will find out that files native for that (MOV containers, Pro Video Formats) will be very slow in Windows. That's because those formats are proprietary and Apple didn't care to provide a performant codec for Windows.
That's part of Apple marketing scheme.

Also make sure you have those checked:

Optimizations

PS: You won't see any differences between the 3070 and 3080Ti. Their NVDEC/NVENC are identical.
Also, you can use for storage any decent HDD, don't need an NVME, the bottleneck is not on the storage system.
Memory latecy is a thing, hopefully Windows will deal with that better.

PPS: Thinkgs might change with DirectStore (Windows 11 and somewhat in Windows 10). However the apps need to be re-written to get access to that new technology.
I keep all my installed my programs on C: because, if you format and reinstall Windows, they will need to be re-installed too.
But all my other assets are kept on the D: drive (separated from C - photos, videos, downloads, documents. I back them out automatically on an extrenal drive too.
Unfortunatelly that trend was started by sofware companies oferings for businesses. Businesses like that model because they can bill that as expenses for their business and therefore is easily tax deductible and also they charge their clients for that.
Autodesk, Microsoft... I get it.
But this software is not for business usage, it is stated so in their EULA!
They actually don't have licenses for mpeg or mp4 codecs, so those file formats cannot be used commercially (I would argue that even the monetized Youtube content is comercial).
I see how they lure people with the extra features that they give away for the 365 subscribers, but I wonder... who is activelly using those?

Not for me.
Quote I am currently using PD18 Ultra but am considering moving to PD 365 because of all the new and extra video overlays, particles, etc. If I purchase it, then stop the subscription at some later date, will the software still work? Of course, no new items will be available to me after my subscription expires, correct?

No. You don't buy any of the software, you are just renting it for the duration of payment.
Stop payment, the access to all of the software functions stops.
Quote Since long I have to change the default NTSC USA in the batch production to the (PAL) setting of my country.

You don't need to do that, your country doesn't have PAL anymore. Neither does US have NTSC anymore.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_television_in_the_Netherlands
Just saying.
Quote One last thing is that if I set all 3 apps to either Let Windows decide or to High Performance under Graphics Settings, PD's hardware selection box is empty. That means that only the Low Power setting works, although NVENC can be still selected at produce time.

That's strange. Maybe is a bug in Windows 11?
Crashing is not a good sign...

But can you try to manually add the three programs decribed here to the Windows 11?

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/84770.page

LE: What the heck is wrong with spelling...

I guess I can purchase any specific tracks via the likes of iTunes or Amazon Music etc.. , and then import from there.

That purchase would be actually only of the right to use those tracks for personal listening, not for any commercial use.
You never "own" the music you are buying, unless you buy the actual catalog rights to it. Same with the software.
I have a video from my dashcamera and I want to blur a licenceplate of the car in front of me. The distance between cars changes, and the apparent size and location of the car/plate on the screen changes.
I am trying to use the motion tracker to track that plate and it's all over the place. It doesn't track the changes in size or position, it kind of tracks the object... but not very convincing. Error of tracking is too big.

Did anyone had success with this? Is there something special to do to keep this tracking tighter?
Go to: