Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

Why? What do you expect/want from it?

I was hoping for better compatibility within Windows 10. Now, when I try & play .AVI files powerdvd 18 crashes on me. THere are no answers for this anywhere I can find. I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling to no avail. This issue has been happening since Powerdvd 17. I can play DVDs and Blu-rays just fine. AND VLC media player plays the files that Powerdvd cannot for me. Its just a shame I pay out my money for a software with glitches.
when is PowerDVD 19 coming out?
IF anyone else is reading this, (AND it sure isn't Cyberlink technical support) I found a solution that works. I found a program called 'DVDFAB Passkey' that totally eliminates this.. the Discs just play. There is a free and a paid version. Problem now solved.. I watched Logan. Great movie (SPOILER ALERT) very sad to see Logan & Professor X meet their end. I would've liked a better ending but hey, it was real.

Quote I tried playing Logan with Powerdvd 17 to see if it would try n go out to the web, it didn't.. it wanted to download something else to play the disc, but couldn't. Funny I have no trouble playing countless other discs, plus this disc works in my Sony Blu-ray player with zero issues on my TV. PowerDVD has issues.

Thank you. First time I had ever seen this.
I tried playing Logan with Powerdvd 17 to see if it would try n go out to the web, it didn't.. it wanted to download something else to play the disc, but couldn't. Funny I have no trouble playing countless other discs, plus this disc works in my Sony Blu-ray player with zero issues on my TV. PowerDVD has issues.

Hello, I bought a Blu-Ray copy at Walmart of a movie called 'Logan'. When I try to play it I get a message; 'This and other discs include new technology that does not support truetheatre video enhancements and truetheatre 3D during playback. I click the OK button, and it tries to load, then a 2nd message appears, 'a Big blue box that says 'We're Sorry, in order to protect retailers against unauthorized distribution you will need an access code to play this disc. now if I click 'obtain access code it will play. Why am I getting this? I wanted to post screen shots here but when I try I get yet another NON Friendly message from Cyberlink; "The provided URL must have the HTTPS protocol to use this feature"... you're kidding right? Cyberlink is going to make it difficult to allow people to upload simple error .JPGs for help??? WOW, great way to treat your paying customers who support you. PowerDVD 17 was not cheap. SO I laboriously typed all the error messages word for word. Thanks. I have tried a clean install of my video drivers in Windows 10 64 bit, AND a clean install of PowerDVD 17. I'm in compliance with HDCP as I'm using DVI-I. AND NO, I do not wish to use an HDMI Cable because this limits my refresh rate on my monitor to 60Hz, and you need 120Hz to watch 3D Blu-ray movies. I have a hunch this is not an error but a deliberate implementation of the copyright trolls. Now, I would like some honest answers here if anyone can provide them.
Quote Greetings,

I recently upgraded to PowerDVD17 Ultra and noticed that I now have three versions (15, 16, 17) of PowerDVD operational on my computer. On the windows removal list only 16 an 17 appear but 15 is still operational. Should earlier versions be removed or do they rely on one another to function.

RN

Hello, If this were my computer I would use Windows Add/Remove & uninstall 16 & 17. When asked do not save personel settings. We want a CLEAN reinstall. I would then delete all folders for Cyberlink. Then I would use a program called Ccleaner and *MANUALLY* (meaning its safer to read each registry entry that the program marks for removal & remove it yourslef IMHO) delete all references to Cyberlink/Powerdvd in list. Reboot, then in the RUN box type regedit and look under HKey local Machine & Hkey Local user and delete anything Cyberlink. Again, reboot. Now you are ready to perform a CLEAN new install of PowerDVD 17.
I believe this issue IS resolved... I uninstalled Powerdvd 17 AND my video drivers, even cleaning registry entries MANUALLY using ccleaner carefully, and did a sqeeky clean reinstall. DVDs AND Blu-Rays playing normally zero error messages. I hope this helps anyone else experiancing these issues.
Quote Hi starwhite1965,

Please ake sure you monitor is conected trough HDMI cable.
Uninstalling PDVD usualy helps. Please do this WITHOUT keeping the personal settings. After uninstalling, reboot your PC and install PDVD. After that check the launch and Blu-ray movie playback condition.

Greetings
Hicham

Hello Hicham,

HDMI itself won't support the bandwidth for 3D 120hz (or 60hz per eye), I doubt that this is going to work. SO if I connect my monitor using HDMI only as you suggest I cannot playback Blu-Ray 3D movies. AND again I want the 120Hz my monitor supports for gaming as well. I NEED DVI support.
Thank you for the reply. I have been using DVI-D which is HDCP complient, but my video card out is DVI-I which carries an analog signal along WITH the digital, which is strange because I use digital only, its a pretty recent card as it supports the current version of direct X, & is Windows 10 approved too .... copyright trolls making waves I guess, I dunno... ALL I do is watch movies I bought AND payed for. Powerdvd 16 never gave me issues like this. I'm a plug n play kinda guy. Computer savvy when forced, as in annoying error (s) like this. I had not been using the HDMI out on my video card because it is limited on this monitor to only 60Hz refresh rate, as I like using the DVI because it goes up to 120hz, which my monitor supports because I DO play video games, and I like less flicker & more frames.

I also contacted Cyberlink technical support about my issue. I will share with others who may be having the same issue.

Reply I received Today;

Customer Support Response
2017/06/01 07:04

Dear Paying Customer, (took my name out)
Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support about PowerDVD 17, (their latest Ca$h Cow).
I understand that you are getting an Error message as Error code = 0107 while playback of Bluray in PowerDVD 17 software. Regarding your concern,I would inform you that HDCP compliant enviroment needs:
1. Display with a DVI-D (HDCP-ready) or HDMI connection2. GPU with a DVI-D (HDCP-ready) or HDMI connection3. GPU driver is HDCP-compliant
If still face an issue,Please provide the below asked information:1)Provide the DxDiag Log file.
DxDiag.txt You can use the steps that follow to create this file
a. Press the Windows Key + R. b. Type in DxDiag and press Enter or click OK. This will open the DirectX diagnostic tool. c. Click on the Save All Information button. d. Save this file to your Windows desktop and name it dxdiag.
2)BD advisor log (BD part; is a zip file)
Send me the results of the BD/3D advisor which you can download from the link below:
http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/bd-support/diagnosis.do
Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink products.
Use the below mentioned link to get back for further queries:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Thank You and Best Regards,
NandkishorCyberLink Technical Support

Quote Hi starwhite1965,

Please ake sure you monitor is conected trough HDMI cable.
Uninstalling PDVD usualy helps. Please do this WITHOUT keeping the personal settings. After uninstalling, reboot your PC and install PDVD. After that check the launch and Blu-ray movie playback condition.

Greetings
Hicham
Hi everyone. I need some help please. I'm getting an error with Powerdvd 17; I'm trying to play a new Blu-ray I bought called 'Logan', I get; " This and other discs include new technology that does not support true theatre video enhancements and truetheatre 3D during playback. Then Powerdvd 17 hamster wheels a bit, tries to play it and pops up another error; " Cyberlink powerdvd is unable to play this media because the required HDCP could not be initiated. Ensure your graphics card, its driver, and your display support HDCP, HDCP is required to play content that is governed by digital right management technologies. Please click the information button for more detailed information. ( Error code = 0107 ) .... Now PowerDVD 16 worked flawlessly.. my video card supports the latest Direct X so I'm confused as to what the problem is? True I do not have a 4K monitor, it is 1080p, but this is a REGULAR Blu-Ray.. WHat is wrong with Powerdvd 17??? ... I even tried reinstalling 17, same error.
Quote To whom it may concern, I recently updated my Powerdvd 16 with a patch from Cyberlink. I have Windows 10 pro. After the update my paid-for-program started displaying nagging banner ads AND was much slower. I solved it by uninstalling AND reinstalling the base version of 16. Problem solved, ads gone, freezing stopped. This is so wrong that as a paying customer to be tortured with ads I can't turn off. I can tell you I will not be upgrading to 17 if I'm going to be subjected to annoying advertisments. I'm tired of being hammered by ads. Cyberlink You just lost a cusomer. frown

In my version (14), there is an option to uncheck "Check For Product Update Information"

I'm sure that the button is still there in 16.

It doesn't matter if that option is checked or unchecked PowerDVD 16 after the 'update' will display the banner ad constantly and a floating popup.
To whom it may concern, I recently updated my Powerdvd 16 with a patch from Cyberlink. I have Windows 10 pro. After the update my paid-for-program started displaying nagging banner ads AND was much slower. I solved it by uninstalling AND reinstalling the base version of 16. Problem solved, ads gone, freezing stopped. This is so wrong that as a paying customer to be tortured with ads I can't turn off. I can tell you I will not be upgrading to 17 if I'm going to be subjected to annoying advertisments. I'm tired of being hammered by ads. Cyberlink You just lost a cusomer. frown
Dear Chuck, The problem has Zero to do with graphics driver updates. I solved my problem by disabling 'hardware acceleration' within PowerDVD 16. As near as I can guess PowerDVD 16 is not fully compatible with Windows 10.

Quote I have Powerdvd 16 with windows 10. Whenever I play a blu-ray disc it works fine for a while. If I stop playback and resume the video becomes choppy and the sound cuts out. If I reboot my PC it works fine for a while until I stop playback and attempt to resume. Is there a fix for this?

Hi starwhite1965,

For general cases, you may check your graphic driver updates from graphic vendors support page (Intel, nVidia, AMD) to keep the latest Windows 10 compatibility on your platform.

And then, check the playback condition with PowerDVD again.

If condition persists after driver updates, I suggest you go to CyberLink support to check the problems that happened on certain platform.

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp

Sincerely,
Chuck
I have Powerdvd 16 with windows 10. Whenever I play a blu-ray disc it works fine for a while. If I stop playback and resume the video becomes choppy and the sound cuts out. If I reboot my PC it works fine for a while until I stop playback and attempt to resume. Is there a fix for this?
Dear People, I downloaded PowerDVD 14 and tried to play 4 or 5 different Blu-ray movies. When I look in my options I set it for 'resume from last point', of course PowerDVD 14 cannot accomplish this simple, basic task. I contacted support and they told me that this software does not have the ability to resume from last point. It can but only with DVDs. If you buy & install PowerDVD 14 be aware that if you stop your Blu-ray movie you will be forced to start it over from scratch or pick through chapter select. Very inconvenient. Thank goodness I had the trial version installed. Naturally I immediately removed the software from my PC. Another player, 'Totalmedia Theatre 6 DOES have the ability to resume Blu-rays from the last point. Problem solved. Maybe if Cybermedia in the future can invest some time & resources into getting their software to perform basic functions then I might give it another chance.
You are kidding me right?? GOOD THING I was using the trial version! I will uninstall it and BUY a copy of either 'Total media theater' OR Windvd Pro, both programs offer Blu-Ray resume. Powerdvd isn't really that convenient if one has to go thru all the movie menus to find their chapter is it? Please fix your software before you lose even more customers. Blu-Ray resume is just basic functionality, all the fluff you added to version 14, like cloud storage and such doesn't really matter much if you can't offer simple features that make sense.
Correction: this behavior is ONLY with Blu-ray movies...DVD s will resume playback from last scene. WHY won't Blu-rays resume from last scene? IS it possible that PowerDVD does not have the capability to auto resume Blu-rays from the last scene? Say it isn't so!
I can't get powerdvd 14 to save bookmarks. Under 'general', if I choose either 'resume playback from the last scene' or 'prompt before playback resumes' it always plays the Blu-ray or DVD from the very start. Anyone else have this problem?
Go to: